Ole Miss student senators take on state flag, its Confederate imagery

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Good for them.

Ole Miss student senators take on state flag - CNN.com

CNN)University of Mississippi student senators voted Tuesday evening in favor of a resolution asking the university to remove the Mississippi flag, which includes the iconic blue cross and 13 stars representing the states of the Confederacy, from campus.

Thirty-three student senators voted in favor of the resolution, 15 opposed the resolution, and one abstained from voting.

<more>

images

Now all the people of the state have to do is start a petition for the state too refuse funding to the University Of Mississippi.

*****SMILE*****

:)

images

Now all the people of the state have to do is start a petition for the state too refuse funding to the University Of Mississippi.

*****SMILE*****

Oh, you support public funding of the university?

images

Nope! I'm thinkin' most of the educational system is receiving too many funds at this time. Perhaps a 25-50% decrease in all educational funding might in order all around.

Seems they don't learn anything anymore anyway.

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

Nope! I'm thinkin' most of the educational system is receiving too many funds at this time. Perhaps a 25-50% decrease in all educational funding might in order all around.

*****CHUCKLE*****

What happened to the Right's belief that schools shouldn't get any funds from government?

'The Daily Mississippian quoted Shaun Winkler, one of a dozen Ku Klux Klan members attending one such rally last week, saying that since June's church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina, "black leftist communism" groups have begun forming.'

He sounds just like one of our own USMB rightists.

whoa, and this made national headlines as if these 30 something idiot students wailing on about some flag is heroic, and their reason is: it's confederate Imagery. OMG omg omg omg omg DUMB
the news media is so damn lame and so are these students. and when did the students start running things in the colleges and Universities? aren't there any ADULTS around anymore?

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

What happened to the Right's belief that schools shouldn't get any funds from government?

images

If you want to support the abolishment of public education, that's fine by me, you're free to do so.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back