On Becoming Part Of The 1%

What kind of luxuries do you mean? The overpriced gasoline needed to get to and from their shitty minimum-wage jobs that don't offer any health benefits? Electricity in their homes? Heating? Food? Or do you mean all the drugs and alcohol that poor people buy and that's why they're all poor?

Remember that right-wing psycho asshole Bill O'Reilly made a really stupid point about 97% of poor people having refrigerators as proof of how well-off poor people are in America. Is that your standard to go by? Whoever owns a tv shouldn't get government assistance because they can sell their tv to buy food, right? But billionaire banker pieces of shit get multi-billion dollar bonuses from public funds for nearly destroying the entire global economy through illegal and pseudo-legal means, and that's just okay with you.
Smart phones, Xboxes, DVD's, multiple televisions, computers, internet. etc
You asked...may not like the answers.
They can just accept some austerity, right? Sell off their possessions to pay for their bad decisions, right? Tighten up their belts and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, right? All of their failures are their own fault, right?

Now go tell that insipid shit to the handful of billionaire banker scumbags who tanked the world economy to get themselves ahead. How many of them had to sell off their yachts, private jets and summer homes?
Seems you have a problem with those who worked hard and held themselves accountable for success and failures.
That's on you dude.......I went years without so one day I would be able to live comfortable.

You should be ashamed for actually suggesting that people working full time at minimum wage jobs who still can't afford food each week should just wisely invest their meager paychecks and live like kings. Do you understand that people who don't have enough money to buy food also don't have enough money to buy stocks? Do you expect them to starve to death while they're waiting for their returns?

You should be ashamed for failing to understand that no one will get anywhere making minimum wage.
The best clue I could give you is that minimum is the bottle of the scale.

Some bullshit argument about not affording food and cannot buy stocks ... Doesn't address the fact they don't have a clue why they are fricken starving.
People like you keep trying to convince the poor bastards they aren't worth a damn ... And that they should set minimum wage as an acceptable goal or benchmark.
You are the reason they are starving ... Not the people who have the jobs and need better employees who want more than the minimum.

You are never going to get them anywhere but the bottom of the scale by increasing minimum wage.

Did bankers work hard? The LIBOR rate fixing scam was all "hard work"? HSBC funding terrorism against America was really hard work, wasn't it? I mean, they had to cover their tracks for almost ten years. That takes effort. When they finally confessed, the US government agreed to only charge them a fine for two-months' revenue because to prosecute them would have resulted in their boardmembers' convictions and the collapse of Europe's largest bank.

You right-wing Conservatives who type on internet messageboards will NEVER be that rich, so why pretend like those people deserve your support? They won't support you. They proved that when they made billions of dollars off of laundering money for terrorist groups who were killing our soldiers.

Holy shit. KNB does not have an Xbox.

Tell you what KNB. if you vote for Ted Cruz for President in 2016, I will take up a collection at the 1% club and we will buy you an Xbox. Gratis.

You should be ashamed for actually suggesting that people working full time at minimum wage jobs who still can't afford food each week should just wisely invest their meager paychecks and live like kings. Do you understand that people who don't have enough money to buy food also don't have enough money to buy stocks? Do you expect them to starve to death while they're waiting for their returns?

You should be ashamed for failing to understand that no one will get anywhere making minimum wage.
The best clue I could give you is that minimum is the bottle of the scale.

Some bullshit argument about not affording food and cannot buy stocks ... Doesn't address the fact they don't have a clue why they are fricken starving.
People like you keep trying to convince the poor bastards they aren't worth a damn ... And that they should set minimum wage as an acceptable goal or benchmark.
You are the reason they are starving ... Not the people who have the jobs and need better employees who want more than the minimum.

You are never going to get them anywhere but the bottom of the scale by increasing minimum wage.
How the fuck did you get "I don't think poor people are worth a damn" from anything that I wrote? Do you know what would happen to minimum wage workers if there wasn't a minimum wage? They would be paid even less so that corporations could make even more profit.

Did bankers work hard? The LIBOR rate fixing scam was all "hard work"? HSBC funding terrorism against America was really hard work, wasn't it? I mean, they had to cover their tracks for almost ten years. That takes effort. When they finally confessed, the US government agreed to only charge them a fine for two-months' revenue because to prosecute them would have resulted in their boardmembers' convictions and the collapse of Europe's largest bank.

You right-wing Conservatives who type on internet messageboards will NEVER be that rich, so why pretend like those people deserve your support? They won't support you. They proved that when they made billions of dollars off of laundering money for terrorist groups who were killing our soldiers.

You sure do like to broad brush a lot.
Sadly, I doubt you even recognize it.

I really don't understand most of your drivel in this rant of yours which doesn't deserve a response. Just too much emotion from you.

How the fuck did you get "I don't think poor people are worth a damn" from anything that I wrote? Do you know what would happen to minimum wage workers if there wasn't a minimum wage? They would be paid even less so that corporations could make even more profit.

Anytime you think someone should settle for minimum wage you express the idea they couldn't do any better.
Now go on and act a bigger fool and keep expressing the idea that everyone working for a corporation makes minimum wage.

I really don't understand most of your drivel in this rant of yours which doesn't deserve a response. Just too much emotion from you.
Let me simplify it for you:

The 1% are fucking you just like they're fucking all the poor people that you hate, and you are blaming poor people because your ass hurts.

The 1% are fucking you just like they're fucking all the poor people that you hate, and you are blaming poor people because your ass hurts.

Always choose the red pill.

Anytime you think someone should settle for minimum wage you express the idea they couldn't do any better.
Now go on and act a bigger fool and keep expressing the idea that everyone working for a corporation makes minimum wage.

Minimum wage just means that if they could pay us less, they would. And is a fact that America's largest employer, Wal-Mart, has more than half of their workers at less than full time. It isn't "class warfare" to ask why Wal-Mart can't pay higher wages across the country when the corporation boasts record-breaking billion-dollar profits every quarter. It is class warfare, however, to tell poor people that they need to make better decisions if they can't get by on $7.25/hr.
Wal-Mart Poised for Henry Ford Moment Amid Minimum Wage Debate - Bloomberg

Last edited:

Son, you must have me confused with someone else. My ass isn't hurting and no 1%er is fucking me over. I worked saved and invested....now living comfortably

Minimum wage just means that if they could pay us less, they would. And is a fact that America's largest employer, Wal-Mart, has more than half of their workers at less than full time. It isn't "class warfare" to ask why Wal-Mart can't pay higher wages across the country when the corporation boasts record-breaking billion-dollar profits every quarter. It is class warfare, however, to tell poor people that they need to make better decisions if they can't get by on $7.25/hr.

You are still talking about minimum wage ... Which is the minimum ... Which is the bottom.
I didn't say Wal-Mart could or couldn't pay more ... I said you are doing people a disservice trying to express that minimum wage is a worthwhile endeavor.
It isn't a goal to shoot for ... And if people accept the minimum ... Well, that is what they get.

You aren't doing anyone any favors ... You are creating an endless cycle of failure.
The fact you included yourself in the minimum wage group (you did say "us") ... Explains a lot about your passion in the matter.
Wake up fool ... You have got to find something better if you ever want to succeed ... Period.

Son, you must have me confused with someone else. My ass isn't hurting and no 1%er is fucking me over. I worked saved and invested....now living comfortably
As comfortable as you think that you are, you are entirely expendable to the upper class, just like every poor person that you despise. Since they see you as the same expendable shit as the rest of society, what is it that makes you defend the wealthy elite when they would never defend you? Your entire life savings, however much it is, is worth about as much as a pile of used toilet paper to the real owners of this country. They don't care about you. They're using you and people like you to protect themselves from the 99%, and as long as "you have yours", you're okay with that.

You are still talking about minimum wage ... Which is the minimum ... Which is the bottom.
I didn't say Wal-Mart could or couldn't pay more ... I said you are doing people a disservice trying to express that minimum wage is a worthwhile endeavor.
It isn't a goal to shoot for ... And if people accept the minimum ... Well, that is what they get.

You aren't doing anyone any favors ... You are creating an endless cycle of failure.
The fact you included yourself in the minimum wage group (you did say "us") ... Explains a lot about your passion in the matter.
Wake up fool ... You have got to find something better if you ever want to succeed ... Period.

You have a better suggestion? Job creators have created all of the jobs in China. Where are people supposed to work? JPMorganChase? The NSA? Join the army and go fight some war somewhere for some reason that keeps changing? Where are people supposed to work?

And please answer this question honestly: what do you think would happen to the minimum wage workers in this country if there wasn't a minimum wage?

You have a better suggestion? Job creators have created all of the jobs in China. Where are people supposed to work? JPMorganChase? The NSA? Join the army and go fight some war somewhere for some reason that keeps changing? Where are people supposed to work?

And please answer this question honestly: what do you think would happen to the minimum wage workers in this country if there wasn't a minimum wage?

There are jobs that pay more than minimum wage everywhere.
Look in the newspaper, online job sites ... If you need training for free go to your state's applicable Workforce Initiative website.

But see ... There you go again ... I don't think anyone should be satisfied with minimum wage ... No Matter What The Minimum May Be.
I have posted that repeatedly ... And couldn't be any more honest about it ... You will continue to be at the bottom of the barrel if you are making minimum wage.

It doesn't surprise me that you are making minimum wage ... It is beginning to look like you are lucky making that.

The very idea that anyone can get really wealthy is retarded. Practically anyone can work themselves into an early grave to pay debts on houses and cars though, I think many conservatives equate borrowing power to wealth. What of those who do not like the idea of massive debt? In our society it seems an unwillingness to take on long-term debt is seen as laziness for some reason.

Define wealthy.

And I have never had a car loan, or carried credit card debt past one billing cycle.

Anyone can retire a millionaire it's quite simple.

Save 200 a month from age 18 to age 68 and earn a fairly conservative 8% and retire with 1.5 million. Now imagine what that would be if you saved the max allowable for a Roth IRA 458 a month for the same time at the same return (3.6 million)

Now safely invest that 1.5million (or 3.6 million) at 5% and withdraw 60K a year and you will never run out of money before you croak and have millions left over to leave to your family.

One person can create a legacy of wealth in his lifetime for his family for 200 a month.

A fairly conservative 8%? Where are you getting that amount from? A lot of people that had put money away in 401's were getting way less than 8% and still lost the bulk of their retirements. Then those that lost their jobs, had to withdraw what was left, paying the penalties of course if they were under 59 1/2, just to get by.

If it's so easy to become rich then why didn't any of you Conservatives bother to do it?

Or are we all to believe that you Republican Conservatives invested wisely and saved millions of dollars and now that your lives are fulfilled, you don't have anything else to do but sit around all day on a public internet messageboard?

No one ever said it was easy to become rich. However, it is very possible if one is hard working and reasonably smart with their money. I started late in life, never worked at it that hard, and never got rich, but I did raise four kids, and retired comfortably at 55, with no debts, and enough cash flow to cover all of my needs and most of my wants. If I can do it, just about anyone can do it.

As a young man, I spent about half my income on wine, women, and song, and wasted the rest. Then, I learned that money is nothing more than another product that can be bought, sold, and leveraged. I cashed in a life insurance policy for $1300 and began investing in real estate. Within two years, I had title to four homes (with mortgages) and was building equity. Maintaining those four homes, while working a full time job, meant that I was not watching much TV, but I was watching my capital grow.

If I had continued to work and invest for another ten years, I most certainly would have gotten rich, but I had other interests, and sufficient income to follow those interests. I made choices that fit me. Anyone can do the same.

As comfortable as you think that you are, you are entirely expendable to the upper class, just like every poor person that you despise. Since they see you as the same expendable shit as the rest of society, what is it that makes you defend the wealthy elite when they would never defend you? Your entire life savings, however much it is, is worth about as much as a pile of used toilet paper to the real owners of this country. They don't care about you. They're using you and people like you to protect themselves from the 99%, and as long as "you have yours", you're okay with that.

Son, I don't point fingers at others and blame them for any shortcoming I may have. I really could care less about the elite. Their wealth did't take away from my wealth. If I wanted to make more money I could have.

You might want to show some maturity instead of your sulking about how others have more than you. Quit your whining and try harder in life, or you will never make it.

Having said that, I'm done with you. Have a good evening.

They can take out student loans at loan shark rates. After spending years at night school and being a couple hundred thousand in debt, they can hope the job they trained for isn't outsourced, insourced, offshored, or roboticized.

I keep reading about how there is this 1% and how much they have and how much more they are amassing and so on and so forth, but what is stopping anyone in America from joining them? Anyone can invest in the stock market or trade bonds, free education is available to every child and anyone can go to college thanks to student loans and scholarships. The sky is the limit here, so how much of the class divide is really class warfare and how much is people not using the opportunities they have or making poor choices?

Lets face it it's always easier to just take from other's than try to earn it yourself.

Forum List

Back