🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

On Leaks

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
No boss likes whistleblowers, and no president likes leakers. The public likes them because there's never been a presidential administration that's been transparent and forthright enough that leaks were of no use in getting information disclosed to taxpayers. And let's be honest...nobody gives a damn how the linked information makes its way before the public eye. People want to know what's going on. Thus, the only reason Trumpkins care about leakers now is that their guy's (and his team) behavior is the subject of the leak and he's (his team) the one whose shadiness is being brought forth.

As members of the U.S. electorate, we all want to know what acts our elected and appointed officials perform. We have a right to know that, most especially when they say they did/did not do "X" and in fact they did "X." Whatever statement public officials make about what they did, no matter how nuanced, they are necessarily either truthful, accurate statements, or they are not.

Regarding the matter of it being leaked that Trump team members had multiple conversations with Russian officials, the fact of the matter is that Trump and his team repeatedly stated that nobody on the Trump team, prior to the inauguration, discussed the sanctions the U.S. levied on Russia. Well, now we are finding out that attestation was a complete lie. We have yet to find out the details of those conversations.

One might remark that the conversations could be about classified information. Well, if that's the case, individuals who were not U.S. government employees should not have been discussing them with Russians. Moreover, insofar as neither Trump nor his team was in office at the time, discussions they had with Russians about U.S. policy were in violation of the Logan Act.

The notion that the leakers are the problem is a specious red-herring; it's just a "shiny object." What have the "Russia-gate" leakers disclosed? Only that prior to Trump's inauguration, members of his team had multiple conversations with Russians and that Trump and Obama were informed of as much.

As for "Russia-gate," it has multiple components:
Given Trump's track record of lying with abandon (see also: Donald Trump's file) and about pretty much anything, you, I and household pets know damn well that we aren't going to get honest answers from Trump. The American people deserve to know the truth, so if not by leakers, from where is the information going to come?

Last edited:
Agreed, absolutely. And look, this is in no way unique to Don. This power structure is no different than any other with regard to subjugating its citizenry.

I'm chuckling that media types this a.m. were blaming "Obama holdovers" for all the leaks, apparently forgetting that less than two months ago, Trump was engaged in a protracted, full blown attack against the NSA, FBI, CIA and whoever else, questioning their accuracy about Russia's hacking into the DNC, bringing up their intelligence failure in Iraq, etc.
National security agencies are pissed, folks. This is not about Obama, imo. It's a little bat back at Trump for being so .... Trump like.
But I agree with both gentlemen above that without leaks, we the public would not know much. In this case, I'm not sure we needed to know. Really, I mean that. In the end, I think it's not going to amount to a hill of beans.

Last edited:
I love leaks against the government. Like the Flynn deal, glad it happened. Seems illegal as shit, but whatever. Guess it probably all is..
I do, however, have a problem when people are doing it strictly for social/political reasons. Like how a soldier from the yemen raid said it was like they were waiting for us, or something to that effect. You cant fucking do that.. Im not saying that's what happened, but it certainly looks like it.

I do, however, have a problem when people [leak details] strictly for social/political reasons. Like how a soldier from the yemen raid said it was like they were waiting for us, or something to that effect. You cant fucking do that.. Im not saying that's what happened, but it certainly looks like it.

The guy, apparently, was a team member on the raid. That gives him ample basis for sharing that it seemed as though the enemies awaited the soldiers' arrival. His is, after all, a first person account made by someone in a position to know what "it was like" as the raid occurred. What his statement (as summarized by you) looks like is merely an observation, and a credible one at that.

Forum List

Back