On "Mandatory Evacuations".....

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?

My view? Obey the Law. Get out those who are willing to leave FIRST if they aren't mobile; then the kids of EVERYONE who is staying put. Then round up the recalcitrants until it is no longer safe to do so. Being stupid should not be a death sentence.

Greg
Darwin's Law.
Simple as that.

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
Now that the storm has made its landfall, we have the opportunity to look back at the hype surrounding the “impending” event, and the reality of the event itself. Like has happened so many times before; it turns out that this storm failed to live up to the “doomsday” level of damage many were predicting. Having lived in Florida for 14 years I’ve seen this scenario play out countless times before. As such I quickly learned that the majority of the time, the “expert predictions” are wrong, and grossly over inflated. Additionally living in an area that is prone to hurricanes; it is infinitely easier to prepare well in advance of a storm, for the problems presented by a medium, to worst case scenario. All the neccesary precautions can be taken, and put in place well in advance of “hurricane season”. As a responsible adult one has no excuse to be scrambling for resources, and to be frantically implementing safety measures mere days before the storm is upon you. More often than not one puts their families under greater stress, both financially, and emotionally trying to beat a hasty retreat; than they otherwise would from making a prudent plan of action, and properly equipping themselves for dealing with the inconveniences that such storms bring.
YUP.......they Hype up every one of them............and predictions end up being wrong all the time.......

I remember Katrina......it's gonna hit Florida panhandle........nope....Alabama........nope Miss.........nope Louisiana..........well maybe Texas...........yeah yeah.......Louisiana ..........

The neighbors who fled.......decided to head west..........bad Idea.......they should have went North......and ended up getting caught in the dang thing while heading west which is where the storm went..............

We rode it out here as it passed right on by to Louisiana.............glad we didn't leave.......so you can get stuck out there with no place to stay because they are all booked up...........no gas...........and blocked from getting back home

However.

What say you?
Now that the storm has made its landfall, we have the opportunity to look back at the hype surrounding the “impending” event, and the reality of the event itself. Like has happened so many times before; it turns out that this storm failed to live up to the “doomsday” level of damage many were predicting. Having lived in Florida for 14 years I’ve seen this scenario play out countless times before. As such I quickly learned that the majority of the time, the “expert predictions” are wrong, and grossly over inflated. Additionally living in an area that is prone to hurricanes; it is infinitely easier to prepare well in advance of a storm, for the problems presented by a medium, to worst case scenario. All the neccesary precautions can be taken, and put in place well in advance of “hurricane season”. As a responsible adult one has no excuse to be scrambling for resources, and to be frantically implementing safety measures mere days before the storm is upon you. More often than not one puts their families under greater stress, both financially, and emotionally trying to beat a hasty retreat; than they otherwise would from making a prudent plan of action, and properly equipping themselves for dealing with the inconveniences that such storms bring.
YUP.......they Hype up every one of them............and predictions end up being wrong all the time.......

I remember Katrina......it's gonna hit Florida panhandle........nope....Alabama........nope Miss.........nope Louisiana..........well maybe Texas...........yeah yeah.......Louisiana ..........

The neighbors who fled.......decided to head west..........bad Idea.......they should have went North......and ended up getting caught in the dang thing while heading west which is where the storm went..............

We rode it out here as it passed right on by to Louisiana.............glad we didn't leave.......so you can get stuck out there with no place to stay because they are all booked up...........no gas...........and blocked from getting back home
So true. Getting out, if one chooses to do so often isn’t the most stressful part. Getting back home can be an absolute nightmare.

No one has explained where the people from P.R. are supposed to live. No one has explained why money was stolen from FEMA and the Coast Guard and given to ICE to set up detention camps. You all do understand that the people from P.R., men, women, children, will be homeless, right?

Puerto Rican devastation could mean more Florida voters

SAN JUAN — As Puerto Rico slips deeper into what many call a humanitarian crisis following Hurricane Maria, the island is primed for a mass exodus of what could be 1 million people — a sizable number of whom are expected to settle in Florida, the nation's biggest swing state.

Why they moved to the continental United States.
captain%2Bobvious.jpg

SAN JUAN — As Puerto Rico slips deeper into what many call a humanitarian crisis following Hurricane Maria, the island is primed for a mass exodus of what could be 1 million people — a sizable number of whom are expected to settle in Florida, the nation's biggest swing state.

captain%2Bobvious.jpg
Yet more forced population migration. A staple Leftist Democrat strategy. If they can’t get a population to vote them into power... They simply import a population that will. Firing squads are the answer...

captain%2Bobvious.jpg
Yet more forced population migration. A staple Leftist Democrat strategy. If they can’t get a population to vote them into power... They simply import a population that will. Firing squads are the answer...
That has always been a strategy of the left...........and the transportation was mainly provided by tax payers.......

Given that Puerto Rico is a province of the United States they can come any time they want........and for a very long time they stayed in Hotels via the Tax payer..........

Every time Puerto Rico votes to become a State in elections they shoot it down..........Because they get the benefits of being part of the United States without having to help pay for it.

If they weren't part of the United States territories............they'd be a another third world Island in the region............I have nothing against the people.............but they didn't prepare properly for these events.......and didn't stock pile enough supplies and materials for an incident that would hit sooner or later. Not only that they have had low rates on electricity for 3 decades and didn't pony up to protect the grid or prepare for a rainy day.

Another interesting fact on P.R. .........they had so many squatters on Gov't land............NO DEEDS.......which caused major problems with FEMA help. They applied for aid but had no DEEDS to the homes and land............Because they were allowed to build and squat on land that was owned by the Gov't...........why didn't the gov't. of Puerto Rico ignore this problem for decades...............strange policies isn't it.................

However.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

Amazing how stupid wingnuts have become.
--------------------------------------------- they are nothing more then volunteer 'public employees , public Servants paid by taxpayers and everyone of them begged for their taxpayer paid jobs . That being said , none of them should put their lives in danger rescuing ME Jillian .
i worked in the govt and dont know anyone who begged for the job....they went down and took the CST like everyone else....did the far right put that idea in your head Pismo?....

unemployed, uneducated trumpkins never had a real job so don't know how they're gotten or how one keeps them or how hard one works when you have them. but he and his little braindead trumpkin friends keep saying the same garbage over and over.... and over and over. no matter how bizarre they sound to normal people

that's why they're stupid little trumpkins
i dont know how it is in the other agencies,but in the PO you have to pass the CST no matter who you know...

There is a test for the post office but it is NOT a civil service test. I took it a few months back.

It also means that emergency officials will not respond to emergency calls in mandatory evacuation areas.

Is this for me? Because that might be what it is in TEXTBOOKS, but in the real world, like already in New Bern, First Responders are putting their lives at risk for people who were under mandatory evacuations and ignored them.

Oh and jillian, they look to be mostly Black. Could they all be Black Trump supporters? I guess. But not likely.

No they are not. The weather is much better. IMHO those who stayed behind deserve to wait a few days of their discomfort for being stupid.

Last edited:
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

Amazing how stupid wingnuts have become.
--------------------------------------------- they are nothing more then volunteer 'public employees , public Servants paid by taxpayers and everyone of them begged for their taxpayer paid jobs . That being said , none of them should put their lives in danger rescuing ME Jillian .
i worked in the govt and dont know anyone who begged for the job....they went down and took the CST like everyone else....did the far right put that idea in your head Pismo?....

unemployed, uneducated trumpkins never had a real job so don't know how they're gotten or how one keeps them or how hard one works when you have them. but he and his little braindead trumpkin friends keep saying the same garbage over and over.... and over and over. no matter how bizarre they sound to normal people

i dont know how it is in the other agencies,but in the PO you have to pass the CST no matter who you know...

There is a test for the post office but it is NOT a civil service test. I took it a few months back.
then they changed it.....when i took it in 78 it took about 2-3 hours to do....

However.

What say you?

I can agree with all of this, and have no problem with it. A pound of prevention and all that. But again, if you elect not to evacuate, then you take the responsibility of your own rescue on yourself. Because obviously in a rescue situation the situation is so dire your life is at risk and, in order to rescue you, you're putting a first responder's life a risk. That's unfair when you knew the danger was coming well in advance.

However.

What say you?

Forecasters need to be a LOT more honest on how accurate these "tracks" and "categories" really are. They all seemed really sure this was at least a Cat 4 coming in. Sure, maybe they don't give caveats for fear that people won't evacuate, but then that shoots you in the foot for the NEXT storm. Because as this thread demonstrates, people then remember that you assured at Cat 4 when it was Cat 1.

However.

What say you?

I can agree with all of this, and have no problem with it. A pound of prevention and all that. But again, if you elect not to evacuate, then you take the responsibility of your own rescue on yourself. Because obviously in a rescue situation the situation is so dire your life is at risk and, in order to rescue you, you're putting a first responder's life a risk. That's unfair when you knew the danger was coming well in advance.
I can agree with that. But I also concede that any would be rescuer is also mitigating his own risks, by trying to render aid.

However.

What say you?

First of, if evacuation is "mandatory" and you are required to leave, why do we need rescuers?

Second, why government have power to even order you to leave your home?

Yeah, why would anyone think that nothing had changed in 40 years? Dumbass!

Yeah, why would anyone think that nothing had changed in 40 years? Dumbass!
because its the Post Office dumbass.....and if you took it and passed it,they must have dumbed it down....

You know they lie about everything, right?

Considering how many people have been stranded or needed rescue, this storm should convince a lot of people in the future to leave when they are ordered to evacuate. It may save a lot of lives in the long run.

You know they lie about everything, right?
well the so called Admiral says it isnt a Civil Service Exam....when i asked on my PO's site they said all the PO did was change its name to the 473 Postal Exam and cut its length down some...they changed its name because in 1983 they changed over from The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) to the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS).....the people who were hired before 83 were the last CSR Employees,after that they were FERS....so they changed the name of their "civil service" exam to reflect that change....they no longer have 1 civil service exam for all federal agencies,now each agency has their own exam to fit their particular needs....but in all respects its still a Civil Service Exam that you have to take and pass with a certain percentage....

Forum List

Back