On the lighter side... Ohio House speaker cuts off opening prayer

Once again, advocating for anti-religious freedom. That's a violation of the Constitution.

The Ohio State House --- or any state government assembly---- or any government assembly on any level ---- is not a religious operation.

Unless of course you live in a theocracy.

Go ahead.... prove me wrong.
You can't deny the expression of religious beliefs in a place of the people. It's protected by the constituion.

You failed.
Maybe in your unconstitutional fantasy land.

Care to try again?

Show us where in your constituion religion is state business.

That IS what that body is there for.
Tell a muslim to not lead a prayer in a state house. You are an anti-American opponent of liberty.

If you were the speaker what would you have done? Seems to me 2 minutes is enough.

2 minutes is exactly 2 minutes too much. Cut the pretentious bullshit and get on with the state business already.
Once again, advocating for anti-religious freedom. That's a violation of the Constitution.
Once again, exhibiting ignorance of the law and propagating a lie – no one is seeking to deny anyone his religious freedom, and advocating that a legislative body not begin a session with a prayer is not 'un-Constitutional.'
But at is exactly what is being argued, you intellectually inferior troll.

You can't deny the expression of religious beliefs in a place of the people. It's protected by the constituion.

You failed.

Care to try again?

No you show us where in the Constitution one is barred from opening a session on a prayer.

Nope. My question came first. And I already know it has no answer.

There isn't any question of anything "barred". It's a question of what the assembly's business is. And that would be the affairs of the state. Not the affairs of the church.
Your "question" is ignorant and you claimed it was unconstitutional to pray. Be specific provide us the passage in the Constitution that makes it illegal or Unconstitutional.

You failed.

Care to try again?

No you show us where in the Constitution one is barred from opening a session on a prayer.

Nope. My question came first. And I already know it has no answer.

There isn't any question of anything "barred". It's a question of what the assembly's business is. And that would be the affairs of the state. Not the affairs of the church.
Your "question" is ignorant and you claimed it was unconstitutional to pray. Be specific provide us the passage in the Constitution that makes it illegal or Unconstitutional.

BULLSHIT. I said no such thing. Quote it.

The Ohio State House --- or any state government assembly---- or any government assembly on any level ---- is not a religious operation.

You failed.

Care to try again?

Tell a muslim to not lead a prayer in a state house. You are an anti-American opponent of liberty.

Show us where the Ohio House --- or any legislative assembly in any state anywhere -- is charged with murmuring religious diatribes.

That's what I just asked you. You failed.

If you were the speaker what would you have done? Seems to me 2 minutes is enough.

2 minutes is exactly 2 minutes too much. Cut the pretentious bullshit and get on with the state business already.

In 1649 Congress paid for and printed 100,000 copies of the Bible and distributed them to civilians of the day. This was done because this country was founded on a belief in God and Congress knew without faith, freedom and liberty isn't likely. The Puritans, who escaped European tyrany rule because of their Christain beliefs, wanted to ensure their lives in this new land would incorporate God's blessing and that must be focused on Godly living.

Congress didn't even exist in 1649.

And no, this country was founded, over a century later, not at all on a "belief in god" but on a belief in The People. That's why it begins with the words "We the People". And that was in stark and direct opposition to the First and Second Estates, which had ruled the day up until then.

And that First Estate would be... the Church.

In 1649 Congress paid for and printed 100,000 copies of the Bible and distributed them to civilians of the day. This was done because this country was founded on a belief in God and Congress knew without faith, freedom and liberty isn't likely. The Puritans, who escaped European tyrany rule because of their Christain beliefs, wanted to ensure their lives in this new land would incorporate God's blessing and that must be focused on Godly living.

And no, this country was founded, over a century later, not at all on a "belief in god" but on a belief in The People. That's why it begins with the words "We the People". And that was in stark and direct opposition to the First and Second Estates, which had ruled the day up until then.

Un huh, when do you think the pilgrims landed here? Maybe around 1492? So, about 150 years later Congress was established. Look it up! Or, remain uninformed, makes no difference to me.

Un huh, when do you think the pilgrims landed here? Maybe around 1492? So, about 150 years later Congress was established. Look it up! Or, remain uninformed, makes no difference to me.

I don't need to.
Congress was established by the Constitution. And that's at the end of the 18th century.

And no, no pilgrims landed here in 1492. Nobody did.

You failed.

Care to try again?

So how long into the legislative session do you think that prayer should last? Five minutes, 10, 60, the entire session? I'm sure you wouldn't mind the legislature holding its sessions in this mediocre preacher's church.

You failed.
no actually you failed.
Its obvious that you dont know why that clause was put in there in the first place, and if you did know that you would have a better understanding why it is not unconstitutional to have a prayer in a public place. But, since you fail to have any knowledge of the reasons that its there, there can be no explaining it to you.
Lets just leave it at, You fail.

You failed.
no actually you failed.
Its obvious that you dont know why that clause was put in there in the first place, and if you did know that you would have a better understanding why it is not unconstitutional to have a prayer in a public place. But, since you fail to have any knowledge of the reasons that its there, there can be no explaining it to you.
Lets just leave it at, You fail.

Once AGAIN for the Illiterati ---- I didn't say it was "unconstitutional". Perhaps in your morning constitutional you shat that out but it isn't my point.

Once AGAIN for the same Illiterati --- what my point actually was... which you do not have the authority to change to your own preference --- was that the function of the Ohio House is government ---- it is not religion. And that you cannot dispute.

Now tell me again who failed.

Forum List

Back