🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Once Again a Person with a Gun Stopped a Mass Shooter

Minnesota…...this is why armed staff have more advantages than a known resource officer...

Teen made bombs, stockpiled guns in prep for Minnesota school massacre: police

The unhinged teen told cops, after being busted Tuesday, that he planned to shoot his sister, mom and dad with a .22-caliber rifle before he went to a rural field and set a fire to distract cops.

The 11th-grader then said he planned to go to Waseca Junior and Senior High School where he would toss Molotov cocktails and explode pressure-cooker bombs to try and kill “as many students as he could” in the cafeteria during lunchtime.

About 1,000 students, in 7th through 12th grade, attend the school.

LaDue, according to the notebook of his plan, would kill the school resource officer before continuing to kill other students. He was prepared to be gunned down by a SWAT Team, police said.

IS there a point to this post?

yes...it shows the value of unknown, armed staff as a deterrent to a mass shooter....a mass shooter who knew who the armed security officer was and planned to murder him first before attacking the unarmed teachers and students...

How did that work out for him?

Good intelligence caught this kid......but having a security officer who is known to be the security officer is not smart...that is why you wore camouflage as a marine........so the enemy couldn't target you easily...that is why allowing some staff to be armed along with any paid security is the smarter strategy...

When I took my turn guarding the armory in Okinawa I was easily identifiable as the security for the site. When I walked my post we took no measures to hide who we were or why we were there. Me and my 12 gauge were visible for all to see as a deterrent.

And if the bad guys decided to attack, you would have been shot out of your socks first......So...did you wear Neon pink uniforms in the field?

A school shooting with the perfect body count. One. The gunman. Who is killed with an evil gun. Sorry Democrats. And even worse for you, this is going to deter future shooters.

Shooter dead, two injured after shooting at Great Mills High School in Maryland

Democrats of course want honest citizens disarmed because they are the biggest threat to your totalitarian leftist government dream. School shootings are gold. Dead kids to exploit as propaganda to disarm a nation.

:itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok:

There there, lefties. Keep a stiff upper lip

Besides the fact that shooter was neutralized, I've noticed that after 6 hours or so -- NO NAME has been mentioned. Which is good. Because if he was looking for martyrdom -- he's been denied the fame..

Wouldn’t the first question be “where’d the kid get a gun?” Must have been from oneness of those responsible gun owners you preach about all the time .

Azibg how this school shooting doesn’t even phase you gun nuts .

It does phase us...it makes us wonder how long ignorant morons like you are going to keep our schools unprotected by armed staff...

IS there a point to this post?

yes...it shows the value of unknown, armed staff as a deterrent to a mass shooter....a mass shooter who knew who the armed security officer was and planned to murder him first before attacking the unarmed teachers and students...

How did that work out for him?

Good intelligence caught this kid......but having a security officer who is known to be the security officer is not smart...that is why you wore camouflage as a marine........so the enemy couldn't target you easily...that is why allowing some staff to be armed along with any paid security is the smarter strategy...

When I took my turn guarding the armory in Okinawa I was easily identifiable as the security for the site. When I walked my post we took no measures to hide who we were or why we were there. Me and my 12 gauge were visible for all to see as a deterrent.

And if the bad guys decided to attack, you would have been shot out of your socks first......So...did you wear Neon pink uniforms in the field?

In the field we were not a deterrent, but an attacking force. Security in the schools is supposed to be a deterrent first and foremost.

Gator claims to be a libertarian. Isn't that a riot?

I am about 100 miles more to the right than you are. So laugh it up bozo. the truth hurts.

Really? Can you post a link to a single thing you've posted that would be considered right-wing? I never met a libertarian who supported gun control in my entire life.

Sure. Read my views on anti-discrimination laws in this thread and tell me if you are that far "right".

Gay wedding cakes at Muslim bakeries.

Feel free to read my views on abortion in this thread and tell me they are far enough right for you.

Trump is currently addressing the March against Women's Reproductive Rights

I do not support gun control you dumb fuck, I just think that hiring actual security personal is better than arming teachers. I have supported the 2nd Amendment 100% my whole time on this forum. But people like you think that me not wanting to arm teachers in their schools means I am for gun control. Are you really that stupid?

Being against forcing any citizen to bake a cake for another citizen is a no-brainer to any libertarian.

Read the thread dumb fuck, I am against all anti-discrimination laws applied to anyone but the government

It's you not following the thread. I said there's nothing remarkable about this for a libertarian. No libertarians support government controlling citizens

And most libertarians are pro-choice. Government not making our decisions for us is just a foreign concept to you, huh?

Yes I know most are, but I happen to believe that liberty should extend to all human being, no matter how young they are. End the life of a human being pretty much takes away their liberty.

It's not that simple. To be pro-life, you have to believe it's up to government that the baby has a right to hold its mother captive for the balance of nine months.

But I did say there are pro-life libertarians. I'm just saying your post didn't really show anything clear, which is what you claimed

JGalt, post: 19546930
Had the shooter been armed with an AR, don't you think it would have been a good idea for for the resource officer to have had one in the trunk of his car?

No. The officer needs to be in full combat gear and his weapon ready to fire at the first sound if shots fired.

Your point supports the argument to ban the sale of AR-15s and high capacity magazines since resource officers would likely not be next to an AR15 shooter when the first shots are fired. Running to his car to retrieve an an equally rapid fire weapon, the officer would not save anyone for two to five minutes.
Do the math: The "good guy with a gun" stopped the shooting, eliminated the shooter, and established a deterrent.

Gun-free school zones are just begging for problems.

A Police Officer with a handgun stops a bad guy with a handgun.

Yeppers. Good guy with gun, stops bad guy with gun. Pretty much what we've been saying for several years now.

And any school or other building that has posted "No Weapons Allowed" is nothing more than a welcome sign to the criminals.

A school shooting with the perfect body count. One. The gunman. Who is killed with an evil gun. Sorry Democrats. And even worse for you, this is going to deter future shooters.

Democrats of course want honest citizens disarmed because they are the biggest threat to your totalitarian leftist government dream. School shootings are gold. Dead kids to exploit as propaganda to disarm a nation.

What does it take to rid one's self of all dignity, common sense, morality and humanity? Let's go ask Kaz!

Flaming hypocrite
A hypocrite would say that a school shooting as we suffered in Maryland this morning was a 'good day' for Trumpians. I won't sully the good name of Republicans with such a slur. I believe that the few remaining Republicans who are not under the bully's spell of Donald Trump are good, thoughtful people.

I like the hypocrisy of idiot leftists like you who spend all day calling Republicans racists, sexists, homophobes, lovers of corporations and the rich and haters of the poor who suddenly say when you get it back that all you want is people to be reasonable as if you ever do that yourself.

And that I want to protect kids is consistent with my argument.

Your argument we should make guns illegal and trust the government to protect us was disproven several times over in Florida, and you just double down and demand more gun laws and that if we're being shot to call government and wait for them to protect us

Besides the fact that shooter was neutralized, I've noticed that after 6 hours or so -- NO NAME has been mentioned. Which is good. Because if he was looking for martyrdom -- he's been denied the fame..

Wouldn’t the first question be “where’d the kid get a gun?” Must have been from oneness of those responsible gun owners you preach about all the time .

Riiiggghtttttt. No one can buy an illegal gun. I mean if there's one thing a kid who wants to shoot up a school would do for sure is follow the law. Right wheelchair boy?

armed staff work

instead of this gun free zone nonsense

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Busch Stadium is a gun free zone, but there is an extraordinary amount of armed staff. And there has never been a mass shooting there.

How many schools can afford "an extraordinary amount of armed staff" if they aren't teachers?

Let the Dept of Ed pay for it, they are useless right now, they might as well be good for something.

The Feds, yep. You're a big government libertarian ...

6177005.jpg

Dude, you said the Federal government should guard over 25K schools. I said that's a huge big government program. And I missed the point? Seriously?

Riiiggghtttttt. No one can buy an illegal gun. I mean if there's one thing a kid who wants to shoot up a school would do for sure is follow the law. Right wheelchair boy?

Like buying an illegal gun is easy .

This school had an armed resource officer , JUST LIKE IN FLORIDA. This guy actually did the job . But don’t act as if this wasn’t a gun free zone .

Wouldn't it be cool if it wasn't so easy for nutters to obtain the means to shoot up schools...maybe then the 'arming teachers/security guards' debate wouldn't even be needed?

Like buying an illegal gun is easy .

This school had an armed resource officer , JUST LIKE IN FLORIDA. This guy actually did the job . But don’t act as if this wasn’t a gun free zone .

Which is why I'm pointing out that a gun stopped him and we need more good guys with guns ...

And you can't buy drugs because they are illegal, right, Timmy?

Make guns illegal and all you do is fund organized crime like alcohol did in prohibition and drugs do today.

You realize drug dealers want drugs to be illegal, right?

To be pro-life, you have to believe it's up to government that the baby has a right to hold its mother captive for the balance of nine months
^^^
THIS nonsense is why I grew up and abandoned libertarianism.

Well, if you read the discussion, I said that abortion is an issue that genuine libertarians disagree on. There are more pro-choice libertarians, but I know a few pro-life ones.

And seriously, because of abortion, you decided you're good with government confiscating and redistributing money, being our moral consciences and engaging in endless overseas wars? That's a pretty narrow minded choice

If teachers are allowed to carry, then a school can have a dozen armed people defending the school. One is likely to be very near any shooting that occurs. Security gaurds are expensive. They probably cost at least $100K/yr each. You could pay 10 teachers to carry concealed and offer them $10K/yr each to get trained and stay trained for the same cost. Which is better, one person armed or 10 people armed?

What kind of training are we talking about?

When will it take place?

Who will pay for it?

How often will they be required to "retrain"?

states have their own

this is our program

which has been very successful

classes booked

South Dakota Attorney General

Thank you for the post, that looks like a pretty good program.

Is there a requirement for ongoing training, I did not see that in the link.

out here they are good for five years

Thanks for the info and the link
you are welcome

To be pro-life, you have to believe it's up to government that the baby has a right to hold its mother captive for the balance of nine months
^^^

Well, if you read the discussion, I said that abortion is an issue that genuine libertarians disagree on. There are more pro-choice libertarians, but I know a few pro-life ones.

And seriously, because of abortion, you decided you're good with government confiscating and redistributing money, being our moral consciences and engaging in endless overseas wars? That's a pretty narrow minded choice
Infanticide, open borders, prostitution and drug legalization are a few more anarchist/libertarian beliefs that caused me to leave that in favor of the more moderate beliefs of the Founders.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Busch Stadium is a gun free zone, but there is an extraordinary amount of armed staff. And there has never been a mass shooting there.

How many schools can afford "an extraordinary amount of armed staff" if they aren't teachers?

Let the Dept of Ed pay for it, they are useless right now, they might as well be good for something.

6177005.jpg

Dude, you said the Federal government should guard over 25K schools. I said that's a huge big government program. And I missed the point? Seriously?

The point was it was a joke about the Dept of Ed being useless.

But getting humor requires an IQ higher than that of a head of cabbage, so you are just screwed

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

^^^

Infanticide, open borders, prostitution and drug legalization are a few more anarchist/libertarian beliefs that caused me to leave that in favor of the more moderate beliefs of the Founders.

Again, "infanticide" is not a libertarian/non-libertarian issue

Open borders I totally agree with you on. But again, it's not a libertarian/non-libertarian issue, there are lots of us on both sides.

If you support government owning our bodies though (prostitution and drug legalization) and want to keep funding organized crime and turning our inner cities into shooting galleries, then you're right. You're not a libertarian

6177005.jpg

The point was it was a joke about the Dept of Ed being useless.

But getting humor requires an IQ higher than that of a head of cabbage, so you are just screwed

If you had any libertarian feelings at all, proposing a massive government program even as a "joke" would have occurred to you

No...we are really happy he didn't use a rental truck......

A rental truck would have been stupid to use in this case. An AR-15, designed for attacking people, would have been perfect. So thank goodness he didn't use one.

Your lack of knowledge about firearms is showing. The AR-15 rifle was not designed for "attacking people", nor is it an "assault rifle".

It is a defensive weapon and aside from using it for hunting or sport shooting, the majority of them are being used to defend people's lives, their families' lives, and their property..

You're confusing the benevolent AR-15 with true military assault rifles which are designed for attacking people. Those are full-auto or three-round burst, can fire up to 800 rounds per minute, have 200-round magazines, and sometimes have 40mm grenade launchers attached to them.

m249-squad-automatic-weapon-007.jpg

Your saying that you said "shot" and I took being shot as "dead" is something you believe is unmatched dishonesty on the board? You're not to be believed. Literally

Well since you and I both know that I was speaking of the kids the OP is about, yes. This whole thread was celebrating two kids getting shot so you could have an excuse to make some fucked up political point on a internet forum.

Wrong.......I used to wait out of respect for the dead and injured, as an act of respect.....only to watch the anti gun assholes drag the bodies through the still drying blood to get them in front of the cameras to get their anti gun propaganda out as fast as possible....

I used to wait.....and the anti gunners pushed their gun control agenda standing on the piles of bodies...

So....no more......I won't wait when the anti gunners have no sense of decency or honor.....this is a fight for our freedom and our Rights......they never stop...for anything.

Do you became just like those you rail against....what does that make you?

What guns do you own, and what caliber are they? Name 3 if you have that many. Quick! No Googling. 3 minute limit or you're a lying sack of shit.

My poor, deluded little child. I am not here to jump at your command, I post when I wish to post, not when some weekend warrior tells me to.

And you are even more deluded if you think I am going to list my weapons on an open internet forum.

But, I am willing to give you a chance...

After you get the Marine Corps to certify you as an instructor on all their automatic weapons for the infantry ,then come back and we can talk.

Okay, what gun is pictured here? Let's see if you're full of shit or not. Is that an AR-15 variant? :eek:

m249-squad-automatic-weapon-007.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back