One mother complains and annual Kindergarten trip to see Santa cancelled

Visiting Santa, sitting on his lap, and asking him for presents is a family activity, not a school activity. I don't agree with the woman that this is wrong because it promotes Christianity. It doesn't. Santa isn't Christianity. But she's right for the wrong reasons. Having kids ask "Santa" for presents is not an appropriate,school activity.

In this case, it has been a tradition for this schools Kindergarten going back about 10 years, and it's the sort of thing that is all part of traditional American society.
a 10 year tradition? how will they ever survive without it?

They'll survive just fine, but it's unfortunate this asshole woman ruined what was something the little kids were probably looking forward to.
The parents' job....another one that a public school has to pick up apparently. So you support lazy parents.

What a load of crap.

This was a nice little thing the school did for the kids. And some lib bitch had to ruin it.

The parents job? Like you give a fuck about that.
It's a load of crap that it's the parents' job to decide to and take their kids to see Santa? Let me guess....you are one of those parents who have kids but want the schools to do everything else in raising them.

Ahhhhhh, the fake 'war on christmas' continues to be hyped.

70% of the population is self described as 'christian' so apparently Americans wage war on themselves once a year at this time.

You know, the time when Jesus speaks of peace on Earth.

One lib complained and the spineless School administrators cancelled the trip for a classroom full of children.

This isn't American Christians waging war of themselves, this is Godless Liberals waging war on their fellow Citizens.
"Godless Liberals"? So the Jewish mom was a "godless liberal"?

Almost certainly.
Another one who believes that the Jewish faith doesn't count.

Not what I said.

IMO, she is probably a secular Jew, in that she embraces the culture, and the excuse to be a "traditionally disadvantaged minority" but not the Jewish FAITH.

She has certainly internalized the mindset of American "liberals".

Not being a part of something doesn't mean anyone is not equal.
In that setting, it absolutely does. It's the same has having a work Christmas party during the workday, but not including the Jews and the Muslims.

No, it doesn't.

If Diversity and Multiculturalism have ANY hope of being ANYTHING but Hell, then people have to accept that other people will being practicing cultural activities and beliefs that are NOT shared by them.

Because otherwise, it's going to be Hell.

I've never seen an office Christimas "party" where Jews or Muslims did not have the opportunity to participate or not.
To deal with multiple cultures you need to teach them and then keep the schools (and government) neutral, and secular.

In that setting, it absolutely does. It's the same has having a work Christmas party during the workday, but not including the Jews and the Muslims.

No, it doesn't.

If Diversity and Multiculturalism have ANY hope of being ANYTHING but Hell, then people have to accept that other people will being practicing cultural activities and beliefs that are NOT shared by them.

I've never seen an office Christimas "party" where Jews or Muslims did not have the opportunity to participate or not.
To deal with multiple cultures you need to teach them and then keep the schools (and government) neutral, and secular.

And ruining the trip for everyone who wanted to go did the exact opposite of that.

The school and the government took the side of the poor oppressed minority against everyone else.

No, it doesn't.

And ruining the trip for everyone who wanted to go did the exact opposite of that.

The school and the government took the side of the poor oppressed minority against everyone else.
No, they took the side of Neutrality. Visiting Santa during the school day is nothing like a religious or even American tradition.

No, it doesn't.

No, they took the side of Neutrality. Visiting Santa during the school day is nothing like a religious or even American tradition.

Really? You don't see any connection between this and generations of Tradition?

That's nonsense.

The government took the side against the children and Santa.

No, it doesn't.

That's nonsense.

No, it stayed neutral. Either include them all, or pass in this case. It's supposed to be fun, not divisive.

And just look at that, they all had a nice time at a party that included them all. Life can resume, even for you.

No, it doesn't.

That's nonsense.

No, it stayed neutral. Either include them all, or pass in this case. It's supposed to be fun, not divisive.

And just look at that, they all had a nice time at a party that included them all. Life can resume, even for you.

It was fun, and the jewish kid was welcome to come for the Incredibly Secularized and Commercialized Santa Claus Day.

It became divisive when the one lib threw a hissy fit and the used her Victim Status to get the Government to shut it all down against the wishes of nearly everyone else.

IMO, this is why most American Jews continue to be Liberal and vote Democrat....because as soon as they don't "go along" with the "christian" majority, those "christians" turn on them asap.

No its because they are mainly atheist, and like SSM, gay and lesbian rights, abortion on demand, and Christians are anti all of that. They have a country now they can go and live as liberal unmoral life's as they choose. Its one thing to be ok with SSM, but its another to have it on every comedy show on TV and push it on our society.

You judge Jews as atheists. :lol: Says more about you, really.

What's worse? The idiot that complained instead of keeping her brat at home, or the school that folded for her?

My vote is the school. They should have told her to stick her complaint up her twat. And meant it.
What a nice attitude you have, you must be a Christian.

Where is your concern for the children who that has their little field trip ruined?
Where is our concern for the poor parents who are expected now to take their own kids to see Santa.....Oh the HUMANITY!!!!

Apparently to DD, the only good Jew is one that lives far away in Israel and can be used as a tool by the GOP.

Cry me a river will you please ?!
Jews are WAY over represented in this country when it comes to how everything is ran.
They virtually run our monetary system, and all of Wall Street, as well as Hollywood and our entire media structure.
You would make a damn good Nazi.

Lol !
The truth hurts doesn't it ?
I don't want anyone hurt, I'm just not going to get upset if an American Jewish woman gets her feelings hurt.
Jews are the single most privileged group in this country, they'll be just fine even if the majority gets to continue their holiday traditions.
And it continues. Anyone wonder why the average American Jew isn't fooled by the "claims" by RW "christians" that they support them?

Oh no, I see you've been offended. At this point I'm supposed to care.
You seem to think I was offended. :lol: You carry on your anti-semitic bad self.

Cry me a river will you please ?!
Jews are WAY over represented in this country when it comes to how everything is ran.
They virtually run our monetary system, and all of Wall Street, as well as Hollywood and our entire media structure.

Lol !
I don't want anyone hurt, I'm just not going to get upset if an American Jewish woman gets her feelings hurt.
Jews are the single most privileged group in this country, they'll be just fine even if the majority gets to continue their holiday traditions.
And it continues. Anyone wonder why the average American Jew isn't fooled by the "claims" by RW "christians" that they support them?

You seem to think I was offended. :lol: You carry on your anti-semitic bad self.

Pointing out that in the U.S. Jews as a group are very privileged, is somehow anti-semitic !
You so funny ! :biggrin:

I'll never understand why these idiots just don't keep their kids at home rather than fucking things up for everyone
Amen to this. If people do not want to take part in something that goes against their religion, they shouldn't have to and their not taking part shouldn't be held against them in any way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, people should just do what makes sense to them and it be up to the Lord who is right and who is wrong.

SAN JOSE (KPIX 5) — Parents of San Jose school kids confronted a school board Thursday night after a decision to cancel a field trip to seeSanta Claus followed a complaint by a Jewish mother who objected to the school-sponsored outing.

The visit to Santa, along with a ‘Dear Santa’ assignment, was a decade-long tradition at Sartorette Elementary School, part of San Jose’s Cambrian School District.

Last week, the Sartorette staff informed parents the school would suspend the outing to see Santa at a local coffee shop after a Jewish mother, who identified herself only as Talia, complained to the school board that the district was celebrating one religion over others.

“We need to teach about all the holidays,” said Talia. ”We live in a global society.”

Talia said as a result of her complaint and the decision by the school board, other parents began to bully her.

“I had some parents that called me a communist, that said that I didn’t want any holidays in the school.”

Some parents are blaming Talia for ruining Christmas. “It’s really scary how one parent can go and voice her opinion and then everything gets shut down,” said parent Vanessa Howes.

“I think that’s it’s really sad that the school district didn’t ask for other opinions,” said parent Melanie Scott.

Cambrian School District Superintendent Carrie Andrews told reporters outside Thursday night’s school board meeting that what began as a tradition 10 years ago is not necessarily the right thing to do today. “The bigger conversation that needs to be had is really looking at the diversity of our beliefs and our customs and making sure we instill that, and that’s what public schools need to be doing.”

Talia said she is not ruining Christmas for the kids in her child’s school. “No, Santa will be there. I’m not going around to anybody’s homes asking them not to celebrate Christmas. I’m not going to go to anyone’s church or private school, but in a public school we have to design curriculum to fit everybody.”

Parents voiced their opinions to the school board Thursday night, but the board was unable to take any action on the issue because it was not on the agenda. Some parents vowed before the meeting to walk out of school in protest Friday if the decision wasn’t reversed, but not one parent told the board they planned to go through with that threat Thursday night.

San Jose School Cancels Santa Field Trip After Jewish Mother's Complaint

Lol !

Pointing out that in the U.S. Jews as a group are very privileged, is somehow anti-semitic !
You so funny ! :biggrin:
Indeed it is. You carry on, Adolph.

Forum List

Back