Onward marches the Great Pause Global temperature update

Equipment depreciation is a subsidy, but it hardly even figures as a significant component. Yet it seemed to be the only thing YOU wanted to talk about.

Equipment depreciation is a subsidy, but it hardly even figures as a significant component. Yet it seemed to be the only thing YOU wanted to talk about.
Equipment depreciation is not a subsidy. It's part of the equation for calculating income, which equals gross revenue minus expenses.

See, I knew you still didn't understand it. Even tried to give you the benefit of doubt. It's not a subsidy, it's a tax write off...is a charitable donation tax write off a subsidy?

And it is probably a significant component since the energy industry uses a lot of very expensive equipment and infrastructure... the depreciation of value of all that probably adds up to more than the GDP of some 3rd world countries. That might be hyperbole, but still, it adds up to a lot more any of us could hope to win in the lottery.

Cook and Co did the ultimate cherry picking...

clip_image0062.png
You gotta just love denier math where the sum of one group 99.7% plus the other group .5% equals 100.2% and not 100%

f0ed023af7a0d21fd5da18c06eab8db3.jpg

Cook and Co did the ultimate cherry picking...

clip_image0062.png

Legates review, as is clearly stated in this graphic, looked for specific statements and only counted those that made those specific statements. A study that showed both that humans were responsible for all the increase in CO2 since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution (which many studies have shown) and that the majority of the warming experienced in the last 150 years was due to increased atmospheric CO2 and deforestation (which many studies have shown) but FAILED TO STATE that recent global warming was mostly manmade, would not be counted by Legates as supporting the IPCC conclusion. Legates also included papers that expressed no opinion whatsoever regarding the causes of global warming.

IF you like, we can review all 11,944 papers, looking for those that specifically state that recent global warming has NOT been caused by human activity. I am quite certain we can get a better score than Legates claims to have found. Any of you like Billy Bob out there, who think Legates results were in any way meaningful, needs to explain why the obverse result wouldn't be meaningful as well.

Anyone claiming that Legates results have any significance is either someone perfectly willing to state falsehoods or a complete fool.

Last edited:
It isn't a subsidy, it does figure as a significant component or it didn't seem like the only thing about which you wanted to talk? My wife has the same problem with unreferenced pronouns. Thinks everyone knows what she's thinking.

PS: my comment was directed at poster Sakinago, not you.

It isn't a subsidy, it does figure as a significant component or it didn't seem like the only thing about which you wanted to talk? My wife has the same problem with unreferenced pronouns. Thinks everyone knows what she's thinking.

First you say it is a subsidy, then you say it isn't.

You've lost your credibility on that issue.

Warmist claims that global temperatures are soaring is a big fat lie. Satellite data show global temperatures are the same or lower than they were 20 years ago.

http://o.b5z.net/i/u/10152887/f/LMF..._Monthly_Series_November_2014_V1_20141204.pdf

Since October 1996 there has been no global warming at all (Fig. 1). This month’s RSS temperature plot pushes up the period without any global warming from 18 years 1 month to 18 years 2 months (indeed, very nearly 18 years 3 months). Will this devastating chart be displayed anywhere at the Lima conference? Don’t bet on it.

Climate%252520Depot2%252520-%252520Marc%252520Morano%252520-%252520Picasa%252520Web%252520Albums.jpg

Crickets from the Libtards

So, you are claiming that the Russian, Chinese, Korean, EU, and all the scientists from the other nations are in on a grand conspiracy just to fool poor little you. LOL Don't run out of tinfoil for you little hats.

----Quick --- send the scientists more research [emoji383] money [emoji383]

With which they will be required to conduct research. Grant money does not go into their pockets, it pays the bills; the cost of doing research.

I thought you were a retired cop.

How much electricity does an American home use? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
How much electricity does an American home use?
In 2015, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,812 kilowatthours (kWh), an average of 901 kWh per month. Louisiana had the highest annual electricity consumption at 15,435 kWh per residential customer, and Hawaii had the lowest at 6,166 kWh per residential customer.

10,812 kWh/(365*24) = 1.25 kW for the average. Or for Louisiana, it would be
15,435/(365*24) = 1.76 kW
50 kAh would supply a Louisiana home for over 28 hours. Supplying such a home for 14 hours would take half that.

A 14 kWh Tesla Powerwall costs $5,500 and another $1,500 for installation costs. They claim it will power a 2 BR home for 24 hours. The average American home is now almost 2,600 sq feet and over 3 BR, so that might not be saying much. And, you've seen the pictures. The basic Powerwall is roughly 2' x 4' x 6". 4 cubic feet. Not a 2 car garage.

So, you were wrong on every number.
Yes I was a police officer, for 26 years.. I then worked for a communications firm which specialized in off grid power systems for 6 years. I now work for a company that deals with Wind Turbines using my Atmospheric Physics degree. I hold several degrees One a masters and another pending PHD candidate..

As to your numbers, You don't have a damn clue what is needed. Do you have a clue as to what 50kWh is? its 50,000watthour.. DO you know what it would take in 12VDC storage to maintain that level of power draw?

Your posting shit you have no clue about...

Your wife must have the patience of Job. DD&A is the only thing I am discussing right now. DD&A is not a subsidy. DD&A is a tax right off and it is not unique to any one industry and therefore, can in no way be considered a subsidy. Tax credits for specific investments would be a form of subsidy. DD&A is not.

How much electricity does an American home use? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
In 2015, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,812 kilowatthours (kWh), an average of 901 kWh per month. Louisiana had the highest annual electricity consumption at 15,435 kWh per residential customer, and Hawaii had the lowest at 6,166 kWh per residential customer.

50 kAh would supply a Louisiana home for over 28 hours. Supplying such a home for 14 hours would take half that.

A 14 kWh Tesla Powerwall costs $5,500 and another $1,500 for installation costs. They claim it will power a 2 BR home for 24 hours. The average American home is now almost 2,600 sq feet and over 3 BR, so that might not be saying much. And, you've seen the pictures. The basic Powerwall is roughly 2' x 4' x 6". 4 cubic feet. Not a 2 car garage.

Yes I was a police officer, for 26 years.. I then worked for a communications firm which specialized in off grid power systems for 6 years. I now work for a company that deals with Wind Turbines using my Atmospheric Physics degree. I hold several degrees One a masters and another pending PHD candidate..

As to your numbers, You don't have a damn clue what is needed. Do you have a clue as to what 50kWh is? its 50,000watthour.. DO you know what it would take in 12VDC storage to maintain that level of power draw?

Yet you support SSDD's interpretation of basic thermo? Doesn't figure. If you're stupid enough to follow SSDD, you're way too stupid to have earned any of the degrees you mention.

Installations
There are several notable currently installed vanadium batteries:

• A 1 MW, 4 MW·h (14 GJ) UniEnergy Technologies Energy Storage system (Uni.System) owned by Avista Utilities and installed in Pullman Washington in April 2015. The system is used for load shifting, distribution deferral and frequency regulation for Avista Utilities, and for backup power for critical loads at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.[21]
  • A 1.5 MW UPS system in a semiconductor fabrication plant in Japan.
  • A 600 kW, six-hour system, installed by Prudent Energy in Oxnard, California, USA.[22]
  • A 275 kW output balancer in use on a wind power project in the Tomari Wind Hills of Hokkaido.
  • A 200 kW, 800 kW·h (2.9 GJ) output leveler in use at the Huxley Hill Wind Farm on King Island, Tasmania.
  • A 250 kW, 2 MW·h (7.2 GJ) load leveler in use at Castle Valley, Utah.
  • Two 5-kW units installed in St. Petersburg, Florida, under the auspices of USF's Power Center for Utility Explorations.
  • A 100 kWh (360 MJ) unit supplied with 18 kW stacks manufactured by Cellstrom (Austria) has been installed in Vierakker (Gelderland, The Netherlands) as part of an integrated energy concept called 'FotonenBoer'/'PhotonFarmer' (InnovationNetwork/Foundation Courage).
  • A 400 kW, 500 kWh (1.8 GJ) output balancer in use on a solar power project in the Bilacenge Village in Sumba Island, Indonesia.
  • A 50 kW, 100 kWh (360 MJ) peak shaving for manufacturing facility in Gongju, South Korea.[23]
  • A 5 kW, 60 kWh unit integrated with photovoltaic generation at University of Évora, Portugal.[24]
  • A 100 kW, 1.26 MWh installation is planned for the island of Gigha, Scotland.[25]
  • A 5 MW, 10 MW·h (36 GJ) system at the Woniushi wind power farm was connected to the Liaoning Power Grid, China, on 23 May 2013.[26]
  • 1 MW, 5 MW·h (18 GJ) installed by Sumitomo Electric Industries in Yokohama.
  • 100 kW, 600 kWh unit, installed by Prudent Energy & ABB in Kolarovo, Slovakia.
  • 200 kW 800kWh unit, planned by Solibra System Montage in Koblenz, Germany.
Vanadium redox battery - Wikipedia
Sorry Billy, but I'm not the one who doesn't have a clue.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And still you level of discourse in your posts is that of a high school sophmore. LOL

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And still you level of discourse in your posts is that of a high school sophmore. LOL

Rocks, you're insulting high school sophomores.

Tesla Wins Massive Contract to Help Power the California Grid
It's the latest response to a fossil-fuel disaster.
by
Tom Randall
September 15, 2016, 11:21 AM PDT
Tesla just won a bid to supply grid-scale power in Southern California to help prevent electricity shortages following the biggest natural gas leak in U.S. history. The Powerpacks, worth tens of millions of dollars, will be operational in record time—by the end of this year.

Tesla Motors Inc. will supply 20 megawatts (80 megawatt-hours) of energy storage to Southern California Edison as part of a wider effort to prevent blackouts by replacing fossil-fuel electricity generation with lithium-ion batteries. Tesla's contribution is enough to power about 2,500 homes for a full day, the company said in a blog post on Thursday. But the real significance of the deal is the speed with which lithium-ion battery packs are being deployed.

"The storage is being procured in a record time frame," months instead of years, said Yayoi Sekine, a battery analyst at Bloomberg New Energy Finance. "It highlights the maturity of advanced technologies like energy storage to be contracted as a reliable resource in an emergency situation."

Here's a chart showing the acceleration of energy-storage deployment as batteries gain popularity.

360x-1.png

Tesla Wins Massive Contract to Power the California Grid

I see the box of rocks and its master are total dupes devoid of math capabilities or critical thinking skills..

But on a grand note.. THE GREAT PAUSE IS BACK.. 19 years 9 months... Officially with the December UAH and RSS numbers.. No step increase in GAT is being seen from the last El Niño and the average NH temps have dropped -9.0 deg C in just a year.. The Frigid 48: U.S. Average Temperature 11 deg. F « Roy Spencer, PhD

Cooling is now massive in the northern hemisphere..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back