Op-Ed By Vladimir Putin for the American People

I'd never thought I'd live to see the day when a Russian leader is dictating foreign policy to our own president. It is reprehensible how far our country has fallen. I for one am not going to sit here and take this.

so he threw a little salt on the wound as well. obama is a big boy. hopefully he'll learn a lesson from this

Once this is over, he has a government shutdown to worry about. He's being played on both ends of the sea. :D

not funding obamacare will only shut down the govt if Obama chooses to do so. Every govt function except obamacare will be funded under the Lee/Cruz plan.

This message by Pres. Putin is an act of desparation.

He knows that Obama has Assad by the balls and that Russia cannot help Assad.

The only hope Assad has is if the American people remain steadfast against military action and if Congress does not authorize the use of force.

A new opportunity to avoid military action has emerged in the past few days. The United States, Russia and all members of the international community must take advantage of the Syrian government’s willingness to place its chemical arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction. Judging by the statements of President Obama, the United States sees this as an alternative to military action.

This is Putin’s big argument: Let’s follow through on the Russian plan to have Syria give up its chemical weapons in exchange for the United States not attacking. And Obama is clearly interested.

It’s hard to miss, though, that this appears to strongly contradict Putin’s claim that rebels were responsible for the chemical weapons attack. As Huffington Post reporter Sam Stein tweets, “Putin’s oped argues: 1. The rebels used chemical weapons, not Assad. 2. Let’s encourage Assad to give up his weapons (no mention of rebels).”
"Black flag" operations are tragically common in the world, today -- including many instigated or carried out by elements of the US government. I will never assume that the atack was carried out by the Assad regime until very clear evidence is presented that such is the case.

If Assad's weapons are put under international control, and there were to be another chemical attack, then Assad's involvement would be clearly ruled out.

Such being the case, it would be a strong deterent to external forces hostile to the Assad regime attempting another chemical attack.

No it wouldn't because a) they would argue that Assad didn't turn over all his stockpile and b) no one knows how many weapons he has.

'

I guess the obvious fact has slipped your mind that inspections would be a necessary part of any agreement.

'

I guess the obvious fact has slipped your mind that inspections would be a necessary part of any agreement.

right, and we are sure that Assad will tell the inspectors exactly where he hid all of the CW's.

the naivete of the left in this country is amazing.

'

right, and we are sure that Assad will tell the inspectors exactly where he hid all of the CW's.

the naivete of the left in this country is amazing.

Yes, or so it seems... conjures-up visions of the Bad Guys laughing up their sleeves while the Inspectors certify an Inventory List that was given to them by the very people who stand accused of using such horrific weaponry.

'
The only naïveté here is yours about the nature of modern weapon inspection procedures.

Do a little research about what the UN inspectors did in Iraq -- before tyrant Bush pulled the rug from under their feet.

'
The only naïveté here is yours about the nature of modern weapon inspection procedures.

Do a little research about what the UN inspectors did in Iraq -- before tyrant Bush pulled the rug from under their feet.

yeah right, Saddam showed them all the hiding places and gave them free access :lol:

like I said-----the naivete of the left continues unabatted.

'

yeah right, Saddam showed them all the hiding places and gave them free access :lol:

like I said-----the naivete of the left continues unabatted.

and there wasn't an active civil war going on. Which made it easier to move their own weapons and easier for the inspectors to move around, when they weren't being held at gunpoint.

So are wingnuts here still swooning over Vlad, now that he defended the hated UN and pissed on the concept of American exceptionalism?

I'd never thought I'd live to see the day when a Russian leader is dictating foreign policy to our own president. It is reprehensible how far our country has fallen. I for one am not going to sit here and take this.

Putin isn't dictating anything. It's just words in a newspaper. Man, you sure are easily taunted into reacting just like a schoolboy who doesn't have enough emotional maturity to see something for what it is as opposed to how someone wants you to react because they're intentionally manipulating you.

So are wingnuts here still swooning over Vlad, now that he defended the hated UN and pissed on the concept of American exceptionalism?

No one is swooning over Vlad. Just acknowleding the fact that he has made obama look like an incompetent petulant child.

I am embarassed for my country. I am very sorry that you fools elected this incompetent boob.

Reagan made Gorby look like a fool, Bush kept Putin in check. Obama has made putin an international statesman---------he has made a former KGB hitman look like a world leader---pathetic.

There were 17 UN resolutions that indicated that Iraq had violated the cease fire agreement. Did you expect them to make a declaration of war on Iraq?

According to high ranking members of the Bush administration the sanctions worked. Saddam was unable to rebuild his WMD program nor was he able to reconstitute his conventional army. He didn't even pose a threat to his neighbors much less the worlds remaining superpower.

Link?

In Cairo, on February 24 2001, Powell said: "He (Saddam Hussein) has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours."

Powell even boasted that it was the US policy of "containment" that had effectively disarmed the Iraqi dictator - again the very opposite of what Blair said time and again. On May 15 2001, Powell went further and said that Saddam Hussein had not been able to "build his military back up or to develop weapons of mass destruction" for "the last 10 years". America, he said, had been successful in keeping him "in a box".

Two months later, Condoleezza Rice also described a weak, divided and militarily defenseless Iraq. "Saddam does not control the northern part of the country," she said. "We are able to keep his arms from him. His military forces have not been rebuilt."

Both Colin Powell, US Secretary of State, and Condoleezza Rice, President Bush's closest adviser, made clear before September 11 2001 that Saddam Hussein was no threat - to America, Europe or the Middle East.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUNsv66m8Rw]Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice - Iraq Has No WMD's And Is Not A Threat - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSIS0o7vtPE]Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times Live Danmarks Radio HD - YouTube[/ame]

According to high ranking members of the Bush administration the sanctions worked. Saddam was unable to rebuild his WMD program nor was he able to reconstitute his conventional army. He didn't even pose a threat to his neighbors much less the worlds remaining superpower.

Link?

In Cairo, on February 24 2001, Powell said: "He (Saddam Hussein) has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours."

Powell even boasted that it was the US policy of "containment" that had effectively disarmed the Iraqi dictator - again the very opposite of what Blair said time and again. On May 15 2001, Powell went further and said that Saddam Hussein had not been able to "build his military back up or to develop weapons of mass destruction" for "the last 10 years". America, he said, had been successful in keeping him "in a box".

Two months later, Condoleezza Rice also described a weak, divided and militarily defenseless Iraq. "Saddam does not control the northern part of the country," she said. "We are able to keep his arms from him. His military forces have not been rebuilt."

Both Colin Powell, US Secretary of State, and Condoleezza Rice, President Bush's closest adviser, made clear before September 11 2001 that Saddam Hussein was no threat - to America, Europe or the Middle East.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUNsv66m8Rw]Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice - Iraq Has No WMD's And Is Not A Threat - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSIS0o7vtPE]Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times Live Danmarks Radio HD - YouTube[/ame]

why did you leave out the next chapter where Powell went to the UN and said that saddam had WMDs and that he must be taken out? Why did you leave out the quotes from Clinton, Kerry, and Ted Kennedy saying the same thing?

No one is swooning over Vlad. Just acknowleding the fact that he has made obama look like an incompetent petulant child.

I am embarassed for my country. I am very sorry that you fools elected this incompetent boob.

Reagan made Gorby look like a fool, Bush kept Putin in check. Obama has made putin an international statesman---------he has made a former KGB hitman look like a world leader---pathetic.

And by who's standard has he "made obama look like an incompetent petulant child"? Asshole rightwingnuts who already hate him just for breathing?

Please!

:lol:

Putin isn't dictating anything. It's just words in a newspaper. Man, you sure are easily taunted into reacting just like a schoolboy who doesn't have enough emotional maturity to see something for what it is as opposed to how someone wants you to react because they're intentionally manipulating you.

Naw, he's just a troll. He knows what he's saying is horseshit.

Says the guy with 466 rep and no argument. Wanna go, shortstack?

And by who's standard has he "made obama look like an incompetent petulant child"? Asshole rightwingnuts who already hate him just for breathing?

Please!

:lol:

So you're all up in arms trying to tell us that we're bad guys because we don't want OUR Country running interference and providing Air Support for scumbags like this???

https://twitter.com/mosaaberizing/status/377902111117172736/photo/1
Mosa'ab Elshamy
‏@mosaaberizing
Photo of the year, perhaps, of Jihadists beheading pro-Bashar militiamen. Just stunning. Via [MENTION=16365]pAr[/MENTION]ismatch pic.twitter.com/yDI5NKK7an
BT6T98VCYAEB0e7.jpg

Fuck you and FUCK all you little pussy-boys who only think about backing your blow-up doll sex fantasy wannabe Hitler.

The people that obama wants to defend are the scum of the fucking Earth.

Assad may not be a lot better but -- So what?

fucking knob gobbling morons.

Says the guy with 466 rep and no argument. Wanna go, shortstack?

What does my rep power have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back