Opioid deaths skyrocket in PA as Trump is unable to contain crisis (but he can golf and tweet)

Who makes them addictive?

Narcotics do save a lot of lives you know, they also improve the quality of life for millions of people. Why do you want people to suffer?
Yes but sometimes prescribing narcotics creates more problems then it solves.
I'm Belgian, my wife's American. My mother in law died while being addicted to Oxicoton. An addiction she picked up after a surgery. My wife just had surgery here. The pain meds she got prescribed was a form of Tylenol. My mother in law was pain free but addicted when she left the hospital. My wife was in pain a few days after her surgery but not addicted. Which of these you think is preferable?

I've been through multiple serious surgeries over the last three years.
Hip replacement,cancer and back surgery to be exact,and I'm here to tell you Tylenol didnt dent the pain.
Just had hip replacement. Got two different pain meds norco and tramadol. Neither actually toot away pain. I’m on day nine and stopped both. I don’t get it. Neither did anything. 325 mg of norco. Made me drowsy and that’s it. Stopped zero pain.

When I had a wrist operation with pins and screws I was on morphine in the hospital, which worked well as it should, The doctor sent me home with a prescription for 500mg of Tylenol with 5mg of Codeine. It did not do squat. I called the doctor and ask for something stronger and he said no, then I screamed at him that 5mg of Codeine was all that was in this pill and I would go to another fucking doctor if I needed to. He then called a prescription to the pharmacy for Talwin. Talwin is highly addictive, but it works. So if you are in pain start some shit, there is no reason for your pain
I beg to differ.
Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids were five times higher in 2016 than 1999,1 and sales of these prescription drugs have quadrupled.3 From 1999 to 2016, more than 200,000 people have died in the U.S. from overdoses related to prescription opioids.
Prescription Opioid Overdose Data | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

Narcotics do save a lot of lives you know, they also improve the quality of life for millions of people. Why do you want people to suffer?
I'm Belgian, my wife's American. My mother in law died while being addicted to Oxicoton. An addiction she picked up after a surgery. My wife just had surgery here. The pain meds she got prescribed was a form of Tylenol. My mother in law was pain free but addicted when she left the hospital. My wife was in pain a few days after her surgery but not addicted. Which of these you think is preferable?

Hip replacement,cancer and back surgery to be exact,and I'm here to tell you Tylenol didnt dent the pain.
Just had hip replacement. Got two different pain meds norco and tramadol. Neither actually toot away pain. I’m on day nine and stopped both. I don’t get it. Neither did anything. 325 mg of norco. Made me drowsy and that’s it. Stopped zero pain.

When I had a wrist operation with pins and screws I was on morphine in the hospital, which worked well as it should, The doctor sent me home with a prescription for 500mg of Tylenol with 5mg of Codeine. It did not do squat. I called the doctor and ask for something stronger and he said no, then I screamed at him that 5mg of Codeine was all that was in this pill and I would go to another fucking doctor if I needed to. He then called a prescription to the pharmacy for Talwin. Talwin is highly addictive, but it works. So if you are in pain start some shit, there is no reason for your pain

Resistance to pain meds is a sign of a heavy drug user.....
Get help.

Get help.

Sometimes, but I just began taking the pill so that is impossible. If your babble meant anything why was I not resistant to the Talwin?

Next fool

I beg to differ.
Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids were five times higher in 2016 than 1999,1 and sales of these prescription drugs have quadrupled.3 From 1999 to 2016, more than 200,000 people have died in the U.S. from overdoses related to prescription opioids.

You are aware that drug smugglers and counterfeiters are making pills for resale right?

LOL. no you never thought of that

The NORCO actually worked way better for me than Tramadol and when taken with a muscle relaxer it allowed me to get some shut eye.
But yeah they dont take all the pain away thats for sure.
Me, I’m totally confused why people want to take them. Did nothing for me.

When I left the hospital three weeks ago after the spinal fusion they had me on NORCO and I was just fine.....by the time we took the 15 mile trip home I was about to puke from the pain and swore up and down to the wife that it couldnt be the same pills I was taking in the hospital.
By the next day the ride home effects had settled and the Norco worked fine.

I gotta say the best pain killer I've ever received was Dilaudid.
It stopped my kidney stone pain in its tracks....unfortunately I was asleep before I could enjoy it.:biggrin:

Get help.

Sometimes, but I just began taking the pill so that is impossible. If your babble meant anything why was I not resistant to the Talwin?

Next fool

Funny....NORCO worked fine for me.

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ.

You are aware that drug smugglers and counterfeiters are making pills for resale right?

So those 200000 dead people got their pills illegally. Is that your claim? If it is I have too say you are either dumb or dishonest.

I beg to differ.

Than why are the deaths directly related with scripts written by docs?

I beg to differ.

Because doctors ALWAYS work with sick people and sick people have a higher rate of death than others.

Doctors even prescribe pills to terminally ill people guaranteed to die, hopefully not in pain.

Grow up kid

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ.

So those 200000 dead people got their pills illegally. Is that your claim? If it is I have too say you are either dumb or dishonest.
Oh and I just saw the CDC specified PRESCRIPTION opioids.

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ.

Again pills are made to be sold as real, it's a fact

I beg to differ.

Because doctors ALWAYS work with sick people and sick people have a higher rate of death than others.

Doctors even prescribe pills to terminally ill people guaranteed to die, hopefully not in pain.

Grow up kid
The CDC specified OVERDOSE deaths.

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ.

Oh and I just saw the CDC specified PRESCRIPTION opioids.

Try again in English

Dude, they made me get out of bed and walk same day of surgery. It’s amazing the trauma in a hip replacement.. they cut a seven inch Incision. Then dislocated my hip. Leg free from the torso. Then they cut the stem and ball off clean out the hip socket drilled a hole in the femer bone and slam a rod in the femer. Put it all back together and sew you back up. Then make you walk on the new leg four hours later. Pain? Holy fk. Nothing worked to relieve the pain. Day nine I’m walking pain free with a cane. Wow!

Forum List

Back