Oregon Gov Commutes Sentences of Death Row Inmates

I care less what you were talking about. I made a statement and backed that statement up.
so i was right?....remember pk i was in a conversation with joe and you jumped in and made a statement....when i asked you to clarify what you said all of a sudden those gang bangers i asked you about became some poor black guy who was killed by the police and now some civil rights workers in 1965....what violence has our govt put over violent gangs like the M-13 people to make them violent?..

so i was right?....remember pk i was in a conversation with joe and you jumped in and made a statement....when i asked you to clarify what you said all of a sudden those gang bangers i asked you about became some poor black guy who was killed by the police and now some civil rights workers in 1965....what violence has our govt put over violent gangs like the M-13 people to make them violent?..

I said government violence has helped create violence from the people. I showed examples of that.

and i asked you about the most violent people in our society....why cant you answer that?...

Because it's irrelevant. That there will be some violent people does not excuse the governments needless, unjustified violence against the people in general.

Because it's irrelevant. That there will be some violent people does not excuse the governments needless, unjustified violence against the people in general.
its irrelevant because they dont fall under your blame the govt scenario...and gang bangers around the country cause way more deaths and violence than those examples you posted....and the govt had nothing to do with the violence that they do...

its irrelevant because they dont fall under your blame the govt scenario...and gang bangers around the country cause way more deaths and violence than those examples you posted....and the govt had nothing to do with the violence that they do...

Not every single violent person is violent because of the government but a violent government has made many people violent in return.

Not every single violent person is violent because of the government but a violent government has made many people violent in return.
oh so now you are tempering what you said?......gotcha pk....in the future i will remember not to ask you such tough questions...

Did U.S. Veteran Ashli Babbitt deserve to be executed for criminal trespass on Jan 6? Lefties seem to think so or the Capital Cop would have been charged with murder.

Did U.S. Veteran Ashli Babbitt deserve to be executed for criminal trespass on Jan 6? Lefties seem to think so or the Capital Cop would have been charged with murder.

Did she deserve to die? No, but for years when the cops killed a black person the argument always was "do what you are told and no one gets hurt".

That was a lie but it was the practiced response. Why does it not apply here?

then execution should only be if there is absolute proof the the person is guilty.....something i have been saying since we started this conversation,but yet you seem to think NO ONE is ever absolutely guilty.....and joe the great majority of violent crime in this country is done by people who are not rich....

But rich people do commit some awful crimes... and none of them ever get executed.

Your chances of getting executed become higher depending on your race and your level of poverty. A good reason to abolish the DP in and of itself.

The point is, once you've executed someone, you can't undo it if you find out you were wrong later.

But rich people do commit some awful crimes... and none of them ever get executed.

Your chances of getting executed become higher depending on your race and your level of poverty. A good reason to abolish the DP in and of itself.

The point is, once you've executed someone, you can't undo it if you find out you were wrong later.
Somebody call a Doctor to stop his bleeding heart liberalism.

Isnt that the Governor undermining the Democratic process? The majority of Oregonians voted to have the DP, and while the Governor (I assume) has the Constitutional authority to commute sentences can we agree that commuting all DP sentences while it might adhere to the letter of the law doesnt follow the spirit?

Now you guys are for the Democratic Process? After you foisted a President on us most of us didn't want?

Okay, let's review this argument. Voters in Oregon reinstated the DP in 1984! That's nearly 40 years ago. Oregon has only executed 2 people since the DP was re-instated and that was back in the mid 90's.

I think that gives the governor more than enough cover for her action.

Ohhh we should start a war on poverty. We could call it the "Great Society" or something like that. Im sure if we spend enough money like 28 trillion we will solve the problem...

28 Trillion over 60 years is an inadequate number.

The Great Society did a lot to reduce poverty, but we are nowhere near where we should be.

No one looks to correct the mistake for life sentences, everyone looks at the DP, and most of the DP appeals aren't about guilt, but about technical bullshit regarding the PUNISHMENT, not the CONVICTION.

By technical bullshit, you mean "The Constitution"? You know, like the part about "Cruel and Unusual Punishment", as the DP is definitely both cruel and unusual. The point is that we no know that lethal injection is not painless, and they are routinely botched.

Forum List

Back