Oregon Gov Commutes Sentences of Death Row Inmates

Sad. YOU realize that when they say "Europe" here, they don't mean Germany, Italy, France and England.

They mean Poland and Bulgaria and Romania and other places that are still recovering from Soviet Domination.

Um, because this is where the jobs are... dummy.
The stat is for W Europe vs US. Maybe you should look at a map

Sad. YOU realize that when they say "Europe" here, they don't mean Germany, Italy, France and England.

They mean Poland and Bulgaria and Romania and other places that are still recovering from Soviet Domination.

Um, because this is where the jobs are... dummy.

migrants1.png

Odd I dont see Romania, Poland or Bulgaria on there...

Germany? Yep
Italy? Yep
UK? Yep.

migrants2.png

It's so weird that Europe has all this figured out and it's so much better there than the US but the people in W Europe keep coming to the US and not vice versa.

It's also much easier to have all the little programs they have in Europe when you dont have to worry about your own security. When Uncle Sam is spending all the money to keep you secure it frees up all kinds of cash to do any number of things.

Stop it.

7 county Kate has been busy letting out as many violent criminals as she can. Letting this serial rapist out has been heartbreaking to women here who have tried to stop his release.

.“Tiffany Edens, who was 13 when Gillmore raped her in her home, called the lowest-level classification a “slap in the face” and has asked how a test with so few questions can fairly determine Gillmore’s risk.”

Its on the article I posted dumb ass

The article that lists any European living here as a migrant.

Right now, I am renting my old Condo to a young man from Denmark. He is here on business for his company, he has no plan to move here permanently. Most of your so-called migrants fall into that category.

How about something about "immigrants"?

The article that lists any European living here as a migrant.

Right now, I am renting my old Condo to a young man from Denmark. He is here on business for his company, he has no plan to move here permanently. Most of your so-called migrants fall into that category.

How about something about "immigrants"?
Link

By technical bullshit, you mean "The Constitution"? You know, like the part about "Cruel and Unusual Punishment", as the DP is definitely both cruel and unusual. The point is that we no know that lethal injection is not painless, and they are routinely botched.

The Constitution specifically allows for the DP via the due process clause referencing "life, liberty or property".

Cruel and unusual was meant to cover things like drawing and quartering, keel hauling, or evisceration.

Spare me the concern over some murdering fuck feeling uncomfortable while being executed.

View attachment 738468

I am staunchly against the death penalty. I don't think it is a deterrent. That being said, if we executed people 90 days after their sentence, I think the deterrent factor would skyrocket. If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times...we need to completely overhaul our criminal justice system.

As for this ruling, I have mixed emotions. At the end of the day, I think it's a good thing to do. However, I do not like that the jury was empaneled, listened to testimony, rendered a verdict, then (likely) rendered a sentence. Then...later on a governor, overturns it? Don't get me wrong, stop all executions going forward but I don't like it when the jury system is usurped by the chief executive.
Democrats sure love their murderers.

The Constitution specifically allows for the DP via the due process clause referencing "life, liberty or property".

Cruel and unusual was meant to cover things like drawing and quartering, keel hauling, or evisceration.

Spare me the concern over some murdering fuck feeling uncomfortable while being executed.

So definitions evolve. We now know that injecting chemicals into a person until they die IS Cruel and unusual.

The very fact that we keep seeking new methods of execution to make ourselves feel better shows that we KNOW it is cruel and unusual.

Democraps are the party of death, the party of crime, the party of evil.
Because you are so clearly sane, getting your messages from Planet Kolob.

So definitions evolve. We now know that injecting chemicals into a person until they die IS Cruel and unusual.

The very fact that we keep seeking new methods of execution to make ourselves feel better shows that we KNOW it is cruel and unusual.

Because you are so clearly sane, getting your messages from Planet Kolob.

That better and quicker methods were made isn't evidence at all of cruelty or unusualness. Again in the context of the framers it was for things like drawing and quartering, pressing, and tarring and feathering.

I was fine with hanging and firing squads. Also partial to beheading via Samurai swords for those truly repentant of their crimes.

That better and quicker methods were made isn't evidence at all of cruelty or unusualness. Again in the context of the framers it was for things like drawing and quartering, pressing, and tarring and feathering.

I was fine with hanging and firing squads. Also partial to beheading via Samurai swords for those truly repentant of their crimes.

Yes, progress and evolution are clearly foreign concepts to you.

The point is, most of the industrialized world has abolished the death penalty because it is barbaric.

We need to get on the same boat. Not because we 'love criminals', but because we are better than they are.

The point is, most of the industrialized world has abolished the death penalty because it is barbaric.

We need to get on the same boat. Not because we 'love criminals', but because we are better than they are.

Some crimes just don't deserve 3 hots and a cot.

Considering how Europe is breeding itself out of contention the replacements come from a culture far more accepting of the DP, look for that to change.

It's because people like you hate ideological apostates far more than actual criminals.

Some crimes just don't deserve 3 hots and a cot.

Yes.. too bad those aren't the crimes most people are being executed for. Often the heinous murderers get good lawyers and get off, while the poor schlub who drove his buddy to the stickup gets the death penalty.

The point is, we are only executing 20 people a year. The number of people being sent to Death Row is also declining, because people are just realizing the folly of it all.

Considering how Europe is breeding itself out of contention the replacements come from a culture far more accepting of the DP, look for that to change.

Yeah, Europe is whiter than we are. France is 84% white. The UK is 86% white. Germany is 87% white.
The US is 69% white and dropping.

The rest of the world is ending capital punishment, we are in very bad company by retaining it.

_116029878_executions_2013_to_2019_640-nc.png

It's because people like you hate ideological apostates far more than actual criminals.

No, I just find it amusing that the same wingnuts who don't trust the government to teach kids about sex or think that a mask mandate is tyranny, thinks that the government is the fair arbiter of who gets to live or die.

Yes.. too bad those aren't the crimes most people are being executed for. Often the heinous murderers get good lawyers and get off, while the poor schlub who drove his buddy to the stickup gets the death penalty.

The point is, we are only executing 20 people a year. The number of people being sent to Death Row is also declining, because people are just realizing the folly of it all.

Yeah, Europe is whiter than we are. France is 84% white. The UK is 86% white. Germany is 87% white.
The US is 69% white and dropping.

The rest of the world is ending capital punishment, we are in very bad company by retaining it.

_116029878_executions_2013_to_2019_640-nc.png

No, I just find it amusing that the same wingnuts who don't trust the government to teach kids about sex or think that a mask mandate is tyranny, thinks that the government is the fair arbiter of who gets to live or die.

Doesn't change the fact that the DP is constitutional, as it is explicitly called out for as a reason for due process.

I don't see the difference between executing someone after 20 vs. them dying after 50 except that for some they don't deserve to get that 50, or even the 20, but due process has to be followed in the case of mandated execution.

Doesn't change the fact that the DP is constitutional, as it is explicitly called out for as a reason for due process.
It's also is prohibited by the Cruel and Unusual clause, as was found in Furman v. Georgia

I don't see the difference between executing someone after 20 vs. them dying after 50 except that for some they don't deserve to get that 50, or even the 20, but due process has to be followed in the case of mandated execution.
Except that if you find out in five years you got the wrong guy, you can let him out. You can't unexecute a person.

This is the most fundamental of all arguments against the death penalty. It is (or should be) astounding that more so-called Christians cannot understand it.

Forum List

Back