Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

I wouldn't give up my seat for a Muslim man either just because he demanded it. However - Delta4Embassy made some good points on the religious values and the airline's policies. My point is - if I bought a ticket in good faith and chose a seat, I shouldn't be forced to give it up. It should be my choice.

Women are second class in the fundamentalist versions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. I would not choose that for myself.

You're full of shit..because you know nothing about the Jewish religion, and Christianity is most responsible for pushing equality for women. Most of islam treat women very baldly. but that doesn't matter to you because your mission here will not allow you to acknowledge that fact

I think you're the one that is full of shit here. I specifically said "fundamentalist" versions of those religions. They most certainly do not believe in "equality" for women.

You built a strawman.

Jewish women are more important than the men, because it is through them that the Jewish people continue.:thup:

I think that is what some believe, but it is easy to cross the line into "less than". I think many fundamentalist sects do so - abusing a woman is ok because the man is the final authority. On paper, in selected scripture - each has a role to play that is different. But human nature doesn't necessarily follow that and that very scripture gives license to abuse.

The Jewish woman plays a crucial part in G-d's plan for mankind.

When Torah was first given, G-d instructed Moses to speak to the women first and explain to them its greatness, thereby strengthening the rest of people's acceptance of it as well.

When the Tabernacle was first built, Jewish women and girls were the first to donate; only afterwards, and inspired by their example, did the men contribute further.

A Jewish woman or girl is granted by G-d a distinctive gracefulness in her approach; a pleasant, soft, peaceful manner through which she influences her environment and her family in all matters of goodness. When she utilizes this special pleasantness and peacefulness -- combining it with firm discipline where appropriate -- she increases the success of G-d's plan in ways that no man can, and turns her home and her environment into a "Tabernacle" of which G-d can say: "I shall dwell in their midst.

Ha Ha too funny, all the Jewish women in the OT were deceivers, the only one God spoke to was Hagar.

And they feel sorry for you.

It all evens out.

Of course. Jehovas, Mormons, Muslims, Jews & Christians all feel sorry for the rest of us who aren't part of their club. Especially when it comes with going to heaven for eternity?

It's like when I go jetskying and I see people at the public beach. I feel sorry for them because they don't live on the lake. They can come look at it but they don't get to put a boat in or party at the sand bar because it's a private lake.

You're full of shit..because you know nothing about the Jewish religion, and Christianity is most responsible for pushing equality for women. Most of islam treat women very baldly. but that doesn't matter to you because your mission here will not allow you to acknowledge that fact

I think you're the one that is full of shit here. I specifically said "fundamentalist" versions of those religions. They most certainly do not believe in "equality" for women.

You built a strawman.

Jewish women are more important than the men, because it is through them that the Jewish people continue.:thup:

I think that is what some believe, but it is easy to cross the line into "less than". I think many fundamentalist sects do so - abusing a woman is ok because the man is the final authority. On paper, in selected scripture - each has a role to play that is different. But human nature doesn't necessarily follow that and that very scripture gives license to abuse.

When Torah was first given, G-d instructed Moses to speak to the women first and explain to them its greatness, thereby strengthening the rest of people's acceptance of it as well.

When the Tabernacle was first built, Jewish women and girls were the first to donate; only afterwards, and inspired by their example, did the men contribute further.

A Jewish woman or girl is granted by G-d a distinctive gracefulness in her approach; a pleasant, soft, peaceful manner through which she influences her environment and her family in all matters of goodness. When she utilizes this special pleasantness and peacefulness -- combining it with firm discipline where appropriate -- she increases the success of G-d's plan in ways that no man can, and turns her home and her environment into a "Tabernacle" of which G-d can say: "I shall dwell in their midst.

Ha Ha too funny, all the Jewish women in the OT were deceivers, the only one God spoke to was Hagar.

It's easy for the rest of us to make fun of these people but I admire them for their strong faith in God.

I think they should be punched in the face

And you're supposed to be a mod?. and here I thought the moderator standards had improved on this board.... Apparently not:cuckoo:

You built a strawman.

You know those Jews they're all "Deceivers" ;)

You built a strawman.

Judaism recognizes 7 female prophets, and asserts women are superior to men in terms of prophecy.

You built a strawman.

Penelope, Hagar was an Egyptian slave. She was not a Jewish woman! What book are you reading? The Bible is chock full of Jewish women who were wonderful examples! Oh my gosh! Did you ever read the testimony of Hannah? Samuel's mother? What about Esther? Deborah? Sarah? Jael? Phoebe, Aquilla, Priscilla, Anna who prayed day and night and never left the temple? Abigail? There are so many - I cannot even name all of them - but these are just a few - but no, Ishmael's mother was not a Jew. She was an Egyptian. No relation to the Hebrews.

You built a strawman.

Judaism recognizes 7 female prophets, and asserts women are superior to men in terms of prophecy.

Chapter and verse for women are superior to men in terms of prophecy, Delta. As to women prophets - there are more than 7 female prophets in the bible. Both old and new testament confirm female prophets. No argument there - but there is no teaching in the bible that claims women superior. I don't know where you got that from but you are mistaken.

Chapter and verse for women are superior to men in terms of prophecy, Delta. As to women prophets - there are more than 7 female prophets in the bible. Both old and new testament confirm female prophets. No argument there - but there is no teaching in the bible that claims women superior. I don't know where you got that from but you are mistaken.

"A prophet is not necessarily a man. Scripture records the stories of seven female prophets, listed below, and the Talmud reports that Sarah's prophetic ability was superior to Abraham's."
Judaism 101 Prophets and Prophecy

"According to traditional Judaism, women are endowed with a greater degree of "binah" (intuition, understanding, intelligence) than men. The rabbis inferred this from the fact that woman was "built" (Gen. 2:22) rather than "formed" (Gen. 2:7), and the Hebrew root of "build" has the same consonants as the word "binah." It has been said that the matriarchs (Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah) were superior to the patriarchs (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) in prophecy. Women did not participate in the idolatry regarding the Golden Calf. See Rosh Chodesh below. Some traditional sources suggest that women are closer to G-d's ideal than men."
Judaism 101 The Role of Women

You built a strawman.

very disturbing claim. truly I am surprised this thread is still going, Jroc. I would have thought it would have ended the 2nd or 3rd day. At the latest! Amazing what some folks find important! Oh my gosh.

very disturbing claim. truly I am surprised this thread is still going, Jroc. I would have thought it would have ended the 2nd or 3rd day. At the latest! Amazing what some folks find important! Oh my gosh.

A lot of people like to argue just for the sake of argueing.

"A prophet is not necessarily a man. Scripture records the stories of seven female prophets, listed below, and the Talmud reports that Sarah's prophetic ability was superior to Abraham's."

"According to traditional Judaism, women are endowed with a greater degree of "binah" (intuition, understanding, intelligence) than men. The rabbis inferred this from the fact that woman was "built" (Gen. 2:22) rather than "formed" (Gen. 2:7), and the Hebrew root of "build" has the same consonants as the word "binah." It has been said that the matriarchs (Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah) were superior to the patriarchs (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) in prophecy. Women did not participate in the idolatry regarding the Golden Calf. See Rosh Chodesh below. Some traditional sources suggest that women are closer to G-d's ideal than men."

I'm not even going to dignify this one with a response. Other than that someone on that website is seriously mistaken. End of discussion.

Buy a Bible, Delta. Why can you not buy a bible? And read it? You are a highly intelligent man! Why allow others to research for you - the most important subject in you life? Knowing God? I cannot understand your resistance to the idea. You are a mystery to me.

I'm not even going to dignify this one with a response. Other than that someone on that website is seriously mistaken. End of discussion.

Buy a Bible, Delta. Why can you not buy a bible? And read it? You are a highly intelligent man! Why allow others to research for you - the most important subject in you life? Knowing God? I cannot understand your resistance to the idea. You are a mystery to me.

Coulda just said you misread what I wrote, namely that "Judaism recognizes 7 female prophets and asserts women are superior in prophecy to men." and moved on. Never said anything about the Bible.

You're in error and if were someone worthy of respect you'd admit the error and move on.

Coulda just said you misread what I wrote, namely that "Judaism recognizes 7 female prophets and asserts women are superior in prophecy to men." and moved on. Never said anything about the Bible.

You're in error and if were someone worthy of respect you'd admit the error and move on.

I tell you the truth. I am not in any error. There is no question that the greatest prophets of the Torah were men. Not women. Only for you will I address this, Delta. Because you are a Jew and deserve to get it straight. What were the most important prophecies of the bible? The coming of the Messiah, the future of Israel, judgment coming upon the nations. Who was told of the coming destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? Abraham or Sarah? Abraham. Which one made intercession for Sodom and Gomorrah? Abraham. Who intereceded for the Jews before God? Zipporah or Moses? Moses.
Who was told of the future judgment of a nation - even Israel? Jeremiah, Habakkuk, Amos, Zephaniah, Zechariah, Joel, Ezekiel, Obadiah.....which one of these were women? None? Oh! Who gave the prophecies of the coming of Yeshua? Malachi, Isaiah, King David, Moses, Zechariah, .......all men. Do not tell me again that women are superior to men in prophecy as it was the woman who was deceived in the garden - not the other way around. I am a woman, Delta, and I know what your Torah teaches and your Torah was misinterepreted by the author who wrote that link!

End of discussion.

I tell you the truth. I am not in any error. There is no question that the greatest prophets of the Torah were men. Not women. Only for you will I address this, Delta. Because you are a Jew and deserve to get it straight.
LOL.......hey Delta.......did Jeremiah set you straight about your own religion?? .. :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

I tell you the truth. I am not in any error. There is no question that the greatest prophets of the Torah were men. Not women. Only for you will I address this, Delta. Because you are a Jew and deserve to get it straight.
LOL.......hey Delta.......did Jeremiah set you straight about your own religion?? .. :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

No, he is Jewish but tells me he doesn't keep the Holy Book in his home - he reads off the internet. Which is where his trouble is. ( partly)

Jeremiah, Habakkuk, Amos, Zephaniah, Zechariah, Joel, Ezekiel, Obadiah.....which one of these were women? None? Oh! Who gave the prophecies of the coming of Yeshua? Malachi, Isaiah, King David, Zechariah, .......all men. I am a woman, Delta, and I know what your Torah teaches and your Torah was misinterepreted by the author who wrote that link!
Poor deluded Jeremiah doesn't realize that the people she lists to back up her misinformed nonsense aren't even in the Torah. ...... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back