Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

Devoutly religious people not wanting to compromise on tenets of their faith. How horrible!

The Jews are God's chosen children. To the Jews I say Shalom (God, I hope I said that right) and Peace. They have and will always have my support.

God bless you, OldUSASniper. What a blessing to read this post. What a joy to see someone bless the Jews like this! Shalom is right! You're a blessing!
Just a question for you two.....
If you think so highly of the Jews and that they are the children of God, why don't you convert?
Seems that you would be happier leaving the Christian faith and becoming Jewish.

Devoutly religious people not wanting to compromise on tenets of their faith. How horrible!

The Jews are God's chosen children. To the Jews I say Shalom (God, I hope I said that right) and Peace. They have and will always have my support.

God bless you, OldUSASniper. What a blessing to read this post. What a joy to see someone bless the Jews like this! Shalom is right! You're a blessing!
If you think so highly of the Jews and that they are the children of God, why don't you convert?
Seems that you would be happier leaving the Christian faith and becoming Jewish.
:iagree:

I get it, you don't understand. A wise man once said, "Nothing is so blind as those who will not see." I would ask you why being respectful to a total stranger is so egregious to you? If a Christian sits down to dinner at the same table as you and begins to say a prayer of thanks, do you look at them like their crazy and go ahead and just eat? And what about someone with Muslim traditions? Buddhist? I just don't get this, "I don't believe like you so I am going to treat you with disdain and be completely antagonistic towards you." The coarsening of society I guess. And I am sad for it.

I started out as a Christian because probably that is where my tradition, my family took me. Had they been Jewish, I might be a Jew. As I grew up and got older, my relationship with Christ became very important to me. As an American, Freedom of Religion is the first amendment to the Constitution. You can worship junked 66 Chevy's for all I care, and I will respect that. I am not of the camp that believes that if a person has a religion then they are somehow 'imposing' that on me if they practice it.

I believe in the Christian Bible and it says very plainly that the Jews are the children of God. Christ Himself made that very plain. I really do feel sorry for those who only believe in their own supremacy in the universe... how unfortunate to be so disappointed all the time.

It's easy for the rest of us to make fun of these people but I admire them for their strong faith in God.

Good for you. I think they're full of shit. They're giddy over something they have no proof of.

You have some nerve talking about the holy Jews like that. Some nerve I tell you. It's El Al and the plane is headed for Israel. Show some respect and be still. You don't want to provoke the LORD to wrath.

You think women should give up their seats so men won't be polluted by sitting next to them? Seriously...I don't care what religion it is - if they have issues sitting next to us, they can charter a private flight.

:eusa_doh:"polluted"? it's out of respect actually. Funny you defend islam very forcefully here. I've never heard you speak in defense of the women, who in most cases are second class people and in some cases more like property or animals...Go figure :rolleyes:

I wouldn't give up my seat for a Muslim man either just because he demanded it. However - Delta4Embassy made some good points on the religious values and the airline's policies. My point is - if I bought a ticket in good faith and chose a seat, I shouldn't be forced to give it up. It should be my choice.

Women are second class in the fundamentalist versions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. I would not choose that for myself.

It's easy for the rest of us to make fun of these people but I admire them for their strong faith in God.

Good for you. I think they're full of shit. They're giddy over something they have no proof of.

You have some nerve talking about the holy Jews like that. Some nerve I tell you. It's El Al and the plane is headed for Israel. Show some respect and be still. You don't want to provoke the LORD to wrath.

You think women should give up their seats so men won't be polluted by sitting next to them? Seriously...I don't care what religion it is - if they have issues sitting next to us, they can charter a private flight.

:eusa_doh:"polluted"? it's out of respect actually. Funny you defend islam very forcefully here. I've never heard you speak in defense of the women, who in most cases are second class people and in some cases more like property or animals...Go figure :rolleyes:

I wouldn't give up my seat for a Muslim man either just because he demanded it. However - Delta4Embassy made some good points on the religious values and the airline's policies. My point is - if I bought a ticket in good faith and chose a seat, I shouldn't be forced to give it up. It should be my choice.

Women are second class in the fundamentalist versions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. I would not choose that for myself.

• Actually in any older system that would be the case. At least in Hasedic Judaism the guys wear far more ridiculous and complicated outfits than the women do. Its kind of payback.

I get it, you don't understand. A wise man once said, "Nothing is so blind as those who will not see." I would ask you why being respectful to a total stranger is so egregious to you? If a Christian sits down to dinner at the same table as you and begins to say a prayer of thanks, do you look at them like their crazy and go ahead and just eat? And what about someone with Muslim traditions? Buddhist? I just don't get this, "I don't believe like you so I am going to treat you with disdain and be completely antagonistic towards you." The coarsening of society I guess. And I am sad for it.

I started out as a Christian because probably that is where my tradition, my family took me. Had they been Jewish, I might be a Jew. As I grew up and got older, my relationship with Christ became very important to me. As an American, Freedom of Religion is the first amendment to the Constitution. You can worship junked 66 Chevy's for all I care, and I will respect that. I am not of the camp that believes that if a person has a religion then they are somehow 'imposing' that on me if they practice it.

I believe in the Christian Bible and it says very plainly that the Jews are the children of God. Christ Himself made that very plain. I really do feel sorry for those who only believe in their own supremacy in the universe... how unfortunate to be so disappointed all the time.

You are right I don't understand. If you are so enamored with Jews and everything Jewish, why not convert and become Jewish. Simple question that you did not answer.

I think every human is a child of God.

redskins.jpg

No one in public accommodation has the right to say "that person can't sit next to me" if said person is not drunk or high or otherwise offensive to a reasonable person standard.

You're full of shit..because you know nothing about the Jewish religion, and Christianity is most responsible for pushing equality for women. Most of islam treat women very baldly. but that doesn't matter to you because your mission here will not allow you to acknowledge that fact

Women in the fundamentalist wings of the Abrahamic religions makes women second class citizens, Jroc.

Step off, stop lying.

You're full of shit..because you know nothing about the Jewish religion, and Christianity is most responsible for pushing equality for women. Most of islam treat women very baldly. but that doesn't matter to you because your mission here will not allow you to acknowledge that fact

I think you're the one that is full of shit here. I specifically said "fundamentalist" versions of those religions. They most certainly do not believe in "equality" for women.

You built a strawman.

I think you're the one that is full of shit here. I specifically said "fundamentalist" versions of those religions. They most certainly do not believe in "equality" for women.

You built a strawman.

Jewish women are more important than the men, because it is through them that the Jewish people continue.:thup:

Christianity is most responsible for pushing equality for women.

Christianity is most responsible?

Christianity?

Pagan religions have pretty much ALWAYS recognized equality between man and woman.

You built a strawman.

Jewish women are more important than the men, because it is through them that the Jewish people continue.:thup:

I think that is what some believe, but it is easy to cross the line into "less than". I think many fundamentalist sects do so - abusing a woman is ok because the man is the final authority. On paper, in selected scripture - each has a role to play that is different. But human nature doesn't necessarily follow that and that very scripture gives license to abuse.

No woman should give up her seat, that's rediculous. I blame both them and the flight managers for this.

This is something they know beforehand. I find it almost embarrasing that they chose to sit them next to women, knowing that in those seats there are those who demand Bagatz Kosher food, it's obvious that who does that is orthodox. They could just make sure to sit them next to each other when they planned this flight.

But the men could have delt with this better, too.

No one is innocent there, IMHO

Forum List

Back