🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Orthodox Jews to aid a poor teenage boy from Lod

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Another emotional story comes from Lod, a poor teenage boy from the city of Lod wished to visit a synagogue, and was gifted by orthodox Jews- the ability to celebrate Bar Mitzva like all other children.

Kama Tov HaShem.

-----------------

Last Saturday, in the Aliya L'Torah, ceremony, a special boy could be seen standing on stage. He was given book and Teffilin, and that was not at all obvious, taking to mind the fact that he came from a very poor family, which could not afford having a party to celebrate his special day. The party was funded by the orthodox group of the city of Lod.

It all started when a group of boys entered the synagogue one day, just "to have a peek inside". One of the visitors began chatting with them, and then he understood one of the boys, coming from a needy family, reached 13 few days ago, but cannot afford to have a Bar-Mitzva ceremony.

The Jewish orthodoxia then got involved, brought the boy Tfillin and prayer book, and volunteered to help the needed family with food and cloths for the event and the long days passing.

The orthodox group took the boy "under their wings" and made sure to help him in his every-day difficulties. On stage, last week, stood the boy in the synagogue, having his Bar-Mitzvah, when his mother was watching from afar, crying.

"At the same day he came (to the synagogue) he told me he reached 13, but that he has no money for tfillin and his father's gone, and cannot teach him to pray" says one of the men responsible for the project. "We looked for him for days around the neighborhood but could not find him, since he gave us the wrong name, ashamed of his needs and situation. We found him finally, thanks to his friends. He was very excited to hear we will help him have his Bar-Mitzva".

Source(in Hebrew):Mynet.co.il

Why does Israel save the lives of Palestinians in their hospitals after they have attacked Israel?

Another emotional story comes from Lod, a poor teenage boy from the city of Lod wished to visit a synagogue, and was gifted by orthodox Jews- the ability to celebrate Bar Mitzva like all other children.

Kama Tov HaShem.

-----------------

Last Saturday, in the Aliya L'Torah, ceremony, a special boy could be seen standing on stage. He was given book and Teffilin, and that was not at all obvious, taking to mind the fact that he came from a very poor family, which could not afford having a party to celebrate his special day. The party was funded by the orthodox group of the city of Lod.

It all started when a group of boys entered the synagogue one day, just "to have a peek inside". One of the visitors began chatting with them, and then he understood one of the boys, coming from a needy family, reached 13 few days ago, but cannot afford to have a Bar-Mitzva ceremony.

The Jewish orthodoxia then got involved, brought the boy Tfillin and prayer book, and volunteered to help the needed family with food and cloths for the event and the long days passing.

The orthodox group took the boy "under their wings" and made sure to help him in his every-day difficulties. On stage, last week, stood the boy in the synagogue, having his Bar-Mitzvah, when his mother was watching from afar, crying.

"At the same day he came (to the synagogue) he told me he reached 13, but that he has no money for tfillin and his father's gone, and cannot teach him to pray" says one of the men responsible for the project. "We looked for him for days around the neighborhood but could not find him, since he gave us the wrong name, ashamed of his needs and situation. We found him finally, thanks to his friends. He was very excited to hear we will help him have his Bar-Mitzva".

Eh.....hua?

We had this discussion already, and It's hardly the issue.

well, i sure am confused. i reread the article twice looking or a connection. is the kid a palestinian jew?

this board is becomig a joke.

maybe the pro-palestinian posters should move to the clean debate zone and this board could be a "jews only" board.

Last edited:
Eh.....hua?

well, i sure am confused. i reread the article twice looking or a connection. is the kid a palestinian jew?

maybe the pro-palestinian posters should move to the clean debate zone and this board could be a "ews only" board.

I don't know what "ews" is:doubt:

That boy was Jewish. What makes you think I was speaking of a Palestinian boy?:cuckoo:

Eh.....hua?

maybe the pro-palestinian posters should move to the clean debate zone and this board could be a "ews only" board.

And maybe we can have a section only for Irish people to post while drunk on Whisky and discuss new methods of beating their wives :D

Eh.....hua?

I don't know what "ews" is:doubt:

That boy was Jewish. What makes you think I was speaking of a Palestinian boy?:cuckoo:

"ews" is a keyboard with a bad "j" key that is sensitive coupled with my carelessness and/or inability to catch it. i also have a bad "f" key.

you did not con"f"use me at all....lol...caught that one.

i went back and corrected it. thank you.

MJB did. i just couldn't imagine him trying to disrupt one of your posts.

Last edited:

Kama Tov HaShem.

-----------------

Seems like that would be a common thing in Israel. Lubavitch does it all over the world.

Juden logic....... only the "chosen people" can understand it........ :cool:

oh so logic is like calculus----muslims have trouble with it come to
think of it-----I never saw a muslim in calculus class HINDUS are the
very best mathematicians I like their cuisine too. -----but not all people do.

How did you manage in high school GEOMETRY sunni? ----or were you
still a KAFFIR then?

Kama Tov HaShem.

-----------------

Seems like that would be a common thing in Israel. Lubavitch does it all over the world.

Well. Adar is the month of Metnot L'evyonim, isn't it?

Eh.....hua?

maybe the pro-palestinian posters should move to the clean debate zone and this board could be a "jews only" board.

You mean like the NJA or no Israeli Arabs " Palestinian State"

Kama Tov HaShem.

-----------------

Sure...We give extra...Jews helping Jews should be continual...Especially when it comes to teaching and learning Torah....I remember when I first put on Tifflin which wasn't that long ago, as I did not grow religious. The Rabbi was as happy as I was because it is a Mitzvah for both of us.:cool:

Sure...We give extra...Jews helping Jews should be continual...Especially when it comes to teaching and learning Torah....I remember when I first put on Tifflin which wasn't that long ago, as I did not grow religious. The Rabbi was as happy as I was because it is a Mitzvah for both of us.:cool:

happy0148.gif

Forum List

Back