Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our Callow Commander-in-Chief

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
I wish we could just wake up from this nightmare called, Obama
sums him well in this article

SNIP:

It is at times like these, when he is pushed kicking and screaming into the crucible, that Obama’s callowness shows. For his supporters, that jejune, jocular air has been a plus for almost six years. For the rest of us, it has served as a liability and an irritation. Yesterday, it became a wholesale embarrassment.

On the perpetual-campaign trail, the pattern is familiar.

Trotting up to the podium, the president fist-bumps the audience’s stragglers and smiles a toothy and humble grin at those who catch his eye. While speaking, he responds to obsequy with obsequy — “I love you too!” he will tell admirers whose voices rise above the crowd’s — and greets the boos that his speechwriters have sought with faux-surprised entreaties “to vote.”
Thematically, his is a simple morality play, of one act and with one star. He is the prophet, illustrative of all that is good and great in the world; his critics antediluvian monsters. Regardless of the topic, the president sells himself as a common-sense-loving moderate patriot who manages at every juncture to insert himself in between the two extremes that are tearing the country apart, and who is adamantly opposed by a wicked, venal enemy that flatly refuses to relinquish its political prerogatives or constitutional claims.
In the early years, he stuck mostly to platitudes — to telling his side of the story. Now, he casts his own tale as one of opposition — the new kid in town who is hoping to shake things up in the back rooms of the saloon.

Obama is often caught on the back foot — more often than not being informed of the big political stories by the media and not by his staff. Still, given how quickly the rest of the world cottoned on to what had happened in Ukraine, it is difficult to believe that, when he stepped onto the stage in Delaware yesterday, he was incapable of changing his plans.

He did not. Instead, the president spent a grand total of 38 seconds on the downing of the plane, describing what he knew to have been an atrocity as a “tragedy” that “might” have happened, and then going back to slamming Republicans for refusing to agree with him on infrastructure spending, to joking with his adoring fans, and to suggesting that America needed to stop indulging in what the more traditional among us like to refer to as “politics.” It would, as David Freddoso observed, have been as if George W. Bush had continued to read “Why Daddy Is a Republican” after he had learned of the attacks on the Twin Towers.

all of it here:
Our Callow Commander-in-Chief | National Review Online

A few years ago, things like the IRS and Watergate II made King Obama a bit of a scary figure.

But the sad fact for him is that no one is scared of him anymore.

He's more pathetic than scary now.

What else would any reasonable mind expect from a hack non-leader? A narcissist who has the nerve to run for president with absolutely no leadership qualifications or experience. A hack who uses the presidency to gain enough leadership experience to become a substitute coach of a girls middle school basketball team. The most disturbing part is that he was elected twice. That is a frightening reflection of the lack of credibility of the American voter.

Was told 10:50 est......he shows up 25 minutes late and delivers the most watered down spineless speech I've ever heard from the mouth of a POTUS.
Even Jimmy Carter had more resolve and determination in his voice

pathetic

What else would any reasonable mind expect from a hack non-leader? A narcissist who has the nerve to run for president with absolutely no leadership qualifications or experience. A hack who uses the presidency to gain enough leadership experience to become a substitute coach of a girls middle school basketball team. The most disturbing part is that he was elected twice. That is a frightening reflection of the lack of credibility of the American voter.

That's incidentally also why when the Redcoats come marching back onto the East Coast to re-fight the battle of Valley Forge, it won't be George W. Bush's fault if they win.

A real leader accepts responsibility for his shortcomings.

Was told 10:50 est......he shows up 25 minutes late and delivers the most watered down spineless speech I've ever heard from the mouth of a POTUS.
Even Jimmy Carter had more resolve and determination in his voice

pathetic

The story of his life, always a day late and a dollar short.

I've heard this message before.

Oh yeah, I Forgot. It is, after all, an echo chamber.

Never mind.

Never mind.

He should have just totally ignored and been silent on a airliner crash and loss of 300 souls till he ALL the information. In fact, he should have stayed in the white house, and communicated with NO ONE until he was totally aware of all facts of everything!!!!

Never mind.

He should have just totally ignored and been silent on a airliner crash and loss of 300 souls till he ALL the information. In fact, he should have stayed in the white house, and communicated with NO ONE until he was totally aware of all facts of everything!!!!

Indeed.

But that is not what textbook narcissists do, see.

It's also incidentally why most people hate them. :D

I sort of thought it unfair that Bushii got ripped over continuing to read that book to the finish after being told of the initial 9-11 attack. What was he to do? Jump up and scream we're being attacked ... run, you fools.

But the title of the book being My Pet Goat was ..... surreal.

I sort of thought it unfair that Bushii got ripped over continuing to read that book to the finish after being told of the initial 9-11 attack. What was he to do? Jump up and scream we're being attacked ... run, you fools.

Yeah, some folks will complain about ANYTHING.
Happens all the time from both sides.

We just have to tune out all that noise

Yeah, some folks will complain about ANYTHING.
Happens all the time from both sides.

We just have to tune out all that noise

The difference is that the fat slobs on the Left like Michael Moore make "films" :)boohoo:) about their incessant complaining, and what's more, they typically for some reason think their pathetically pedestrian opinions are somehow more worthy of valid consideration by those in the once-hallowed halls of American academia than are those of the Right.

Forum List

Back