Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are down to ‘natural va

Why do you all act as if you just heard this idea? That changes in air movements were causing warmed water to be subducted has been the most widely accepted of causes for the hiatus for over a decade.

A hiatus ?

What happened to the "eight of the hottest years in the past decade" claims ?

Seriously, I am confused.
Total Bullshit.

Can you provide a link or an article.

I don't follow this that closely.

I tend to agree with scientists. They have a proven record of being right. Unlike the GOP.

He makes the claim that it was confirmed.

The article itself is somewhat circular and sheds no additional light on anything.

It shows that even skeptics acknowledge that there is a consensus.

I don't have a dog in this hunt.

I just looked at what was said.

There is certainly no valid claim for 97%.
Except from NASA.

Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Questions FAQ

Yes, the vast majority of climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change.

---------------------------

Must suck to be a Republican. Always wrong. No wonder they are always terrified.

The article itself is somewhat circular and sheds no additional light on anything.

Except from NASA.

Yes, the vast majority of climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change.

Must suck to be a Republican. Always wrong. No wonder they are always terrified.
Hmm, you're the one that appears scared seeing as you're talking about republicans when no one else is. 97%? A statement you can't ever prove. fact

I tend to agree with scientists. They have a proven record of being right. Unlike the GOP.
Another liberal showing its total ignorance on what is happening. Let me help a little with your ignorance..

A very good article was just posted over at WUWT...

I am a climate skeptic who believes in global warming

How the climate reacts to the initial warming is the main area where most skeptics have problems with the IPCC and others. These reactions are called “feedbacks”. Positive ones amplify any temperature change (warming or cooling from any cause, not just from CO2). Negative ones diminish a change. There are general agreements on the equations used to define the feedback strengths and how they are combined into one net temperature change multiplier that can be either greater or less than one. The major disagreements are the magnitudes of the feedback values and for clouds, even if it is positive or negative. The final IPCC warming estimates for doubling CO2 range from 1.5 to 4.5 C. The skeptics have no common voice, but their values range from about 0.5 to 1.2 C, a significant reduction. IPCC also uses a 1% annual growth of the CO2 content in the atmosphere, while data shows only about 0.55%. This increases CO2 doubling time from about 70 years to 140.

Excellent read and factually correct in most respects. I however, disagree with the reason there is no warming in our radiatively cooled atmosphere where CO2 can do nothing but enhance the negative feedback response.

Except from NASA.

s0n........that's been being used for 20 years now.........the 97%.......time to find a new #. Hasn't move the goalposts a single yard in terms of people caring.

So....kinda funny.........Republicans are on the side of winning in 2015!! Nobody is caring about the 97%!!!:coffee:

Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are down to ‘natural variability’, says study
  • Duke University study looked at 1,000 years of temperature records
  • It compared it to the most severe emissions scenarios by the IPCC
  • Found that natural variability can slow or speed the rate of warming
  • These 'climate wiggles' were not properly accounted for in IPCC report

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3052926/Our-climate-models-WRONG-Global-warming-slowed-recent-changes-natural-variability-says-study.html#ixzz3YBXCffjr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I predict about 1c of warming between now and 2100. ;) Yes, it will warm but 3-4c??? No way.

I think you're going to be freezing your little butt off in ten years!

You mean like the scientists here who are saying that your scientists aren't just wrong but catastrophically wrong? Those scientists?

Except from NASA.

Hmm, you're the one that appears scared seeing as you're talking about republicans when no one else is. 97%? A statement you can't ever prove. fact
I just did tool. Right off the NASA website.

You mean like the scientists here who are saying that your scientists aren't just wrong but catastrophically wrong? Those scientists?
I know you're not talking about Republican scientists. Since only six percent of scientists are Republican, that means HALF believe that man is causing climate change. Hilarious.

Except from NASA.

I just did tool. Right off the NASA website.
And pray tell so?

I know you're not talking about Republican scientists. Since only six percent of scientists are Republican, that means HALF believe that man is causing climate change. Hilarious.
What?

Dude, just supply a list of all the scientists in the world. I didn't know republicans were worldwide.

It's the other way round, based on three studies referred to by NASA plus another study from skeptics.

Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are down to ‘natural variability’, says study
  • Duke University study looked at 1,000 years of temperature records
  • It compared it to the most severe emissions scenarios by the IPCC
  • Found that natural variability can slow or speed the rate of warming
  • These 'climate wiggles' were not properly accounted for in IPCC report

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3052926/Our-climate-models-WRONG-Global-warming-slowed-recent-changes-natural-variability-says-study.html#ixzz3YBXCffjr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I predict about 1c of warming between now and 2100. ;) Yes, it will warm but 3-4c??? No way.

I think you're going to be freezing your little butt off in ten years!

The article claims otherwise.

Actually, the study referred to in the article doesn't do that. Read the article for details.

Actually, the study referred to in the article doesn't do that. Read the article for details.

It appears your the one who is reading impaired... or is it just your huge blinders?

Forum List

Back