Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are down to ‘natural va

Why do you all act as if you just heard this idea? That changes in air movements were causing warmed water to be subducted has been the most widely accepted of causes for the hiatus for over a decade.

In the order you asked....

States of Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky. Very similar climates Because I'm not 74 yet. Yes. Yeah...first hand information, such as the summer of 1954 when the mid-July temperature hit a forever high of 116 degrees and averaged over 100 degrees for about a week and a half. I was 12 years old and practically no one had air conditioning. My dad went out and purchased the first window fan we ever owned. Many people were sleeping in Forest Park at night...St. Louis' answer to N.Y. City's Central Park. My recollection pretty much coincides with any data on file.

How could I argue with that?

Well... perhaps like this:

910px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

Do you think your personal recollections are accurate to 0.6C over 73 years? That would require that you discern roughly 15 thousandths of a farenheit degree of average, annual warming every year.

Pardon me if I don't think you're up to it.

I don't need to be "up to it". I know what I have lived through. I mentioned the 116 degree day in 1954. Seems I was wrong this article say it only got up to 115 at the airport.

A look back On July 14 1954 residents fought a battle to survive the hottest day in recorded history here News

Then there was the largest snow EVER in St. Louis...beginning Jan. 31, 1982 and continuing off and on for 3 or 4 more days into February causing me and the wife and my two boys to hand shovel 25 inches off my gravel tenth of a mile long driveway because I refused to pay the snow plow guy $250 who didn't make after the first 15 inches on Sunday, the 31st.

Snow of 1982 buried much of metro area for days News

Those two events stick out.

In the order you asked....

States of Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky. Very similar climates Because I'm not 74 yet. Yes. Yeah...first hand information, such as the summer of 1954 when the mid-July temperature hit a forever high of 116 degrees and averaged over 100 degrees for about a week and a half. I was 12 years old and practically no one had air conditioning. My dad went out and purchased the first window fan we ever owned. Many people were sleeping in Forest Park at night...St. Louis' answer to N.Y. City's Central Park. My recollection pretty much coincides with any data on file.

How could I argue with that?

Well... perhaps like this:

910px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

Do you think your personal recollections are accurate to 0.6C over 73 years? That would require that you discern roughly 15 thousandths of a farenheit degree of average, annual warming every year.

Pardon me if I don't think you're up to it.

I don't need to be "up to it". I know what I have lived through. I mentioned the 116 degree day in 1954. Seems I was wrong this article say it only got up to 115 at the airport.

A look back On July 14 1954 residents fought a battle to survive the hottest day in recorded history here News

Then there was the largest snow EVER in St. Louis...beginning Jan. 31, 1982 and continuing off and on for 3 or 4 more days into February causing me and the wife and my two boys to hand shovel 25 inches off my gravel tenth of a mile long driveway because I refused to pay the snow plow guy $250 who didn't make after the first 15 inches on Sunday, the 31st.

Snow of 1982 buried much of metro area for days News

Those two events stick out.

Er, um that's weather not climate unless its being used to support climate change then it's climate

Whooooa Matthew. Gonna piss of a handful of folks in this forum!!! The stampede's a 'comin!!! Shit like this results in genuine mental meltdowns amongst the hardcore k00ks who promote only THEIR science.

And my science covers 73 years of actually going outside into the "CLIMATE" and finding some "perfect" years, some "not so perfect" (too hot or too cold or too much rain or too much snow or not enough rain or snow), some years being too cold during the summer, some years being too hot during the summer, some years with practically no incredibly cold winter weather, some years with no brilliant fall colors and some with brilliant falls colors.

AND IT ALL AVERAGES OUT TO NORMAL GLOBAL TEMPERATURES IN MY PART OF THE WORLD OVER THOSE 73 FREAKING YEARS.

Your part of the world <> the world.

You cannot even get that basic point right. Another one for my ignore list.

Why do you all act as if you just heard this idea? That changes in air movements were causing warmed water to be subducted has been the most widely accepted of causes for the hiatus for over a decade.

A hiatus ?

What happened to the "eight of the hottest years in the past decade" claims ?

Seriously, I am confused.

Slowed. Not slowed. Maybe slowed. Sometimes slowed. Really didn't slow.:wtf:

In the bigger picture........its just not important. The people have decided that its a product of natural variation one way or another. Without a significant weather anomaly, the dynamic isn't going to change.

A heat wave? Not going to do it......people have seen these their whole life.:tongue-44:

Big hurricane or two? Not going to do it......people have seen these their whole life.:tongue-44:

Massive polar vortex's? We know they've been seeing alot of these lately. :tongue-44:

The point is.........only the committed AGW folks = a very small sliver of the population...........think a blob in the Pacific ocean is something to freak out about. The rest of the folks are heading to Starbucks to pick up WiFi on their iStoopidphones. We know with 100% certainty that they are not ready to fork over an extra 50 cent/gallon tax to stave off shit they've been seeing their whole life!!! Most people think that would be pretty damn stoopid and they'd be right. Lets face it......a huge majority of people know that pills that grow your dick are BS..........same dynamic here. People like their big cars. They like their gas grills. They like their air conditioning. They like light bulbs lighting their homes. They like their heating systems that are reliable.

Guess what?

They are not going to punt on that stuff because a handful of scientists are making a guess that the temperature might rise an extra degree.:spinner:

And think about it............people are flocking to Florida from the northeast every year......they've seen the doomsday predictions by k00k scientists that Florida is going to be under water in 25 years. People laugh at that shit!!!:itsok:

Skook was one of our agents once. We sent him to infiltrate a denier cult ritual. You can see the results. We've stopped sending people, not wanting to lose any more of them to whatever unspeakable perversions the deniers use to lure in new cultists.

Do we have some guesses? Yes. The prevailing theory is that the denier cult initiation ritual involves both castration and a lobotomy, along with heavy substance abuse. Rumors, however, speak of some darker ritual involving the worship of some extradimensional shambling thing.

A hiatus ?

What happened to the "eight of the hottest years in the past decade" claims ?

Seriously, I am confused.
Total Bullshit.

Whooooa Matthew. Gonna piss of a handful of folks in this forum!!! The stampede's a 'comin!!! Shit like this results in genuine mental meltdowns amongst the hardcore k00ks who promote only THEIR science.

And my science covers 73 years of actually going outside into the "CLIMATE" and finding some "perfect" years, some "not so perfect" (too hot or too cold or too much rain or too much snow or not enough rain or snow), some years being too cold during the summer, some years being too hot during the summer, some years with practically no incredibly cold winter weather, some years with no brilliant fall colors and some with brilliant falls colors.

AND IT ALL AVERAGES OUT TO NORMAL GLOBAL TEMPERATURES IN MY PART OF THE WORLD OVER THOSE 73 FREAKING YEARS.

Your part of the world <> the world.

You cannot even get that basic point right. Another one for my ignore list.

The point is...you SoB's don't have a fucking clue. Neither do the liberal science scammers, scientists and algore alike.

Skook was one of our agents once. We sent him to infiltrate a denier cult ritual. You can see the results. We've stopped sending people, not wanting to lose any more of them to whatever unspeakable perversions the deniers use to lure in new cultists.

Do we have some guesses? Yes. The prevailing theory is that the denier cult initiation ritual involves both castration and a lobotomy, along with heavy substance abuse. Rumors, however, speak of some darker ritual involving the worship of some extradimensional shambling thing.

LOL.....love being a "cultist"!!!!:disbelief:

Gallup: Concern About Environment Down – Americans Worry Least About Global Warming
March 25, 2015 - 11:11 AM

Gallup Concern About Environment Down Americans Worry Least About Global Warming CNS News

Im laughing..........who looks like a miserable feminist bulldog now?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::gay:

Some say that the denier cultists are seeking to transform the earth into a realm more similar to that of their alien masters. We can quash denier influence where we find it, but ancient evil is a hydra with a thousand heads. There will always be more.

Think about it. Zander loudly blames earthquakes on global warming. Skook thinks every weather event is due to global warming. Nobody can actual be that stupid. Unless they're pod people.

He makes the claim that it was confirmed.

The article itself is somewhat circular and sheds no additional light on anything.

It shows that even skeptics acknowledge that there is a consensus.

I don't have a dog in this hunt.

I just looked at what was said.

There is certainly no valid claim for 97%.

Forum List

Back