🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our Obligation.

The obligation of We, The People to care for the truly incapable and the lazy. :eusa_think:

:dunno: Do The People at large have an obligation to care for those who can't or won't care for themselves?
Yes. Absolutely not.
Those are 2 VERY different situations.

Agreed.

But it might have a negative effect on tourism if we just leave the the lazy beg in the streets, eh?

We should have the folks who can't get a doctor's note plea their case on YouTube and let their peers decide what their disability is worth on a monthly stipend. :thup:

The obligation of We, The People to care for the truly incapable and the lazy. :eusa_think:

:dunno: Do The People at large have an obligation to care for those who can't or won't care for themselves?
We have a humane obligation to the disabled, the elderly, the VETS, the handicapped, children, the homeless, the poor and needy, the less fortunate, and in some cases, the unemployed. We are a civil and humane people that takes care of our fellow man. We have homeless families that include small children, we have disabled VETS, we have elderly that can't take care of themselves, we have many disabled and those with other severe handicaps. We can't just turn our backs to them and let them starve to death, eat out of trash cans and dumpsters, and go without medical attention when needed. Yes, we are obligated. We're not a heartless and barbaric people.

Also, we have to consider mental conditions that prevent some from being productive members of society. And, we have those that simply have a very low IQ that can't be self-supporting. There are many reasons why people need help. Everyone is not blessed the same, nor afforded the same opportunities in life. Civilized man does not abandon his own.
There is also the lesson of the French Revolution. If a government allows too many people to go hungry and acts as if it does not care the elite may find themselves trying to be rich and powerful without their heads.

How'd that work out for them?

You really have no clue, do you?

That's what I thought

As I recall, The French Revolution is generally considered to be one of the first Liberal success stories, with The American Revolution and The United States Constitution rounding out the top three.

My humble opinion: Nothing has done more for the middle class of planet Earth than those three events.

Anyone who thinks he has an obligation to help homeless and disabled people is free to send money to homeless and disabled people.
Libs love to proclaim their moral superiority by pushing for other people to pay for their moral choices.
What about disabled VETS, the elderly, homeless children, the handicapped, and those with some type of disability aside from our VETS?
They will apprecviate your contributions too.
I'm sure they will. And, I don't mind helping them. It's the humane thing to do. I have a heart.
You're a fine American. Be sure to post how much you sent and to whom you sent it.
Why should I post that information? What difference would it make if I did post it? Does it really matter? Besides, I pay my taxes, which also helps through government sponsored assistance programs. Basically, we all pay through our taxes. No shame in that. We're a civil and humane people.
The problem is, it is neither civil, nor humane. Compassion is not measured by how much money is thrown at a problem.

What about disabled VETS, the elderly, homeless children, the handicapped, and those with some type of disability aside from our VETS?
I'm sure they will. And, I don't mind helping them. It's the humane thing to do. I have a heart.
You're a fine American. Be sure to post how much you sent and to whom you sent it.
Why should I post that information? What difference would it make if I did post it? Does it really matter? Besides, I pay my taxes, which also helps through government sponsored assistance programs. Basically, we all pay through our taxes. No shame in that. We're a civil and humane people.
The problem is, it is neither civil, nor humane. Compassion is not measured by how much money is thrown at a problem.
But it takes money to help them. And, I totally disagree. In my opinion, it is civil and humane.

But it takes money to help them. And, I totally disagree. In my opinion, it is civil and humane.
No, it doesn't. Self esteem is earned, not given and help comes in hundreds of forms other than money.

What people need is independence from government. They need the dignity of self sustaining themselves. There is nothing more compassionate than giving someone an opportunity to be self sufficient.

People have hard times, there is no doubt about that. However, fostering dependence upon government is not compassion.

If you really feel a need to help, then help by giving them training. Help by placing them in infrastructure jobs while they take their monetary aid. Have them do border work. Teach them how to maintain a park. The list is literally, thousands of possibilities long.

People need to learn what true compassion really is.

We know what progressive compassion is, and we can ill afford any more of it.

No, it doesn't. Self esteem is earned, not given and help comes in hundreds of forms other than money.

What people need is independence from government. They need the dignity of self sustaining themselves. There is nothing more compassionate than giving someone an opportunity to be self sufficient.

People have hard times, there is no doubt about that. However, fostering dependence upon government is not compassion.

If you really feel a need to help, then help by giving them training. Help by placing them in infrastructure jobs while they take their monetary aid. Have them do border work. Teach them how to maintain a park. The list is literally, thousands of possibilities long.

Obviously we disagree on this issue. There are so many people that can't help themselves. Many are children. Many are elderly. Many are disabled VETS. Many have severe handicaps. It takes money, and people helping people. We are not an animalistic and barbaric people. We'll agree to disagree on this issue. I stand by everything that I've said, and will not change my mind. I have a heart for those less fortunate. I understand what being helpless and dependent is.

The Preamble to the Constitution has no meaning in law.

While it has been referenced on occasion, it is only when an Amendment is cited by the SCOTUS for its ruling.

The Preamble is meaningless drivel used to explain the reason for the document and only morons cite it.

Which is almost exclusively libturds

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States
OK, is there ANYTHING that government cannot do that might "promote the general welfare"?

Obviously we disagree on this issue. There are so many people that can't help themselves. Many are children. Many are elderly. Many are disabled VETS. Many have severe handicaps. It takes money, and people helping people. We are not an animalistic and barbaric people. We'll agree to disagree on this issue. I stand by everything that I've said, and will not change my mind. I have a heart for those less fortunate. I understand what being helpless and dependent is.
Bullshit.
While there are some people legitimately who cannot work that is not the vast majority fo thsoe receiving assistance. The vast majority are capable of doing jobs. Of course with the cost to employ people being sky high they arent likely to get any.

Yes, we do disagree. I happen to think it is barbaric to deliberately foster dependence in a society. When nearly 40% of a society will starve to death without some form of aid from a government, clearly that society is enslaved. For if they do not continue on paying the dealer, they die.

Nothing is more barbaric.

As for VETS, helpless children, and the disabled...that is the ONLY obligation that society has to others through the use of government.

The problem is.......people don't stop at that.

As I said. This country can ill afford anymore compassion from the progressives.

We have a humane obligation to the disabled, the elderly, the VETS, the handicapped, children, the homeless, the poor and needy, the less fortunate, and in some cases, the unemployed. We are a civil and humane people that takes care of our fellow man. We have homeless families that include small children, we have disabled VETS, we have elderly that can't take care of themselves, we have many disabled and those with other severe handicaps. We can't just turn our backs to them and let them starve to death, eat out of trash cans and dumpsters, and go without medical attention when needed. Yes, we are obligated. We're not a heartless and barbaric people.

Also, we have to consider mental conditions that prevent some from being productive members of society. And, we have those that simply have a very low IQ that can't be self-supporting. There are many reasons why people need help. Everyone is not blessed the same, nor afforded the same opportunities in life. Civilized man does not abandon his own.
There is also the lesson of the French Revolution. If a government allows too many people to go hungry and acts as if it does not care the elite may find themselves trying to be rich and powerful without their heads.

How'd that work out for them?

You really have no clue, do you?

That's what I thought

As I recall, The French Revolution is generally considered to be one of the first Liberal success stories, with The American Revolution and The United States Constitution rounding out the top three.

My humble opinion: Nothing has done more for the middle class of planet Earth than those three events.
The French revolution wrote the language of anti-monarchy revolution for the western world. We did it first but the philosophy of revolution did not become part of our national identity as it still is in France.

While it has been referenced on occasion, it is only when an Amendment is cited by the SCOTUS for its ruling.

The Preamble is meaningless drivel used to explain the reason for the document and only morons cite it.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States
OK, is there ANYTHING that government cannot do that might "promote the general welfare"?
Absolutely NOT !!!! The government has the power and authority to act on behalf of the people, for the best interests of the people. They are the power and authority, period.

Bullshit.
While there are some people legitimately who cannot work that is not the vast majority fo thsoe receiving assistance. The vast majority are capable of doing jobs. Of course with the cost to employ people being sky high they arent likely to get any.
I'd love to see those numbers. Would you happen to have them handy? So, of all the people, including children, that need help, most are able to help themselves? Please provide those numbers and data, if you don't mind. Since you claim it's "Bullshit", I'm sure that you have all the facts and figures to support that claim. Looking forward to the numbers. Thanks.

Absolutely NOT !!!! The government has the power and authority to act on behalf of the people, for the best interests of the people. They are the power and authority, period.
OK that's simply wrong.
This is a government of limited powers. That is the framework of the Constitution, that the federal government cannot do everything.
You should have known that from the start. Why you dont I am not certain. It isnt my opinion. It isnt the view of Rush Limbaugh. It isnt something the Tea Party Movement invented. It is simply the truth and the way cases are decided in the Supreme Court.

Yes, we do disagree. I happen to think it is barbaric to deliberately foster dependence in a society. When nearly 40% of a society will starve to death without some form of aid from a government, clearly that society is enslaved. For if they do not continue on paying the dealer, they die.

Nothing is more barbaric.

As for VETS, helpless children, and the disabled...that is the ONLY obligation that society has to others through the use of government.

The problem is.......people don't stop at that.

As I said. This country can ill afford anymore compassion from the progressives.
I respect your right to express your opinion. Thanks for doing so.

Bullshit.
I'd love to see those numbers. Would you happen to have them handy? So, of all the people, including children, that need help, most are able to help themselves? Please provide those numbers and data, if you don't mind. Since you claim it's "Bullshit", I'm sure that you have all the facts and figures to support that claim. Looking forward to the numbers. Thanks.
Show that it isnt so. People get on disability for all sorts of things. Diabetes and overwheight are leading causes. Tell me people cant lose weight and go get a job.

OK that's simply wrong.
This is a government of limited powers. That is the framework of the Constitution, that the federal government cannot do everything.
You should have known that from the start. Why you dont I am not certain. It isnt my opinion. It isnt the view of Rush Limbaugh. It isnt something the Tea Party Movement invented. It is simply the truth and the way cases are decided in the Supreme Court.
Wrong. How many times has the Constitution been changed, added to, and/or amended ? The government can do as they wish, including amending the Constitution. Government is the only thing that can limit government. The Supreme Court does what the Constitution says do, nothing more. They interpret the Constitution. Congress can change the Constitution, and they have done so in the past.

Bullshit.
Show that it isnt so. People get on disability for all sorts of things. Diabetes and overwheight are leading causes. Tell me people cant lose weight and go get a job.
Go back and read my many comments to this post ( thread ). I have repeatedly stated children, the elderly, disabled VETS, the handicapped, etc. etc. etc. Go read and see if you can find any reference to obesity. Go read and see if you can find any reference to diabetes. READ, READ, READ. Please do not inject what I didn't say, and claim that I either said it or implied it. Thanks.

OK that's simply wrong.
Wrong. How many times has the Constitution been changed, added to, and/or amended ? The government can do as they wish, including amending the Constitution. Government is the only thing that can limit government. The Supreme Court does what the Constitution says do, nothing more. They interpret the Constitution. Congress can change the Constitution, and they have done so in the past.
I am sorry. If you do not know that this is a government of enumerated powers and their powers are limited then you are hopelessly ignorant and too fucking stupid to deal with any more.

Bullshit.
Go back and read my many comments to this post ( thread ). I have repeatedly stated children, the elderly, disabled VETS, the handicapped, etc. etc. etc. Go read and see if you can find any reference to obesity. Go read and see if you can find any reference to diabetes. READ, READ, READ. Please do not inject what I didn't say, and claim that I either said it or implied it. Thanks.
Obesity is considered a handicap, Einstein.

*emphasis added*
WTF?
The government derives it's power from the people.
It only has as much power as we allow it to have.
Apparently, you want it to have ALL of it

Forum List

Back