🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our Obligation.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States
OK, is there ANYTHING that government cannot do that might "promote the general welfare"?
Absolutely NOT !!!! The government has the power and authority to act on behalf of the people, for the best interests of the people. They are the power and authority, period.
OK that's simply wrong.
This is a government of limited powers. That is the framework of the Constitution, that the federal government cannot do everything.
You should have known that from the start. Why you dont I am not certain. It isnt my opinion. It isnt the view of Rush Limbaugh. It isnt something the Tea Party Movement invented. It is simply the truth and the way cases are decided in the Supreme Court.
Wrong. How many times has the Constitution been changed, added to, and/or amended ? The government can do as they wish, including amending the Constitution. Government is the only thing that can limit government. The Supreme Court does what the Constitution says do, nothing more. They interpret the Constitution. Congress can change the Constitution, and they have done so in the past.
I am sorry. If you do not know that this is a government of enumerated powers and their powers are limited then you are hopelessly ignorant and too fucking stupid to deal with any more.
WOW !!! GEE !!! Oh, so you think that the government can't amend the Constitution? Please do some research, seems you could benefit from it. And, your childish and silly name calling doesn't make you look good, nor does it make you right. Grow up. Try to be mature and conduct adult and civil conversations. Thanks. FYI - How many times has the Constitution been amended, and who amended it? RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH.

The Preamble to the Constitution has no meaning in law.

While it has been referenced on occasion, it is only when an Amendment is cited by the SCOTUS for its ruling.

The Preamble is meaningless drivel used to explain the reason for the document and only morons cite it.

Which is almost exclusively libturds

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States
OK, is there ANYTHING that government cannot do that might "promote the general welfare"?
Absolutely NOT !!!! The government has the power and authority to act on behalf of the people, for the best interests of the people. They are the power and authority, period.
*emphasis added*
WTF?
The government derives it's power from the people.
It only has as much power as we allow it to have.
Apparently, you want it to have ALL of it
FYI - The UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. "THE PEOPLE" lost their power decades ago. We've allowed it become an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. No, I do NOT want it to have all of the power. I want "THE PEOPLE TO HVAE THE POWER". But, we've given up that power over the years. That's exactly why this nation is in the sad shame state that it's presently in.

The obligation of We, The People to care for the truly incapable and the lazy. :eusa_think:

:dunno: Do The People at large have an obligation to care for those who can't or won't care for themselves?

When it comes to need, there are two groups of people. The can't work group/those that didn't cause their own bad situation and the won't work group/those whose actions are the sole cause of their situation. While I don't have a problem helping the former, I'll walk past the latter.

Obviously we disagree on this issue. There are so many people that can't help themselves. Many are children. Many are elderly. Many are disabled VETS. Many have severe handicaps. It takes money, and people helping people. We are not an animalistic and barbaric people. We'll agree to disagree on this issue. I stand by everything that I've said, and will not change my mind. I have a heart for those less fortunate. I understand what being helpless and dependent is.
Bullshit.
While there are some people legitimately who cannot work that is not the vast majority fo thsoe receiving assistance. The vast majority are capable of doing jobs. Of course with the cost to employ people being sky high they arent likely to get any.
I'd love to see those numbers. Would you happen to have them handy? So, of all the people, including children, that need help, most are able to help themselves? Please provide those numbers and data, if you don't mind. Since you claim it's "Bullshit", I'm sure that you have all the facts and figures to support that claim. Looking forward to the numbers. Thanks.
Show that it isnt so. People get on disability for all sorts of things. Diabetes and overwheight are leading causes. Tell me people cant lose weight and go get a job.
Go back and read my many comments to this post ( thread ). I have repeatedly stated children, the elderly, disabled VETS, the handicapped, etc. etc. etc. Go read and see if you can find any reference to obesity. Go read and see if you can find any reference to diabetes. READ, READ, READ. Please do not inject what I didn't say, and claim that I either said it or implied it. Thanks.
Obesity is considered a handicap, Einstein.
In some rare cases, I would imagine so. But, what percentage of those that I mentioned are disabled due to being obese? Does a few obese mean no help for anyone that needs it? *** Please make some effort to be civil and mature if you would like to have a conversation and discuss issues. Thanks. The name calling and slurs are uncalled for and prove nothing. Rather silly and childish.

OK that's simply wrong.
This is a government of limited powers. That is the framework of the Constitution, that the federal government cannot do everything.
You should have known that from the start. Why you dont I am not certain. It isnt my opinion. It isnt the view of Rush Limbaugh. It isnt something the Tea Party Movement invented. It is simply the truth and the way cases are decided in the Supreme Court.
Wrong. How many times has the Constitution been changed, added to, and/or amended ? The government can do as they wish, including amending the Constitution. Government is the only thing that can limit government. The Supreme Court does what the Constitution says do, nothing more. They interpret the Constitution. Congress can change the Constitution, and they have done so in the past.
I am sorry. If you do not know that this is a government of enumerated powers and their powers are limited then you are hopelessly ignorant and too fucking stupid to deal with any more.
WOW !!! GEE !!! Oh, so you think that the government can't amend the Constitution? Please do some research, seems you could benefit from it. And, your childish and silly name calling doesn't make you look good, nor does it make you right. Grow up. Try to be mature and conduct adult and civil conversations. Thanks. FYI - How many times has the Constitution been amended, and who amended it? RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH.
The intent is that only "the people" can amend the Constitution. In point of fact, the Court amend it by simply "re-interpreting" it.

The obligation of We, The People to care for the truly incapable and the lazy. :eusa_think:

:dunno: Do The People at large have an obligation to care for those who can't or won't care for themselves?

That isn't the question. The question is do you pass the buck or do you help people yourself?

OK that's simply wrong.
The intent is that only "the people" can amend the Constitution. In point of fact, the Court amend it by simply "re-interpreting" it.
"THE PEOPLE" do not get a vote on the floors of Congress. THE PEOPLE depend on representatives to conduct business concerning the Constitution. Yes, as I have already stated, the Supreme Court interprets the Constitution. Go back and read where I have already stated that fact.

We have a humane obligation to the disabled, the elderly, the VETS, the handicapped, children, the homeless, the poor and needy, the less fortunate, and in some cases, the unemployed. We are a civil and humane people that takes care of our fellow man. We have homeless families that include small children, we have disabled VETS, we have elderly that can't take care of themselves, we have many disabled and those with other severe handicaps. We can't just turn our backs to them and let them starve to death, eat out of trash cans and dumpsters, and go without medical attention when needed. Yes, we are obligated. We're not a heartless and barbaric people.

Also, we have to consider mental conditions that prevent some from being productive members of society. And, we have those that simply have a very low IQ that can't be self-supporting. There are many reasons why people need help. Everyone is not blessed the same, nor afforded the same opportunities in life. Civilized man does not abandon his own.

I'm not obligated to do a damn thing to a level you determine for me.

Interesting you mention mental conditions. My brother is a postal carrier. I remember him telling me about a younger male that lived at a government apartment complex where he delivered. He said the resident would strike up a conversation when he delivered the mail. My brother said he asked the person one day if he worked. The man told him he couldn't work because the medicine he took for his mental issue kept him confused and unable to concentrate. My brother said he found it interesting that this person was always the first one at the mailbox and didn't seem confused when it came time to come get his check.

That isn't the question. The question is do you pass the buck or do you help people yourself?
I don't have a problem helping someone where I see a valid need. My problem lies with bleeding heart Liberals thinking it's their place to determine for me who and to what level I should help.

We help others by doing it ourselves, through charities, through our tax dollars, and through churches and other religious groups. We help in many ways. There are people that go from house to house making sure the elderly are fed. Churches cook meals and deliver them to the needy. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts do community work for the disabled and handicapped. We have businesses that collect clothing and other donations, them distribute them to those less fortunate. We help in many ways. We are a civil and humane people.

We have a humane obligation to the disabled, the elderly, the VETS, the handicapped, children, the homeless, the poor and needy, the less fortunate, and in some cases, the unemployed. We are a civil and humane people that takes care of our fellow man. We have homeless families that include small children, we have disabled VETS, we have elderly that can't take care of themselves, we have many disabled and those with other severe handicaps. We can't just turn our backs to them and let them starve to death, eat out of trash cans and dumpsters, and go without medical attention when needed. Yes, we are obligated. We're not a heartless and barbaric people.

Also, we have to consider mental conditions that prevent some from being productive members of society. And, we have those that simply have a very low IQ that can't be self-supporting. There are many reasons why people need help. Everyone is not blessed the same, nor afforded the same opportunities in life. Civilized man does not abandon his own.

Interesting you mention mental conditions. My brother is a postal carrier. I remember him telling me about a younger male that lived at a government apartment complex where he delivered. He said the resident would strike up a conversation when he delivered the mail. My brother said he asked the person one day if he worked. The man told him he couldn't work because the medicine he took for his mental issue kept him confused and unable to concentrate. My brother said he found it interesting that this person was always the first one at the mailbox and didn't seem confused when it came time to come get his check.
That was the observation of your brother, and his opinion. Your brother was a mail carrier and not a doctor. Your brother was guessing that the young man was able to do more, he had no way of knowing whether he was or not. Mail carriers are not qualified to determine disabilities, handicaps, mental issues, nor trauma from a life experience.

The Preamble to the Constitution has no meaning in law.

While it has been referenced on occasion, it is only when an Amendment is cited by the SCOTUS for its ruling.

The Preamble is meaningless drivel used to explain the reason for the document and only morons cite it.

Which is almost exclusively libturds

*emphasis added*
WTF?
The government derives it's power from the people.
It only has as much power as we allow it to have.
Apparently, you want it to have ALL of it
FYI - The UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. "THE PEOPLE" lost their power decades ago. We've allowed it become an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. No, I do NOT want it to have all of the power. I want "THE PEOPLE TO HVAE THE POWER". But, we've given up that power over the years. That's exactly why this nation is in the sad shame state that it's presently in.
Thankyou for clarifying

Feed / Don't feed. :dunno: Spend / Don't spend.

Give a hungry man a fish / Make him get his own fucking fish.​

Very few posts about collective spending to teach her how to fish.

Sad face :(

Education.
Education.
Education.
Take the keys to your Starship and fly, Monkeys. Fly!

That was the observation of your brother, and his opinion. Your brother was a mail carrier and not a doctor. Your brother was guessing that the young man was able to do more, he had no way of knowing whether he was or not. Mail carriers are not qualified to determine disabilities, handicaps, mental issues, nor trauma from a life experience.

My brother saw the direct opposite of what this leech said he couldn't do. You don't have to be a doctor to tell someone is lying and using the system. People like you that want to allow abuse are the problem. It's people like you that want money I'VE earned taken so that leech can not work. You're the problem and I suspect it's the mental issue of being a Liberal that causes it.

I see people in the grocery store using EBT to buy food then, in separate transactions, use cash to buy beer and cigarettes. I don't have to be an accountant to know if they have that cash, they can buy their own fucking food or get some idiot like that believes they don't have any money to buy it for them.

Forum List

Back