Our Universe Is Not As Special As Previously Thought -- Scientists Make Shocking Discovery

Jessica123

VIP Member
May 3, 2018
Our Universe Is Not As Special As Previously Thought -- Scientists Make Shocking Discovery

By Cathy Zhang
May 28, 2018 7:07 pm Last Updated: May 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Our universe is not as special as previously thought, according to new research.

A team of scientists from the UK and Australia studying “dark energy,” the mysterious force accelerating the expansion of the universe, found that varying amounts of dark energy can support life—a conclusion that goes against currently held views on the issue, and opens up the possibly that a Multiverse, if it exists, could be hospitable to life.

Current theories posit that our universe has just the right amount of dark energy to support life. Any more would cause a rapid expansion leading to the breakdown of matter before life could be formed.

However, the new study suggests that variations in the amount of dark energy only have a modest impact on star and planet formation, meaning that the conditions for support life are not as narrow as previously thought.
More:
Our Universe Is Not As Special As Previously Thought — Scientists Make Shocking Discovery

If there's unlimited number of universes within the multiverse does each one have its own god? Or is there just one?

By Cathy Zhang

Our universe is not as special as previously thought, according to new research.

A team of scientists from the UK and Australia studying “dark energy,” the mysterious force accelerating the expansion of the universe, found that varying amounts of dark energy can support life—a conclusion that goes against currently held views on the issue, and opens up the possibly that a Multiverse, if it exists, could be hospitable to life.

Current theories posit that our universe has just the right amount of dark energy to support life. Any more would cause a rapid expansion leading to the breakdown of matter before life could be formed.

However, the new study suggests that variations in the amount of dark energy only have a modest impact on star and planet formation, meaning that the conditions for support life are not as narrow as previously thought.
More:
Our Universe Is Not As Special As Previously Thought — Scientists Make Shocking Discovery

If there's unlimited number of universes within the multiverse does each one have its own god? Or is there just one?

I'm betting a lot of people are going to ignore this, or call it fake news.

By Cathy Zhang

More:

I'm betting a lot of people are going to ignore this, or call it fake news.
It's called science fiction.

By Cathy Zhang

More:

I guess that depends on which religion you are talking about, in Hinduism we have we have concepts of gods and goddesses presiding over infinite number of universes.

There is nothing, of which I'm aware, in current physics that precludes a 'multiverse'. However, it's kind of moot point in that we don't have the ability to determine one way or another.

th

Is this a discussion about the possibility of multiuniverses or a discussion about God?

If it's the latter then the OP should request it be placed in the Religion and Ethics section of the forum.

*****SMILE*****

:)

By Cathy Zhang

More:

Dear Jessica123
Or we can look at it this way:
If there are that many more infinite variations of universes,
doesn't that make each of us as individuals even MORE special, ie times infinity?

By Cathy Zhang

More:

Gosh I hate science writers. They universally suck. This is ALL theory. It ain't real. And, more to the point, for at least the next 100 years or so it can't even be tested empirically. Thus it is nothing more than imagination. That being said the theory of the multiverse is a very old one cosmologically speaking so there is nothing new there either.

However, it's kind of moot point in that we don't have the ability to determine one way or another.
It's not moot, because we only can't test the idea yet.

th

So it's 'scientific' flying spaghetti monster that you can neither prove nor disprove and this untestable belief is to magically disprove God exists.

*****CHUCKLE*****

So it's 'scientific' flying spaghetti monster that you can neither prove nor disprove and this untestable belief is to magically disprove God exists.
Well, i am not so sure that qualifies as English, but I think you're trying to say that *I* am claiming this idea would have a bearing on the existence of gods. Allow me to clarify:

No discovery or knowledge will ever have any bearing on the question of whether or not gods exist, nor do I care even to address the question. If gods do exist.... great.

Moving on... it is only a scientific idea, if it can be tested somehow. As of now, its only the physics and mathematics theory.

There is as much evidence to support a multi-verse as there is to support the theory that the universe exists in the eyeball of a unicorn. However, it could be true. Prove it's not true. ;)

On another note, who or what created all of those multi-verses? Did they create themselves?

There is as much evidence to support a multi-verse as there is to support the theory that the universe exists in the eyeball of a unicorn. However, it could be true. Prove it's not true. ;)

On another note, who or what created all of those multi-verses? Did they create themselves?
Read in another thread about Chaos creating Order.

Well, i am not so sure that qualifies as English, but I think you're trying to say that *I* am claiming this idea would have a bearing on the existence of gods. Allow me to clarify:

No discovery or knowledge will ever have any bearing on the question of whether or not gods exist, nor do I care even to address the question. If gods do exist.... great.

Moving on... it is only a scientific idea, if it can be tested somehow. As of now, its only the physics and mathematics theory.
th

Then why are you here?

The OP initiated the discussion with a inquiry about God and the multiuniverse.

*****SMILE*****

There is as much evidence to support a multi-verse as there is to support the theory that the universe exists in the eyeball of a unicorn.

Incorrect. Theoretical evidence, while not empirical, is still evidence. While it is not sufficient evidence to declare something empirically or objectively true it is still evidence. That is why we knew, for instance, to look for DNA in a double helix design. If what you said we're true (it isn't), then we would still be searching for it as we would not know at all what shape it took.

"Who or what created them?"

Nobody knows, and that includes you.

Forum List

Back