Owners Of Burned California Diving Boat Say They Owe Nothing To Victims' Families

Owners Of Burned California Diving Boat Say They Owe Nothing To Victims' Families

Ah, actually this is going to be determined in court, furthermore if you read on you will see that the Titanic is being referenced

The owners of the commercial diving boat that erupted into flames during a Labor Day weekend accident off the coast of Southern California are now seeking to avoid payouts to the families of the 34 people who died onboard.

On Thursday, Glen and Dana Fritzler of Truth Aquatics, which owned the now-destroyed Conception, filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, arguing they shouldn’t owe a single cent for the tragedy, the Associated Press reported.

The Fritzlers are attempting to make their case by using the Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Act of 1851, a statute frequently used in waterway accidents. The couple has requested that the judge either waive their financial liability or adjust it to the boat’s post-fire value ― in this case, $0.

The law was most famously used by the shipping company White Star Lines after the 1912 Titanic disaster during which more than 1,500 passengers were killed on the ship’s maiden voyage. In that instance, the company’s liability was evaluated at $92,000, which equaled the worth of the surviving lifeboats.
I don’t know the particulars of the contract the guest signed.
As if anyone would sign a contract absolving the boat owners from burning them alive, though there would likely be language surrounding drowning which would be billions of times more likely

...an you know this how?

My God, you are the most ignorant king of speculation I have ever seen!

Says the acting captain of the USS Enterprise that never knew that Oxygen does not burn...……………….

You never did quote where you claimed I said that. I can see you are still lying!

No, the carrier I served on was the America, not the Enterprise.

The NTSB will figure this out.....in 2 years.
Not worth arguing about.
Just hours after this atrocity the US Govt put a 15 million dollar bounty on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Just sayin

WTF? :cuckoo:
US posts $15mn bounty for help with ‘disrupting’ finances of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps

Really

Lay off the meth.
You're schizoid....
U.S. unveils unusual $15 million reward program targeting Iranian military group

Everybody loves the USA right? Iran can board a British tanker but this clown boat would be invincible right.

Why exactly is the NTSB investigating

Not worth arguing about.
Just hours after this atrocity the US Govt put a 15 million dollar bounty on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Just sayin

Wow! The IRG must be very powerful to pull off a terrorist attack on a dive boat off the coast of California and get away without the crew who survived knowing about it.

Ah, actually this is going to be determined in court, furthermore if you read on you will see that the Titanic is being referenced

The owners of the commercial diving boat that erupted into flames during a Labor Day weekend accident off the coast of Southern California are now seeking to avoid payouts to the families of the 34 people who died onboard.

On Thursday, Glen and Dana Fritzler of Truth Aquatics, which owned the now-destroyed Conception, filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, arguing they shouldn’t owe a single cent for the tragedy, the Associated Press reported.

The Fritzlers are attempting to make their case by using the Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Act of 1851, a statute frequently used in waterway accidents. The couple has requested that the judge either waive their financial liability or adjust it to the boat’s post-fire value ― in this case, $0.

The law was most famously used by the shipping company White Star Lines after the 1912 Titanic disaster during which more than 1,500 passengers were killed on the ship’s maiden voyage. In that instance, the company’s liability was evaluated at $92,000, which equaled the worth of the surviving lifeboats.
As if anyone would sign a contract absolving the boat owners from burning them alive, though there would likely be language surrounding drowning which would be billions of times more likely

...an you know this how?

Says the acting captain of the USS Enterprise that never knew that Oxygen does not burn...……………….

You never did quote where you claimed I said that. I can see you are still lying!

Had a buddy that served on USS America.

...an you know this how?

I was on the America once during fleet week in NY harbor. However unlike you I was not the acting captain of a carrier...…………..

Now does Oxygen burn?

Oxygen does not burn. It is not flammable, but it is an oxidizer. Oxygen feeds a fire, so it's dangerous to use around something that is burning because it will help the fire burn much more quickly. Patients on oxygen therapy who are smokers are not going to burst into flame or explode if they smoke.

Release form is a contract.

Not worth arguing about.

Just sayin

Wow! The IRG must be very powerful to pull off a terrorist attack on a dive boat off the coast of California and get away without the crew who survived knowing about it.
The retarded crew was stoned
Probe to find cause of California dive boat fire could lead to criminal case – Daily News

Release form is a contract.
No contract releases the company from the usual precautions, no member of the crew fought this fire, they jumped because by the time they woke up the boat was too far gone. So either they were stoned stupid or there was an accelerant

If it was everybody and their little brown dog pulling their stupid cell phones, lap tops and I-pads into a circuit that over heated then I think we know who the responsible parties were, don't we?

If it was everybody and their little brown dog pulling their stupid cell phones, lap tops and I-pads into a circuit that over heated then I think we know who the responsible parties were, don't we?
And the boat instantly went up in flames?

To answer your question, the responsibility here would lie on the boat owners who allowed too many devises as the patrons could not know the load limit of the outlets...………………..

Just like if you let 34 people charge their phones and laptops off your car at an overnight stop the responsibility of failure is YOURS not theirs

Next

According to what I have read this is not an uncommon design. Many others laid out similarly

Fucking boats, just anyone can go out and buy a fucking boat we need more boat control....

According to what I have read this is not an uncommon design. Many others laid out similarly
Abuse has nothing to do with the layout, just as a million cars might be identical but some will burst into flames because of abuse. So if this is not happening to many similar boats something different happened here.

Me, I would not sleep deep in the hull of an obsolete wooden boat like the one from Gilligans island. I have been on many boats this size, none were wood

Wood, really wood over fiberglass, aluminum or steel. Wood, Ricky Ricardo had a wood boat, so did Henry the 8th

Abuse has nothing to do with the layout, just as a million cars might be identical but some will burst into flames because of abuse. So if this is not happening to many similar boats something different happened here.

Me, I would not sleep deep in the hull of an obsolete wooden boat like the one from Gilligans island. I have been on many boats this size, none were wood

Wood, really wood over fiberglass, aluminum or steel. Wood, Ricky Ricardo had a wood boat, so did Henry the 8th
How can it be obsolete if lots of others are laid out just like it? Like to know how the passengers were found, in their bunks or on floor suggesting attempted escape

Well that is nice, that they don't charge them for the trip outward since the boat caught fire.....Only fair.

How can it be obsolete if lots of others are laid out just like it? Like to know how the passengers were found, in their bunks or on floor suggesting attempted escape
Because boats unlike cars get refitted with new engines, in fact some boats get refitted more than once, this replaces the propulsion and some of the electric, but again wood boats are obsolete. Not to mention that the new safe boat cost millions

Forum List

Back