Owners Of Burned California Diving Boat Say They Owe Nothing To Victims' Families

All investigations where fatalities are involved are treated as murder investigations because there is no way to go back in time nd reinvestigate the incident. I am involved in police investigations concerning death by vehicle all the time, when someone dies or is expected to die everything is photographed and measured before the road is reopened...………… it's not any easier when the NTSB and ATF are involved as they are here

Common knowledge if you had any

Just how many people have you killed with your car and boat?

ATF? What would Alcohol. Tobacco and Firearms have to do with this?
Call them and ask retard, do you enjoy being stupid?
I already told you that an accelerant is being investigated

Conception dive boat fire: Gusty winds postpone salvage efforts

ATF team arrives in Santa Barbara to investigate
In the meantime, a specialized team with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is arriving in Santa Barbara.

The ATF has been on scene since Monday, one of myriad local, state and federal agencies that has responded to the boat disaster. Now, the agency's National Response Team has been called in and is slated to start work Friday, said Carlos Canino, special agent in charge of the agency's field division.

"Our primary role is to determine the origin and cause of this fire," he said at a news briefing Friday.

Just further proof that out government is bloated and redundant. They have no business being there. The NTSB has their own fire experts.

Just further proof that you are wrong again

No, I am dead on! They have no business investigating this incident.

That would be like you being called in to investigate a collision at sea, since you know nothing about it.

Yes indeed you decide who investigates what.

You are the definition of schizzo

There are 34 deaths, the investigation is always treated as a murder as the murder will never be uncovered if there is no investigation.

This follows fundamental logic and as said I am involved with vehicular homicide investigations frequently

Please show us your reliable source and working link show that this is a murder investigation.

Why do you continue to lie?

There are 34 deaths, the investigation is always treated as a murder as the murder will never be uncovered if there is no investigation.

This follows fundamental logic and as said I am involved with vehicular homicide investigations frequently

Please show us your reliable source and working link show that this is a murder investigation.

Actually I can show an internet link proving that the mothman is real, so internet

Actually I can show an internet link proving that the mothman is real, so internet

Again they have to investigate the deaths as murders no matter whether they think they are or not, just how it is kid. The NTSB and the ATF and FBI are all involved, these groups do not investigate traffic tickets.

Yawn you seriously think I need to prove anything to a fool like you

The NTSB will figure this out.....in 2 years.
Not worth arguing about.
Just hours after this atrocity the US Govt put a 15 million dollar bounty on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Just sayin
There you go again with conspiracy nonsense. You don't have a fucking clue of the area and what is nearby. Naval Base Ventura County and San Nicholas Island. That area is under supervision at all times as with the other Channel Islands. By satellite, early warning surveillance aircraft including unmanned Triton.

According to what I have read this is not an uncommon design. Many others laid out similarly
Abuse has nothing to do with the layout, just as a million cars might be identical but some will burst into flames because of abuse. So if this is not happening to many similar boats something different happened here.

Me, I would not sleep deep in the hull of an obsolete wooden boat like the one from Gilligans island. I have been on many boats this size, none were wood

Wood, really wood over fiberglass, aluminum or steel. Wood, Ricky Ricardo had a wood boat, so did Henry the 8th

Can I give you a bit of advice?

Don't ever go on a boat.

Nobody is going to make you safe so you will probably die.
I have been on boats that size, and I also own my own, 18 foot sea hunt

Safety cert is in my pocket now
BULLSHIT ALERT!!!

Search warrants served in California boat fire investigation

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. — Authorities are serving search warrants at the California company that owned the scuba diving boat that caught fire and killed 34 people last week.

Santa Barbara County sheriff’s Lt. Erik Raney says the warrants served Sunday are part of the ongoing investigation by local and federal officials into the tragedy. He says authorities are searching Truth Aquatics’ offices in Santa Barbara and the company’s two remaining boats.

Thirty-four people died when the Conception burned and sank before dawn on Sept. 2. They were sleeping in a cramped bunkroom below the main deck and their escape routes were blocked by fire.

The bodies of all but one victim have been recovered. The search for the final victim was suspended until later week because of strong winds and rough seas.

The Associated Press

So much for the judge has to vindicate the boat owners before an investigation even happens.
Conception Salvage And Recovery Efforts Suspended Until Monday Due To Wind And Waves » KVTA

Not if charges are filed 34 people are dead there are both civil and legal matters here and this is being handled as a murder as of now
They will settle out of court. Murder charges will not be drawn up. Private business and they as customers made a conscious choice to go on the cruise. We will have to see what legal documents were signed as part of the contractual agreement. The company lawyers and owners are being bold with public statements and they must know something we do not. If this company was licensed by California and followed all safety codes and statutes, and if they were subject to frequent inspections by the State of California and were granted license; then the company is good on criminal charges. Civil charges may be forthcoming and again, I reiterate, all sides will settle out of court.
Search warrants served...……………….

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. — Authorities are serving search warrants at the California company that owned the scuba diving boat that caught fire and killed 34 people last week.

Santa Barbara County sheriff’s Lt. Erik Raney says the warrants served Sunday are part of the ongoing investigation by local and federal officials into the tragedy. He says authorities are searching Truth Aquatics’ offices in Santa Barbara and the company’s two remaining boats.

Thirty-four people died when the Conception burned and sank before dawn on Sept. 2. They were sleeping in a cramped bunkroom below the main deck and their escape routes were blocked by fire.

The bodies of all but one victim have been recovered. The search for the final victim was suspended until later week because of strong winds and rough seas.

The Associated Press
Search warrants are typical of any investigation as per the 4th Amendment.

Again 34 deaths are never typical
But the substantive due process of law is typical and it’s ensconced in our Constitution and procedural due process is a part of that as well. This is all procedural matters right now. No criminal charges likely. Will go into civil court and be settled outside the courtroom and in judges chambers.
That's the word... "civil"

Not if charges are filed 34 people are dead there are both civil and legal matters here and this is being handled as a murder as of now

Please show us where this tragedy is being handled as murder or, admit you are lying. Why?

Not relevant but I'm still curious why you have a hair up your behind about this dive boat since you have proven you know squat about one and have no one close to you involved. You've started three threads making wild, unproven allegations. Why? Don't say it's because of the death of 34 divers, that many innocent folks are shot and killed every night in urban locations. Do you not give a rat's behind about them?
All investigations where fatalities are involved are treated as murder investigations because there is no way to go back in time nd reinvestigate the incident. I am involved in police investigations concerning death by vehicle all the time, when someone dies or is expected to die everything is photographed and measured before the road is reopened...………… it's not any easier when the NTSB and ATF are involved as they are here

In the meantime, a specialized team with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is arriving in Santa Barbara.

The ATF has been on scene since Monday, one of myriad local, state and federal agencies that has responded to the boat disaster. Now, the agency's National Response Team has been called in and is slated to start work Friday, said Carlos Canino, special agent in charge of the agency's field division.

"Our primary role is to determine the origin and cause of this fire," he said at a news briefing Friday.

Just further proof that out government is bloated and redundant. They have no business being there. The NTSB has their own fire experts.
The lead is SB County Sheriff. Their jurisdiction.

Please show us where this tragedy is being handled as murder or, admit you are lying. Why?

Not relevant but I'm still curious why you have a hair up your behind about this dive boat since you have proven you know squat about one and have no one close to you involved. You've started three threads making wild, unproven allegations. Why? Don't say it's because of the death of 34 divers, that many innocent folks are shot and killed every night in urban locations. Do you not give a rat's behind about them?

They in turn will make any criminal recommendations to the DA’s office concurrently the state can have its own investigation through proper agencies. State had to license this vessel. But I don’t foresee any criminal charges coming. Civil court.

Last edited:

They in turn will make any criminal recommendations to the DA’s office concurrently the state can have its own investigation through proper agencies. State had to license this vessel. But I don’t foresee any criminal charges coming. Civil court.
I go out on sportfishing boats and sign a waiver of liability. People slip and fall before getting off the landing. I'm sure the dive boat operators require the same. Reality.
The links below concerning some info on the islands:

Partners - Channel Islands National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Laws & Policies - Channel Islands National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Last edited:
The NTSB will figure this out.....in 2 years.
Not worth arguing about.
Just hours after this atrocity the US Govt put a 15 million dollar bounty on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Just sayin
There you go again with conspiracy nonsense. You don't have a fucking clue of the area and what is nearby. Naval Base Ventura County and San Nicholas Island. That area is under supervision at all times as with the other Channel Islands. By satellite, early warning surveillance aircraft including unmanned Triton.
The FBI, the NTSB and the ATF are investigating. Furthermore the Navy would never notice a boat that left from the same marina as the dive boat, as it would not take an Iranian destroyer to do this job. You must remember that we live in a country run by retarded democrats and as such our borders are open, so kid they are already here...………………..

Next

According to what I have read this is not an uncommon design. Many others laid out similarly
Abuse has nothing to do with the layout, just as a million cars might be identical but some will burst into flames because of abuse. So if this is not happening to many similar boats something different happened here.

Me, I would not sleep deep in the hull of an obsolete wooden boat like the one from Gilligans island. I have been on many boats this size, none were wood

Wood, really wood over fiberglass, aluminum or steel. Wood, Ricky Ricardo had a wood boat, so did Henry the 8th

Can I give you a bit of advice?

Don't ever go on a boat.

Nobody is going to make you safe so you will probably die.
I have been on boats that size, and I also own my own, 18 foot sea hunt

Safety cert is in my pocket now
BULLSHIT ALERT!!!
Have the FBI question me today and see if I can pull out a safety cert, that by the way little one all boat owners must possess

The Associated Press

So much for the judge has to vindicate the boat owners before an investigation even happens.
Conception Salvage And Recovery Efforts Suspended Until Monday Due To Wind And Waves » KVTA

Until there is a determination of the cause of the fire I don't see any way guilt can be determined.

For all we know the fire was started by one of the passengers

Whacko the FBI and the NTSB and the ATF can all tell the locals that it is their jurisdiction.

Or does the FBI only do what the local PD allows them to do

Jesus you are seriously retarded

I go out on sportfishing boats and sign a waiver of liability. People slip and fall before getting off the landing. I'm sure the dive boat operators require the same. Reality.
The links below concerning some info on the islands:

Partners - Channel Islands National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Laws & Policies - Channel Islands National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

I used to before I bought my own boat...……………

LOL whoopee

Maybe the government should ban and confiscate small dive boats like this. There is not Constitutionally guaranteed right to "boat".

Maybe the government should ban and confiscate small dive boats like this. There is not Constitutionally guaranteed right to "boat".
No but since their was 39 people on this 75 foot boat there was only 1.92 feet of boat per person, that ratio is far too low. On my 18 footer I have had my entire family out of 4 people and that renders a ratio of 4.5 feet per person, typically I have 8 or 18 feet per person.

Math works, someone inform the coast guard

Forum List

Back