Pakistan conducts retaliatory military strikes against Pakistani terrorists operating in Iran

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Wow, who saw this coming?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Pakistan has always had strong intelligence services, but outside of clashes with India, I didn't expect this. I assumed Iran and Pakistan were just neutral. This is apparently in retaliation for an Iranian attack that killed two kids.

Irans proxy wars could eventually lead to their downfall if they enrage enough nations. This "brotherhood" comment is designed to save face for Iran to avoid further conflict. At best, Iran gave their blessing and feign plausible deniability. However, Iranians will view their government as weak either way so they'd better condemn this attack or retaliate in some way or else they will be viewed as complicit.

Pakistan conducted a series of military strikes Thursday morning against insurgents operating in Iran in response to a deadly bombing in the southwestern Pakistani province of Baluchistan on Tuesday.

The Pakistan Armed Forces completed a "series of highly coordinated and specifically targeted precision military strikes" against Pakistani terrorists in Iran's Siestan-o-Baluchistan province as part of an intelligence-based operation named "Marg Bar Sarmachar," Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced.

"Over the last several years, in our engagements with Iran, Pakistan has consistently shared its serious concerns about the safe havens and sanctuaries enjoyed by Pakistani-origin terrorists calling themselves Sarmachars on the ungoverned spaces inside Iran," the MoFA said, adding that it has shared "multiple dossiers with concrete evidence of the presence and activities of these terrorists."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back