Pandifficult

As this academic year, such as it was, is rapidly coming to a close I wanted to take a moment to recognize that all of this remote and hybrid and sometimes in person and sometimes not stuff that’s been going on for over a year has been really difficult on students. Young people, many with very little or no prior experience with the technology involved, have striven quite diligently and courageously to figure shit out and do their best under circumstances that are not good for learning and not good for their mental health and not good for their physical health not good for families or jobs for communities, etc. I want to take a moment to recognize how hard students have been trying during these very trying times. With all of the pointless Partisan petty bickering over various attendant issues, it is most important to recognize what is most important: the students.
I would have done much better with remote because there were always stupid kids in the class holding us back.

No, you wouldn't.
Yes, I would.
I was an avid reader and way ahead of everyone else.

Reading and virtual instruction are the antithesis of one another. Back in the early 90s I was tasked by my school district to to institute virtual learning as a tool for remediation. After two years, it was readily apparent that it was a complete failure and the money paid by the district for licenses for the software was simply wasted.
I have found that COVID has spurred on some amazing innovations in various realms.
The most obvious is the evolution of Apps in the last year.
What the fuck does that have to wo with the topic? Not a damn thing!
I understand you're a teacher and feel more secure in your job with a room full of kids.

You understand wrong. I retired in 2018. I am now an Army contractor.
Excellent!
I had very few teachers who inspired me.
The fact is that teachers must teach to the lowest common denominator and that ain't me.
I was bored out of my mind for the most part until I had smaller classes in college and engaged the teachers.

As this academic year, such as it was, is rapidly coming to a close I wanted to take a moment to recognize that all of this remote and hybrid and sometimes in person and sometimes not stuff that’s been going on for over a year has been really difficult on students. Young people, many with very little or no prior experience with the technology involved, have striven quite diligently and courageously to figure shit out and do their best under circumstances that are not good for learning and not good for their mental health and not good for their physical health not good for families or jobs for communities, etc. I want to take a moment to recognize how hard students have been trying during these very trying times. With all of the pointless Partisan petty bickering over various attendant issues, it is most important to recognize what is most important: the students.
I would have done much better with remote because there were always stupid kids in the class holding us back.

No, you wouldn't.
Yes, I would.

Reading and virtual instruction are the antithesis of one another. Back in the early 90s I was tasked by my school district to to institute virtual learning as a tool for remediation. After two years, it was readily apparent that it was a complete failure and the money paid by the district for licenses for the software was simply wasted.
I have found that COVID has spurred on some amazing innovations in various realms.
I understand you're a teacher and feel more secure in your job with a room full of kids.

Excellent!
The fact is that teachers must teach to the lowest common denominator and that ain't me.
I was bored out of my mind for the most part until I had smaller classes in college and engaged the teachers.

That was YOUR fault.

No, you wouldn't.
Yes, I would.

Excellent!

That was YOUR fault.
My! You're so sensitive!

No, you wouldn't.
Yes, I would.

Excellent!

That was YOUR fault.
My! You're so sensitive!
You say you were not the lowest common denominator. The quality of your posts are absolute evidence that is not true.

No, you wouldn't.
Yes, I would.

Excellent!

That was YOUR fault.
My! You're so sensitive!
You say you were not the lowest common denominator. The quality of your posts are absolute evidence that is not true.
Uh huh.

No, you wouldn't.
Yes, I would.

Excellent!
:rolleyes:

That doesn't make sense.

That doesn't make sense.
I forgot; you believe everybody is a genius.
Not everybody can be like us.

Forum List

Back