Parking & Common Sense.

Some guy ran into my truck while backing his car out of a parking spot the other day. Said he didn't see me.

Why do people pull forward into parking spots when they know they are going to have to back up into a lane of traffic when they leave that parking spot?

What is the reasoning that they are using when they decide to pull forward into a parking spot?
Are you suggesting that people should back into the parking spots so that they can pull forward when the leave.
It seems like common sense to me. Backing into traffic is much more dangerous than pulling forward into traffic.

If you ever saw my wife trying to back into a parking space you wouldnt want to be the car on either side.

Some guy ran into my truck while backing his car out of a parking spot the other day. Said he didn't see me.

Why do people pull forward into parking spots when they know they are going to have to back up into a lane of traffic when they leave that parking spot?

What is the reasoning that they are using when they decide to pull forward into a parking spot?
Are you suggesting that people should back into the parking spots so that they can pull forward when the leave.
It seems like common sense to me. Backing into traffic is much more dangerous than pulling forward into traffic.

If you ever saw my wife trying to back into a parking space you wouldnt want to be the car on either side.

That was almost funny......then I thought men say that all the time about 'women drivers'. So I'm curious, what does she say about her driving/parking skills????

That was almost funny......then I thought men say that all the time about 'women drivers'. So I'm curious, what does she say about her driving/parking skills????

She's the one who will exit the vehicle and ask me to take the wheel.

Dont get me wrong,she's extremely intelligent with scholarships to Princeton,she just cant drive worth a shit.

Dont get me wrong,she's extremely intelligent with scholarships to Princeton,she just cant drive worth a shit.

So I take it, she admits to this?????

Half the population falls on the left side of the IQ Bell Curve. Best to drive defensively because the odds are 50/50 that the other driver is an idiot. :D

bell_iq.jpg

Oh absolutely. She gets out of my truck when we go 4 wheeling over the most meager obstacle.

Because they are too lazy to back in,
But the thing is, it is much easier to back in than to back out. So the laziness theory doesn't jibe.

Most people live in the moment giving no thought about thinking ahead. I feel deep sorrow for your truck because I have a new pickup. Did you get the guy's tag number? Did the guy just run off? Did you call the cops?

I think ahead and this is how I accomplish a dent free pickup. I park far away from the store doors where there is few if any cars. I take up four parking spaces. Most people have a herding behavior and park as close as they can to the store doors. I have to do more walking but walking is good exercise.
Problem with that is, some jackass always parks next to my car, always, when I park at the farthest end of the lot.

Not a car within 200 spaces. I come out of the store and he's backed in and within 7 inches so that I can't open the door to get in.

I waited for said jackass and asked him what his problem was.

That and some idiot decides to pass me on the right this morning with barely enough room to get by me as I'm making a right turn. Jeep has less than 100 miles on it and if I hadn't caught his stupid ass out of the corner of my eye I would be paying for a not so new car.

I'm thinking we need to start shooting these people, lol.

Ha! I thought that was just me! It's always a hunk of junk too!

Oh absolutely. She gets out of my truck when we go 4 wheeling over the most meager obstacle.

The perfect Bell Curve and a bell curve of intelligence is called racist by idiots educated in Ivy League Schools who should study math.

The reason most people don't back in is so they can load merchandise into the back of their cars. Nothing scares me like a Costco parking lot though. I always back out slowly but for some reason Costkites love to whip through whether a car is backing out or not.

The reason most people don't back in is so they can load merchandise into the back of their cars. Nothing scares me like a Costco parking lot though. I always back out slowly but for some reason Costkites love to whip through whether a car is backing out or not.

Rude people shop at Walmart while hypocrites shop at Target and Walmart workers shop at the Dollar Store. I have never been to Costco and thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

I really hate how cars crumple so easily with just a fender benders. I usually park out of the way if I drive the good vehicle so idiots don't bang the sides with their door

I really hate how cars crumple so easily with just a fender benders. I usually park out of the way if I drive the good vehicle so idiots don't bang the sides with their door
One ounce of precaution is worth a pound of cure.

Most people live in the moment giving no thought about thinking ahead. I feel deep sorrow for your truck because I have a new pickup. Did you get the guy's tag number? Did the guy just run off? Did you call the cops?
It's a 1976 Chevy and must have at least a half a million miles on it. Not exactly new. If it did any damage I can't tell. And no I didn't call the cops. I just made sure the guy and his 'ol lady were OK, told him not to worry about it and left.

I do, however back into my driveway. That way I can see better pulling out into the street. People get annoyed if they are behind me though, I'm shaving a few seconds off of TV time. I notice quite a few other neighbors doing it now too.

It's a 1976 Chevy and must have at least a half a million miles on it. Not exactly new. If it did any damage I can't tell. And no I didn't call the cops. I just made sure the guy and his 'ol lady were OK, told him not to worry about it and left.

shit happens

shit happens

I do, however back into my driveway. That way I can see better pulling out into the street. People get annoyed if they are behind me though, I'm shaving a few seconds off of TV time. I notice quite a few other neighbors doing it now too.

Gotta love how newer vehicles have backup cameras.
And they make hooking up the trailer a breeze.

Forum List

Back