Parkland Kids Need To Get More Informed

It looks like a lot of energy (and some money) is being put into the activism being engaged in by the high school kids turned protestors. The kids are getting on buses (who's paying for that ?) and traveling some long distances to protest gun control (usually about background checks & banning assault weapons ). They're wearing T-shirts that read "March For Our Lives" (who's paying for that ?)

I'm assuming that since these kids are still in school, that they don't have jobs, or much money of their own. So somebody (adults) out there is financing all this. In any case, the kids are wearing the shirts and doing the legwork, and kudos to them for that, but simultaneously, they all seem to be on just one mission > gun control.

Sure looks like some elements of the anti-gun culture are driving this thing, and using the kids to do their bidding. I wonder if the kids would be as enthusiastic, is they knew a bit more about the whole school shooting issue, like all these things >>

1. There is a leniency program at MSDHS (and around the country) to shelter kids from getting arrest records (the PROMISE Program). Despite committing violent crimes, Nikolas Cruz was shielded by this dangerous program, and thus (with no criminal record) was able to buy guns. If it's background checks the kids are concerned about, they ought to be protesting about this.

2. There's another program (the "jail-to school pipeline") that takes violent criminal kids out of jail, and puts them right into the classroom. What kind of school safety is that ? Odds are that the kids are unaware of this too - and the liberal media hasn't breathed a word of it. Is anybody getting this information to the kids ?

3. There are various definititons for the term assault weapons, but the most clear one is guns capable of selective fire (including burst and fully automatic). The AR-15 that Nikolas Cruz used is not one of these, it is merely a semi-automatic, that fires only with each pull of the trigger. The assault weapons (machine guns) that are so much the object of the protests, are already illegal (if made since 1985). Ones made before 1985 are prohibitively expensive.

4. Large capacity magazines being protested about, have not been used in school shootings, and smaller capacity magazines can be reloaded in a few seconds.

5. The kids seem to be echoing the calls of liberal school boards (and perhaps teachers and parents) to keep the schools as "gun-free zones" and not allow teachers and other school employees from being armed. These are invitations to mass shooters. Do the kids know that states don't have the money to hire cops to guard the schools ? Arming trained school employees is absolutley necessary for them to be protected, while the foolish gun-free zone policy is what got 17 people killed in MSDHS. Odds are nobody's telling them that.

As long as certain apparently wealthy anti-gun zealots are pulling the strings of the high school kid puppets, it looks like all this admirable idealism and energy of the kids is going to be diverted away from the critical issues, and wasted on nothing but the desires of shadowy, narrow-interest, gun-control plotters.

Behind Cruz's Florida Rampage, Obama's School-Leniency Policy

https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/03/02/broward_timeline.html

https://www.realclearinvestigations...oward_countys_jail-to-classroom_pipeline.html
These kids know something none of you gun nuts know.. what it feels like being on the wrong side of a military style weapon.
By the number of threads on these courageous and brilliant kids it’s obvious you’re scared to death of them.
They touched a chord in this country no politician has been able to.

It looks like a lot of energy (and some money) is being put into the activism being engaged in by the high school kids turned protestors. The kids are getting on buses (who's paying for that ?) and traveling some long distances to protest gun control (usually about background checks & banning assault weapons ). They're wearing T-shirts that read "March For Our Lives" (who's paying for that ?)

I'm assuming that since these kids are still in school, that they don't have jobs, or much money of their own. So somebody (adults) out there is financing all this. In any case, the kids are wearing the shirts and doing the legwork, and kudos to them for that, but simultaneously, they all seem to be on just one mission > gun control.

Sure looks like some elements of the anti-gun culture are driving this thing, and using the kids to do their bidding. I wonder if the kids would be as enthusiastic, is they knew a bit more about the whole school shooting issue, like all these things >>

1. There is a leniency program at MSDHS (and around the country) to shelter kids from getting arrest records (the PROMISE Program). Despite committing violent crimes, Nikolas Cruz was shielded by this dangerous program, and thus (with no criminal record) was able to buy guns. If it's background checks the kids are concerned about, they ought to be protesting about this.

2. There's another program (the "jail-to school pipeline") that takes violent criminal kids out of jail, and puts them right into the classroom. What kind of school safety is that ? Odds are that the kids are unaware of this too - and the liberal media hasn't breathed a word of it. Is anybody getting this information to the kids ?

3. There are various definititons for the term assault weapons, but the most clear one is guns capable of selective fire (including burst and fully automatic). The AR-15 that Nikolas Cruz used is not one of these, it is merely a semi-automatic, that fires only with each pull of the trigger. The assault weapons (machine guns) that are so much the object of the protests, are already illegal (if made since 1985). Ones made before 1985 are prohibitively expensive.

4. Large capacity magazines being protested about, have not been used in school shootings, and smaller capacity magazines can be reloaded in a few seconds.

5. The kids seem to be echoing the calls of liberal school boards (and perhaps teachers and parents) to keep the schools as "gun-free zones" and not allow teachers and other school employees from being armed. These are invitations to mass shooters. Do the kids know that states don't have the money to hire cops to guard the schools ? Arming trained school employees is absolutley necessary for them to be protected, while the foolish gun-free zone policy is what got 17 people killed in MSDHS. Odds are nobody's telling them that.

As long as certain apparently wealthy anti-gun zealots are pulling the strings of the high school kid puppets, it looks like all this admirable idealism and energy of the kids is going to be diverted away from the critical issues, and wasted on nothing but the desires of shadowy, narrow-interest, gun-control plotters.

Behind Cruz's Florida Rampage, Obama's School-Leniency Policy

https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/03/02/broward_timeline.html

https://www.realclearinvestigations...oward_countys_jail-to-classroom_pipeline.html

Promis program only dealt with misdemeanors.

Because of lax Florida laws that kid was able to walk in and buy an AR with just an ID .

But you want to blame feds because Florida laws suck.

That's a lie.
no it isn't

Parkland kids need to concentrate on being kids and leave serious grownup issues to grownups.

do you know one, because i don't see too many in this thread?

just a bunch of cons scared of teenagers thinking for themselves instead of gargling right wing bullshit by the gallon like y'all

I cherish my guns - but I'm not worried about these kids trying to take them away. They just want responsible and reasonable gun controls - like most responsible gun owners.

Something like this is what I've feared for some time. I've said for many years that the NRA is the greatest threat to my future gun rights. Their never-give-an-inch attitude must change - or the kids will change them.

These kids want sensible gun control just like most responsible gun owners want.

Ban assault weapons. Ban high-capacity magazines. Universal background checks. Address mental health, domestic abuse and reporting issues. Enhanced National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

If NRA gun nuts don't back off - we may end up with severe gun control and a national gun registry.

It's sadly funny that the Justice Department is reportedly going to ban bump stocks. What kind of retards allowed them to be legal in the first place? I realize that bump stocks are easy to replicate - but the penalty for using them should be severe.

73 TEENS GUNNED DOWN SINCE PARKLAND

I cherish my guns - but I'm not worried about these kids trying to take them away. They just want responsible and reasonable gun controls - like most responsible gun owners.

Something like this is what I've feared for some time. I've said for many years that the NRA is the greatest threat to my future gun rights. Their never-give-an-inch attitude must change - or the kids will change them.

These kids want sensible gun control just like most responsible gun owners want.

Ban assault weapons. Ban high-capacity magazines. Universal background checks. Address mental health, domestic abuse and reporting issues. Enhanced National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

If NRA gun nuts don't back off - we may end up with severe gun control and a national gun registry.

It's sadly funny that the Justice Department is reportedly going to ban bump stocks. What kind of retards allowed them to be legal in the first place? I realize that bump stocks are easy to replicate - but the penalty for using them should be severe.

73 TEENS GUNNED DOWN SINCE PARKLAND
73 more kids with their blood splattered all over.
Deplorables solution: Do nothing.

They all follow the same script about "common sense" gun control. Someone drilled these kids in what to say.
100% incorrect. This is THEIR movement and won’t take a single penny if the money comes with a condition.
These kids are so much smarter than you and your entire party put together..

The match does not affect the nation not is it that big of deal so call down....let them March and don't pay any attention to it. There all better.

Just like the pussy hat marches, this temper tantrum will soon be over and all the participants will have done is make fools of themselves by exposing how little they know about weapons, current gun laws or even the Constitution of the United states. Sad.
DZFJj_hVQAAqdEw.jpg

Please . Let’s say he did comit a felony. He’s a minor . That doesn’t come up on the fed backgroud check.

By the way, this is fed law . If it was up to Florida you wouldn’t even have background checks .
You're wrong. It WOULD have showed up. It didn't because of the screwball PROMISE program. It was up to the feds (Obama's). It was because of them, it didn't show up, so don't try to shift the blame to Florida.

These kids know something none of you gun nuts know.. what it feels like being on the wrong side of a military style weapon.
By the number of threads on these courageous and brilliant kids it’s obvious you’re scared to death of them.
They touched a chord in this country no politician has been able to.
"Scared" isn't the point. I am a bit leery of the anti-gun goofballs who are pulling the strings over these kids, and engineering this "movement" (that doesn't know what it's moving to).

Kids need to get the whole truth. Are you "scared" of THAT?

Parkland kids need to concentrate on being kids and leave serious grownup issues to grownups.
Basically I agree, but if they just protested once, and did it CORRECT (like what's in the OP), I'd be more comfortable with it.

do you know one, because i don't see too many in this thread?

just a bunch of cons scared of teenagers thinking for themselves instead of gargling right wing bullshit by the gallon like y'all
Oh yeah right!! "Thinking for themselves", huh ? Trouble with liberals is they speak idiocy, and seem to think somebody might actually believe them.

One of the key things needing to be accomplished in this mass shooting issue, is to find out WHO it is that is really DOING the "thinking", and the planning, and then get them out of their hiding places.

Forum List

Back