Parkland was over 6 months ago

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
There is a doc on UK TV right now and its quite harrowing to watch. Not just the events themselves but the aftermath and the horrific way these children were treated.

It seems like a long time ago and ,of course,there have been other mass shootings since then, There seems to be a school shooting every week.

Following the shooting Pres Trump said this:
Statement by President Trump on the Shooting in Parkland, Florida | The White House

I want to speak now directly to America’s children, especially those who feel lost, alone, confused or even scared: I want you to know that you are never alone and you never will be. You have people who care about you, who love you, and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer, or a faith leader. Answer hate with love; answer cruelty with kindness.

We must also work together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life, that creates deep and meaningful human connections, and that turns classmates and colleagues into friends and neighbors.

Our administration is working closely with local authorities to investigate the shooting and learn everything we can. We are committed to working with state and local leaders to help secure our schools, and tackle the difficult issue of mental health.

Later this month, I will be meeting with the nation’s governors and attorney generals, where making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority. It is not enough to simply take actions that make us feel like we are making a difference. We must actually make that difference.

I just wonder what measures have been put in place to prevent another Parkland ?

It's been talked to death. Like every other shooting people are pissed off, scream ban guns, blah blah blah then it dies down until the next one and it's rinse and repeat.

Parkland: So many individuals and agencies dropped the ball on that kid it was sad. Start with that

Problem is easily solvable. But criminal lovers like the OP cannot listen to reason. Instead they wring their hands and call for more of the same.

There is a doc on UK TV right now and its quite harrowing to watch. Not just the events themselves but the aftermath and the horrific way these children were treated.

It seems like a long time ago and ,of course,there have been other mass shootings since then, There seems to be a school shooting every week.

Statement by President Trump on the Shooting in Parkland, Florida | The White House

I want to speak now directly to America’s children, especially those who feel lost, alone, confused or even scared: I want you to know that you are never alone and you never will be. You have people who care about you, who love you, and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer, or a faith leader. Answer hate with love; answer cruelty with kindness.

We must also work together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life, that creates deep and meaningful human connections, and that turns classmates and colleagues into friends and neighbors.

Our administration is working closely with local authorities to investigate the shooting and learn everything we can. We are committed to working with state and local leaders to help secure our schools, and tackle the difficult issue of mental health.

Later this month, I will be meeting with the nation’s governors and attorney generals, where making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority. It is not enough to simply take actions that make us feel like we are making a difference. We must actually make that difference.

I just wonder what measures have been put in place to prevent another Parkland ?

I think what is far worse is the absolute abandonment of their senses that the school admin, and the sheriffs department engaged in. The shooter should have been placed in a mental health facility back in 2016 but the authorities prevented that from occurring. He had the police called on him at least 35 times. Any one of those calls should have resulted in his arrest, which would have precluded him from legally obtaining any weapon, but, yet again the school admin under the guise of their "Promise" program and a willing sheriffs deptartment, yet again, did nothing to prevent a known violent nutjob from doing his terrible deed.

And no, one of the victims father is running for the school board because the idiots in charge have done nothing to prevent another disaster like this from happening again.

So what has been done ?

Nothing. Like I said. If i were a conspiratorialist i would be screaming to the heavens that the shooter was aided and abetted by the powers that be. There is ample evidence for that. However, i choose to believe that they are merely incompetent cowards, and not evil incarnate.

So what has been done ?
Texas has started placing armed employees in the schools, many of them teachers.

Our children's school had armed security and metal detectors before Parkland but it's my understanding two other schools in their conference have hired armed personnel. Our children's also expanded security for who is able to be on campus, parents now have school ID we show when we visit

So what has been done ?
Texas has started placing armed employees in the schools, many of them teachers.

Our children's school had armed security and metal detectors before Parkland but it's my understanding two other schools in their conference have hired armed personnel. Our children's also expanded security for who is able to be on campus, parents now have school ID we show when we visit
Weatherford ISD is the latest. It's a good sized district.

So what has been done ?

Weatherford ISD is the latest. It's a good sized district.

I heard one of the other schools here use off duty police officers and a security firm that hires veterans. I liked the idea of veterans being used.

Parkland has taken some actions and there have been a lot of recommendations. But like everything else, who is going to pay for it?

Metal detectors among 100 safety measures recommended as a result of Parkland shooting

Parkland has taken some actions and there have been a lot of recommendations. But like everything else, who is going to pay for it?

Metal detectors among 100 safety measures recommended as a result of Parkland shooting
Yet nothing that will actually stop the killers once they get past the metal detectors. We had them at the prison. They could be beat.

You're not going to cry are you?

So what would you do about it? Typing messages on an internet discussion board isn't going to change a single thing.

Have you trained and armed yourself in order to protect yourself and the lives of your family members? Do you carry a concealed weapon every day you leave the house, as I and so many others do?

If so, why not? Do you not value the lives of yourself and your family?

Aren’t you people busy banning kitchen knives and screw drivers because your gun control laws have worked so well?

Oh yes clear back packs and a medal detector. My question is what has the community done? I mean, their sheriff has overseen two mass shootings on his watch. They fire him yet?

Forum List

Back