Parkland was over 6 months ago

I said what could have been done to prevent Parkland, you ignored it to conduct yourself like a middle school child

I made my point...you just don't like it.

There has been nothing done but empty words uttered since Parkland.

YOU want to make this a personal deal.

I suggest YOU get back on topic

I have

You made no point, you edited a quote to conform to the leftist talking point. Unlike you I gave input on how Parkland could have been prevented. Individuals and agencies dropped the ball with the kid, fix it so it doesn't happen again

Your profile states you're 64 ffs act like it old man

I want to speak now directly to America’s children, especially those who feel lost, alone, confused or even scared: I want you to know that you are never alone and you never will be. You have people who care about you, who love you, and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer, or a faith leader. Answer hate with love; answer cruelty with kindness.

We must also work together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life, that creates deep and meaningful human connections, and that turns classmates and colleagues into friends and neighbors.

Our administration is working closely with local authorities to investigate the shooting and learn everything we can. We are committed to working with state and local leaders to help secure our schools, and tackle the difficult issue of mental health.

Later this month, I will be meeting with the nation’s governors and attorney generals, where making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority. It is not enough to simply take actions that make us feel like we are making a difference. We must actually make that difference.
Who's his speech writer?

It seems obvious to me that gun free zones dont work unless there is a big wall around them and locked gates to keep out the nutters. If a gun free zone is surrounded by gun friendly areas then a sign on the wall wont make much difference.

But from over here it doesnt seem that there is the political will to do something. Trump talked big but it looks like he lost interest. Surely sending kids to school in the morning and welcoming them home at night should be a priority ?

They showed clips that the killer made and he looks so ordinary. But I suspect that a psychiatrist would have uncovered a mass of stuff wrong with him. Would better screening of gun buyers have made a difference ?

I want to speak now directly to America’s children, especially those who feel lost, alone, confused or even scared: I want you to know that you are never alone and you never will be. You have people who care about you, who love you, and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer, or a faith leader. Answer hate with love; answer cruelty with kindness.

We must also work together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life, that creates deep and meaningful human connections, and that turns classmates and colleagues into friends and neighbors.

Our administration is working closely with local authorities to investigate the shooting and learn everything we can. We are committed to working with state and local leaders to help secure our schools, and tackle the difficult issue of mental health.

Later this month, I will be meeting with the nation’s governors and attorney generals, where making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority. It is not enough to simply take actions that make us feel like we are making a difference. We must actually make that difference.
Who's his speech writer?
I took that off the White House website. I expected to see some sort of follow up with progress reports and legislation. Bt he has been busy with the NFL stuff..............

It seems obvious to me that gun free zones dont work unless there is a big wall around them and locked gates to keep out the nutters. If a gun free zone is surrounded by gun friendly areas then a sign on the wall wont make much difference.

But from over here it doesnt seem that there is the political will to do something. Trump talked big but it looks like he lost interest. Surely sending kids to school in the morning and welcoming them home at night should be a priority ?

They showed clips that the killer made and he looks so ordinary. But I suspect that a psychiatrist would have uncovered a mass of stuff wrong with him. Would better screening of gun buyers have made a difference ?
Reducing the number and lethality of guns on the street would be a step in the right direction

And I'm NOT saying we should ban guns or "grab guns".

Ban future sales of assault weapons.

We had a ten year ban and the world didn't end.

It DID however cut the number of mass shootings dramatically

There is a doc on UK TV right now and its quite harrowing to watch. Not just the events themselves but the aftermath and the horrific way these children were treated.

It seems like a long time ago and ,of course,there have been other mass shootings since then, There seems to be a school shooting every week.

Following the shooting Pres Trump said this:
Statement by President Trump on the Shooting in Parkland, Florida | The White House

I just wonder what measures have been put in place to prevent another Parkland ?

Oh yes clear back packs and a medal detector. My question is what has the community done? I mean, their sheriff has overseen two mass shootings on his watch. They fire him yet?
They had those clear back packs on the doc. One of the kids who got shot demonstrated how she could hide a gun in a folder. They look to be useless.

Reducing the number and lethality of guns on the street would be a step in the right direction

When did that 10 year ban happen ? Is it possible to produce figures that illustrate this ?
That must be a quick win.

The Hodgkinson republican baseball team shooting was a little more than a yer ago. It seems that Stephen Paddock's motive (Vegas mass shooting) was about hatred toward a seemingly right wing cowboy concert but thanks to the mainstream media's sudden need to feign ignorance and forgetfulness, nobody is talking about either mass shooting. Why doesn't the U.K. want to talk about it?

The Hodgkinson republican baseball team shooting was a little more than a yer ago. It seems that Stephen Paddock's motive (Vegas mass shooting) was about hatred toward a seemingly right wing cowboy concert but thanks to the mainstream media's sudden need to feign ignorance and forgetfulness, nobody is talking about either mass shooting. Why doesn't the U.K. want to talk about it?
Im not proscriptive. Lets talk about those as well.

There is a doc on UK TV right now and its quite harrowing to watch. Not just the events themselves but the aftermath and the horrific way these children were treated.

It seems like a long time ago and ,of course,there have been other mass shootings since then, There seems to be a school shooting every week.

Statement by President Trump on the Shooting in Parkland, Florida | The White House

I just wonder what measures have been put in place to prevent another Parkland ?

Oh yes clear back packs and a medal detector. My question is what has the community done? I mean, their sheriff has overseen two mass shootings on his watch. They fire him yet?
They had those clear back packs on the doc. One of the kids who got shot demonstrated how she could hide a gun in a folder. They look to be useless.

They suck. My kids back packs fell apart about a week after they started school. I quit buying them and just got them what they wanted.

Paddock was no lefty.

It’s almost like our school admins are like your country’s government. Keep the guns away from the people inside but don’t do anything to protect them from the outside.

It’s almost like our school admins are like your country’s government. Keep the guns away from the people inside but don’t do anything to protect them from the outside.
Our government , either party, is in line with public sentiment on this.Nobody wants more guns on the street.

Our government , either party, is in line with public sentiment on this.Nobody wants more guns on the street.
Because that’s working. And you should have less knives, screw drivers, lawn shears and sporks too. Because that gun ban cured the shit out of people being killed. Muslims don’t count though.

Because that’s working. And you should have less knives, screw drivers, lawn shears and sporks too. Because that gun ban cured the shit out of people being killed. Muslims don’t count though.
Cuts to the number of police has caused an upsurge.Its still better than a decade ago. We have lost 20,000 officers over the last few years along with youth and community services. There are consequences of these things happening.

But still our kids go to school in the morning and come home at night.

Tammy is only ever interested in America’s crime issues for some reason, even though violent crime - gun , knife and rape crime - is going through the roof in the U.K.

When did that 10 year ban happen ? Is it possible to produce figures that illustrate this ?
That must be a quick win.

Uh no.. Not a quick win. No evidence it made a bit of difference. Most all homicides/suicides are NOT committed with a semi-auto rifle.

Buy more guns and ammo...

Forum List

Back