Parkland was over 6 months ago

It seems obvious to me that gun free zones dont work unless there is a big wall around them and locked gates to keep out the nutters. If a gun free zone is surrounded by gun friendly areas then a sign on the wall wont make much difference.

But from over here it doesnt seem that there is the political will to do something. Trump talked big but it looks like he lost interest. Surely sending kids to school in the morning and welcoming them home at night should be a priority ?

They showed clips that the killer made and he looks so ordinary. But I suspect that a psychiatrist would have uncovered a mass of stuff wrong with him. Would better screening of gun buyers have made a difference ?
It’s almost like our school admins are like your country’s government. Keep the guns away from the people inside but don’t do anything to protect them from the outside.
Our government , either party, is in line with public sentiment on this.Nobody wants more guns on the street.
Because that’s working. And you should have less knives, screw drivers, lawn shears and sporks too. Because that gun ban cured the shit out of people being killed. Muslims don’t count though.
Cuts to the number of police has caused an upsurge.Its still better than a decade ago. We have lost 20,000 officers over the last few years along with youth and community services. There are consequences of these things happening.

But still our kids go to school in the morning and come home at night.
Yeah there’s consequences you dumb ass. You disarmed yourselves and are letting a bunch of people in that want to kill you. You’re kids aren’t safe. They’re either being set up for slaughter or worse, being indoctrinated. You will have a Muslim child soon, or a dead one. And there’s not a thing you can do about it.

We saved your asses back in the 40’s. We may not be able to now. You let the enemy in and are disarming as fast as you can. How are we supposed to help you not commit suicide at this point?

There is a doc on UK TV right now and its quite harrowing to watch. Not just the events themselves but the aftermath and the horrific way these children were treated.

It seems like a long time ago and ,of course,there have been other mass shootings since then, There seems to be a school shooting every week.

Following the shooting Pres Trump said this:
Statement by President Trump on the Shooting in Parkland, Florida | The White House

I want to speak now directly to America’s children, especially those who feel lost, alone, confused or even scared: I want you to know that you are never alone and you never will be. You have people who care about you, who love you, and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer, or a faith leader. Answer hate with love; answer cruelty with kindness.

We must also work together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life, that creates deep and meaningful human connections, and that turns classmates and colleagues into friends and neighbors.

Our administration is working closely with local authorities to investigate the shooting and learn everything we can. We are committed to working with state and local leaders to help secure our schools, and tackle the difficult issue of mental health.

Later this month, I will be meeting with the nation’s governors and attorney generals, where making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority. It is not enough to simply take actions that make us feel like we are making a difference. We must actually make that difference.

I just wonder what measures have been put in place to prevent another Parkland ?
Buy more guns and ammo...
I really doubt that the solution to gun violence is having even MORE guns on our streets

There is a doc on UK TV right now and its quite harrowing to watch. Not just the events themselves but the aftermath and the horrific way these children were treated.

It seems like a long time ago and ,of course,there have been other mass shootings since then, There seems to be a school shooting every week.

Statement by President Trump on the Shooting in Parkland, Florida | The White House

I want to speak now directly to America’s children, especially those who feel lost, alone, confused or even scared: I want you to know that you are never alone and you never will be. You have people who care about you, who love you, and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer, or a faith leader. Answer hate with love; answer cruelty with kindness.

We must also work together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life, that creates deep and meaningful human connections, and that turns classmates and colleagues into friends and neighbors.

Our administration is working closely with local authorities to investigate the shooting and learn everything we can. We are committed to working with state and local leaders to help secure our schools, and tackle the difficult issue of mental health.

Later this month, I will be meeting with the nation’s governors and attorney generals, where making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority. It is not enough to simply take actions that make us feel like we are making a difference. We must actually make that difference.

I just wonder what measures have been put in place to prevent another Parkland ?
I really doubt that the solution to gun violence is having even MORE guns on our streets
That’s because you’re an idiot. When the criminals are arming up the dumbest thing you can do is disarm yourself. It’s time to meet firepower with more.

Lol
This country is not well enough armed, We need to be better armed as a country.
People kill people firearms do not so shut the fuck up

None.

Nor will there be.

It seems obvious to me that gun free zones dont work unless there is a big wall around them and locked gates to keep out the nutters. If a gun free zone is surrounded by gun friendly areas then a sign on the wall wont make much difference.

But from over here it doesnt seem that there is the political will to do something. Trump talked big but it looks like he lost interest. Surely sending kids to school in the morning and welcoming them home at night should be a priority ?

They showed clips that the killer made and he looks so ordinary. But I suspect that a psychiatrist would have uncovered a mass of stuff wrong with him. Would better screening of gun buyers have made a difference ?
“It seems obvious to me that gun free zones dont work unless there is a big wall around them and locked gates to keep out the nutters.”

Correct.

Hence the fact there is no such thing as a ‘gun free’ zone.

It was a psy-op and a false flag event. There was more than one shooter for sure. Commie deep state fucks trying to shame and sway their serfs into agreeing with more draconian gun laws. Sandy Hoax was a bullshit DHS created event...throw in the Pulse night club shooting in Orlando, Florida as well.....

Reducing the number and lethality of guns on the street would be a step in the right direction

And I'm NOT saying we should ban guns or "grab guns".

Ban future sales of assault weapons.

We had a ten year ban and the world didn't end.

It DID however cut the number of mass shootings dramatically
When did that 10 year ban happen ? Is it possible to produce figures that illustrate this ?
That must be a quick win.
The Federal AWB was from 1994 to 2004.

And it wasn’t actually a ‘ban,’ it was more regulatory restriction.

Firearms possessed prior to the Act were exempt, for example.

None.

Nor will there be.
It looks like you are right. There is a yawning gap between Trumps promises and what he has done. I am not singling him out on this because Americas politicians have failed their children. But I dont think he has any right to comment when the next atrocity happens.

The UK has no authority to speak about shootings when they practically banned guns and gun crime is continuously increasing there.

So what has been done ?
Texas has started placing armed employees in the schools, many of them teachers.

Our children's school had armed security and metal detectors before Parkland but it's my understanding two other schools in their conference have hired armed personnel. Our children's also expanded security for who is able to be on campus, parents now have school ID we show when we visit
Parkland had armed security, how that workout?

So what has been done ?
Texas has started placing armed employees in the schools, many of them teachers.

Our children's school had armed security and metal detectors before Parkland but it's my understanding two other schools in their conference have hired armed personnel. Our children's also expanded security for who is able to be on campus, parents now have school ID we show when we visit
Parkland had armed security, how they workout?
They hid. Worked out great for you.

So what has been done ?

Yes armed security hides or gets shot.

So what has been done ?

Parkland had armed security, how that workout?

They were cowards....likely leftists

So what has been done ?

Exactly. Armed security will do nothing against a shooter with half a brain.

Obviously, if there is a security guard and someone wants to shoot up the school...who will they shoot first? They will hide the rifle out of sight, walk up to the guard, pull out a hand gun and blow his/her head off. Problem solved - he now has the run of the place.

And leaving the security 'plain-clothed' won't work. The students will quickly figure out what he is since he is not a teacher and he is not cleaning/doing paperwork.

The ONLY way security would work would be to have a minimum of two guards in every, single school. And with about 130,000 public/private elementary schools in America - that equals (if the guards get about $50K a year) $6.5 billion dollars JUST for armed guards in schools.

Fast Facts

And even then, 2 guards would not have stopped Columbine (where there were two shooters). Then you would need three guards to guard against two shooters.

Security guards are NOT the answer...something else needs to be done.

Last edited:

Obviously, if there is a security guard and someone wants to shoot up the school...who will they shoot first? They will hide the rifle out of sight, walk up to the guard, pull out a hand gun and blow his/her head off. Problem solved - he now has the run of the place.

And leaving the security 'plain-clothed' won't work. The students will quickly figure out what he is since he is not a teacher and he is not cleaning/doing paperwork.

The ONLY way security would work would be to have a minimum of two guards in every, single school. And with about 130,000 public/private elementary schools in America - that equals (if the guards get about $50K a year) $6.5 billion dollars JUST for armed guards in schools.

Fast Facts

And even then, 2 guards would not have stopped Columbine (where there were two shooters). Then you would need three guards to guard against two shooters.

Well the flip side is you idiot loons want to arm school children with cans of corn and teachers with mini baseball bats ...how fucking stupid is that?

Some schools are putting in armed guards.....democrat schools are putting in more guidance counselors.

Fast Facts

And if a shooter just wants to kill a few dozen students - again, simple. Go into a full class, shut and lock the door behind you and start killing...little/nothing the guards can do about that before 20+ students/teachers are shot/killed in the classroom (including the shooter taking his own life).

This is why you end the gun free zone status of schools and allow teachers and law abiding citizens to carry guns with them when they have business at the schools...then you have an armed deterrent the entire time the school is open.

Fast Facts

Well the flip side is you idiot loons want to arm school children with cans of corn and teachers with mini baseball bats ...how fucking stupid is that?
It’s interesting that no other country I know of has regular school shootings. Wonder why? What do they have that we don’t?

Forum List

Back