Partisan reactions please! Gorsuch sides with liberals to invalidate part of deportation law!

The burglar is innocent! Why, the idea of criminalizing a burglary is beyond the realm of reasoning. That poor bastard was only borrowing stuff to sell in order to feed his starving family. Plus, the starving family could have lost their bread winner if someone had blasted his ass with a 12 gauge double barrel shotgun. What is this country coming to? It's a shame I tell you, a disgrace!

The burglar is innocent! Why, the idea of criminalizing a burglary is beyond the realm of reasoning. That poor bastard was only borrowing stuff to sell in order to feed his starving family. Plus, the starving family could have lost their bread winner if someone had blasted his ass with a 12 gauge double barrel shotgun. What is this country coming to? It's a shame I tell you, a disgrace!

It was not ruled the burglar was innocent, just that his crime did not fit the overly vague definition of a violent crime.

At least read the article before making an ass out of yourself

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
As long as he bases his decisions on the law and not his personal opinions or politics I have no problem with it.

Why we are dicking around with defining violent crimes that can lead to deportation is beyond me. Here’s the crime, you’re here illegally, it doesn’t matter what crime got you caught you’re either going to prison or getting your ass shipped home. We spend more time and money on stupid shit like this, it’s ridiculous.

Uh-oh, does this mean Gorsuch may not be just another rubber stamp, Republican judge?

Last edited:

It was not ruled the burglar was innocent, just that his crime did not fit the over vague definition of a violent crime.

I read the blurb and I don't care if it's violent or not. The creep probably has a record and his greasy ass doesn't belong here.

It was not ruled the burglar was innocent, just that his crime did not fit the over vague definition of a violent crime.

I read the blurb and I don't care if it's violent or not. The creep probably has a record and his greasy ass doesn't belong here.

You may not care, but the law of the land cares, and thus the SCOTUS ruled correctly.

What needs to happen is the law changed and not just ignored

Is Gorsuch an activist judge? Is he a traitor? Or were the other four conservatives being too liberal?

Trump pick Gorsuch casts deciding Supreme Court vote against deporting immigrant
I've always thought thought Gorsuch has a mind off his own..and does not mindlessly knee-jerk his decisions.
I would point out, that for all intents and purposes, any Supreme Court Justice is an, 'activist judge', in the sense of the far-reaching consequences of any ruling.

Don't you believe in the rule of law? And do you know the difference between burglary and robbery?

Why we are dicking around with defining violent crimes that can lead to deportation is beyond me. Here’s the crime, you’re here illegally, it doesn’t matter what crime got you caught you’re either going to prison or getting your ass shipped home. We spend more time and money on stupid shit like this, it’s ridiculous.
Is he illegal? I say no indication he was.

Where did you get the idea the immigrant in question was illegal? I missed that in the articles I read. Do you have a link?

Where did you get the idea the immigrant in question was illegal? I missed that in the articles I read. Do you have a link?

I believe he pulled that one out of Mary Poppins bag o' prejudice.

I believe he pulled that one out of Mary Poppins bag o' prejudice.
That doesnt make her a liberal.
I think you might be confusing a good brand with regressive bedwetting.

2nd paragraph of article states he is a legal immigrant from the Philippines.

Don't you believe in the rule of law? And do you know the difference between burglary and robbery?
Well, a burglary calls for a 12 gauge and a robbery calls for an AR-15 w/bumpstock.

Forum List

Back