Pass a test to use a protected right?

Frankly and with all sincerity, I don't care. December marks the 16th anniversary of Columbine and it marks the fact we have done nothing....at all. Reasonable people could have had a national discussion, but we haven't, lawmakers could have had hearings but we didn't, the gun problem can be boiled down to the basic fact that it is now at the intersection of crazy and easy, all magnified by the media fear that without a gun you surely will be a victim.

The gun problem is a human problem, we could fix it but we don't want to. So if government gets all big and bad over this problem just remember we could have done something once and now others may do it for you. Next time don't wait or let others do your talking for you.

Done nothing my butt. This "discussion" has been going on since Kennedy was assasinated...and we have been giving in to your calls for "reasonable restrictions" on our natural right to bear arms ever since. Since the 68 GCA we've caved on new gun law after new gun law and put up with seeming daily new "administrative restrictions" from the Executive branch. Yet today here we are, with the same problems and people like you still screaming that we gotta do more.

Listen up, pal, your irrational, wacky attempts at addressing the gun and asking Americans to compromise their human rights and liberties have accomplished NOTHING. If you really want to address the problems of violence in America, take off your political blinders and start seriously looking at root causes...then looking for solutions for those root causes.

Geesh, before any facts on this latest incident were known, politicians and ignorant sheeple were calling for more background checks....yet as it turns out, all of this mutts guns were purchased legally. Way to put the cart before the horse and push for a solution that wouldn't have prevented this tragedy and won't prevent them in the future.

My gawd, you people should be embarrassed to have this idiocy you are spouting seen in public. Must be the anonymity of the internet, because in real life folks might not be as polite about it as I am being here.

Frankly and with all sincerity, I don't care. December marks the 16th anniversary of Columbine and it marks the fact we have done nothing....at all. Reasonable people could have had a national discussion, but we haven't, lawmakers could have had hearings but we didn't, the gun problem can be boiled down to the basic fact that it is now at the intersection of crazy and easy, all magnified by the media fear that without a gun you surely will be a victim.

The gun problem is a human problem, we could fix it but we don't want to. So if government gets all big and bad over this problem just remember we could have done something once and now others may do it for you. Next time don't wait or let others do your talking for you.

Thank you for your mostly honest post. The claim the media fear mongers that you will be a victim w/o the right to bear arms is a complete and utter lie since we both know your leftist stations demand our rights be taken every time there is a shooting but say nothing when someone does defend themselves.

But thanks for showing your hatred of the Constitution and ignorance of why we have rights.

Of course you argue from the point of opinion so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I honestly never heard a leftist station of any kind demand that rights be taken away. I don't hate gun rights nor do I hate the constitution. I hate laziness and the inability to fix a problem that has grown worse and if that means you lose rights you only have yourself to blame for never showing at the table.
Of course you argue from the point of opinion so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I honestly never heard a leftist station of any kind demand that rights be taken away. thats a lie, it's impossible to watch the news and not know. I don't hate gun rights nor do I hate the constitution. clearly a lie, your statements make it clear. I hate laziness and the inability to fix a problem that has grown worse and if that means you lose rights you only have yourself to blame for never showing at the table this statement proves you have our Constitution and have no grasp of why we have the 2nd.

Well now you're arguing crazy. We are going to have peace in this country and I don't care what rights you have that get trampled. You had a chance to talk, you had a chance to introduce your own rules or law, you chose nothing. You hunkered down and said we need to arm every one. I'm simple tired of it. I am a gun owner, I have taught my children how to handle guns, but I want some sanity back in this country and we let an evil go on and have done nothing about it. You have an opportunity to get out in front of this to control the conversation. If you don't others will make decisions for you. That shouldn't be hard to understand. If you want your rights get out and talk, left wing, right wing, we are part of the same eagle. you know?

You want to violate the law because of a minor problem? What next? Sorry but the Government won't be free to do anything they want because there are 300 million firearms in private hands. if only 3 percent resist that is a huge number of people armed and ready to fight to resist tyranny.

Here's a stat that may surprise you. 87,000 dead since Sandy Hook, 142 school shootings since Sandy Hook(Dec 2012), the government has all the power and if you think 300 million weapons is going to make a dent in their superior firepower you never served in the military.

That bogus number includes suicides and accidents...but I think you already knew that. I will tell you this from the sad experience of my own boy...just cuz you don't have a gun doesn't stop you from taking your own life (after you already tried once with a gun), nor does it guarantee that you won't die from some other kind of accident.

I also don't really like military posers like you. If you had served and actually learned your craft, you would know how TOTALLY STUPID your "make a dent in their superior firepower" BS is. What were you, a cook? You sure as hell have little knowledge of military history, strategy and tactics.

Reasonable people will tell you that you lock violent offenders up for life and 80% of the violence go's with them. So...why do you insist on letting those people out to continuously prey on the innocent?

First, I have never ever locked someone up, not once. I don't believe I have that power or authority. But that is something we could put on a list to talk about. It is a fair subject to bring up.

Then you're an idiot. A person who robs, rapes, or kills, is most likely going to do it again. Lock them up and throw away the key. Most of the problem disappears.

Yeah, that's what we thought in California and went and built $29 billion in new prisons, passed the three strikes law that put them in for life, then we learned how much they cost to run and all the attendant cost that nearly bankrupted us. That definitely is another subject to talk about, and we do need to address that.

Thank you for your mostly honest post. The claim the media fear mongers that you will be a victim w/o the right to bear arms is a complete and utter lie since we both know your leftist stations demand our rights be taken every time there is a shooting but say nothing when someone does defend themselves.

But thanks for showing your hatred of the Constitution and ignorance of why we have rights.

Of course you argue from the point of opinion so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I honestly never heard a leftist station of any kind demand that rights be taken away. I don't hate gun rights nor do I hate the constitution. I hate laziness and the inability to fix a problem that has grown worse and if that means you lose rights you only have yourself to blame for never showing at the table.

It's kinda hard to hear when you have your head up your ass.

FYI cupcake, I did my terms in elected office "at the table"...at the big boy table even. Don't recall seeing you there. I hate posers.

Here's the national conversation after every shooting:

Gun control: We have to do something!

2nd Amendment: What can we do without telepathy?

Gun Conrtol: Universal Background Checks!!!

2nd Amendment: Uhh, this guy passed a background check, and so did the last guy, and the guy before that and the guy before that...

Gun control: We don't care...we want it.

2nd Amendment: Well, that's just dumb. Anything else?

Gun control: How about universal background check?

2nd Amendment: good grief...

2nd Amendment: listen, we should train and arm some of the teachers and allow students to conceal carry.

Gun Control: WHAT!!! LEGAL GUNS!!! GUNS ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!

2nd Amendment: But this could actually work...perhaps save lives.

Gun Control: We don't care.

...aaaaaand scene.

UPDATE! Oregon shooter bought weapons legally, background checked, registered and licensed.

Oregon shooters gun purchased legally…..passed their laws…. | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
Then you're an idiot. A person who robs, rapes, or kills, is most likely going to do it again. Lock them up and throw away the key. Most of the problem disappears.

Isn't it amazing how so many of these heroes seem to be way more concerned about the rights of the criminals than they are about the rights of law abiding citizens. Indeed, it's like they are asking us to give up our rights to protect the rights of the criminals.

Of course you argue from the point of opinion so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I honestly never heard a leftist station of any kind demand that rights be taken away. thats a lie, it's impossible to watch the news and not know. I don't hate gun rights nor do I hate the constitution. clearly a lie, your statements make it clear. I hate laziness and the inability to fix a problem that has grown worse and if that means you lose rights you only have yourself to blame for never showing at the table this statement proves you have our Constitution and have no grasp of why we have the 2nd.

Well now you're arguing crazy. We are going to have peace in this country and I don't care what rights you have that get trampled. You had a chance to talk, you had a chance to introduce your own rules or law, you chose nothing. You hunkered down and said we need to arm every one. I'm simple tired of it. I am a gun owner, I have taught my children how to handle guns, but I want some sanity back in this country and we let an evil go on and have done nothing about it. You have an opportunity to get out in front of this to control the conversation. If you don't others will make decisions for you. That shouldn't be hard to understand. If you want your rights get out and talk, left wing, right wing, we are part of the same eagle. you know?
So you have no respect for Constitutional rights??

OK, let's establish an IQ test for voting, to eliminate the idiots...

If we do, a Democrat won't be able to get elected dog catcher...

You want to violate the law because of a minor problem? What next? Sorry but the Government won't be free to do anything they want because there are 300 million firearms in private hands. if only 3 percent resist that is a huge number of people armed and ready to fight to resist tyranny.

Here's a stat that may surprise you. 87,000 dead since Sandy Hook, 142 school shootings since Sandy Hook(Dec 2012), the government has all the power and if you think 300 million weapons is going to make a dent in their superior firepower you never served in the military.

That bogus number includes suicides and accidents...but I think you already knew that. I will tell you this from the sad experience of my own boy...just cuz you don't have a gun doesn't stop you from taking your own life (after you already tried once with a gun), nor does it guarantee that you won't die from some other kind of accident.

I also don't really like military posers like you. If you had served and actually learned your craft, you would know how TOTALLY STUPID your "make a dent in their superior firepower" BS is. What were you, a cook? You sure as hell have little knowledge of military history, strategy and tactics.

So death by gun suicide isn't a problem? you're a charlatan. People like you that have a greased up m60's and think that it is the best thing since pink lemonade are confused. The government blocks your cell phones, cuts power, stops gas deliveries, stops train deliveries, impedes travel between states, and in just a few days half the population is roaming the streets looking for food. You may have stockpiles, but you'll be busy fighting off your neighbor for them. Meanwhile, drones clean up, they don't even have to engage you to weaken you. I'm sorry, but whatever power you thought you had over the federal government is a pipe dream.

Why is killing people with a gun a right?
Notice how little matthew changes the subject and lies about what the OP said?

Typical for someone who can't reply to the actual subject.

So you consider a gun a right but not education...lol...

One makes the world a worse place to be on,,while the other makes it better! ;) Why shouldn't someone have to take a test of mental stability to own a killing machine?

It's kinda hard to hear when you have your head up your ass.

FYI cupcake, I did my terms in elected office "at the table"...at the big boy table even. Don't recall seeing you there. I hate posers.

The only way you were at the big boy table was when your mommy was hand feeding you with a rubber spoon.

So you have no respect for Constitutional rights??

OK, let's establish an IQ test for voting, to eliminate the idiots...

If we do, a Democrat won't be able to get elected dog catcher...

Nap time Bedowin you're falling flat.

The Supreme Court has already ruled that is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and illegal. So anyone suggesting we require some sort of test before buying a firearm, you are not making either a reasonable or legal suggestion.
Wrong.

Requiring one to pass a test, such as the the gun safety course required in the District of Columbia, is in fact Constitutional:

“The court upheld other parts of the law, such as requiring gun owners to be fingerprinted and photographed and to complete a safety training course.”

Appeals court strikes down parts of DC's gun laws

And the law does require the applicant to pass the test, albeit open book:

“Take and pass a brief multiple-choice and true/false test based on information on DC’s firearms laws and regulations provided in this guide and the online training course. To pass, you must correctly answer at least 70 percent of the questions. The exam is designed to ensure that registrants are familiar with basic but essential information about firearms safety and laws. Applicants are allowed to refer to this guide while taking the test.”

Firearm Registration: Complete Registration Procedures | mpdc

You may not like it or agree with it, and consider it to be ridiculous and pointless, but it is Constitutional.

Why is killing people with a gun a right? Why isn't food a right or education a right???

The world would be a better place if education and food was a right...The world sucks because of all the assholes wanting to kill each other.

Killing by any means is only a "right" under the strictest of circumstances. The right to the means of your choosing to defend yourself and your family is a basic human right that we are all born with...even you. No government can take it away unless you let them.

There is a difference between murder and self defense...that you don't seem to realize the distinction makes indicates that you might be an Idiocrat.

FYI, you do have a right to food and shelter...nobody can take that right from you. What you don't have is a right of someone else providing it for you. That kind of nonsense is also indicative of Idiocrats.

If you don't understand some of the words I am using either...you are definitely an Idiocrat.

Why isn't food a right or education a right???

The world would be a better place if education and food was a right...
OK, it's a right.

I'll send you my food bills every week. You must pay them, or you'll be guilty of denying me my right.

Any comment?

Same thing could be said about your right to a gun. But, I don't think the gun is good for society unlike food and education.

Forum List

Back