Passion of the Christ

It was no ordinary apple.

EVE'S SIN WAS rejecting GOD,GOD'S WORD,GOD'S LOVE AND TRUST AND THEN SHE BELIEVED satan's lies!!! wHY DO YOU NOT learn a lesson from Eve AND SEE THE COST OF SIN,all creation was ruined by ADAM AND EVE'S CHOICE TO REJECT GOD and believe satan's lies!!! AND YOU??
I hope that's not directed at me.

It's directed at everybody. He's an equal opportunity verbal vomiter.

That movie still haunts me today.
Sure does put things into perspective....and shocks the body and soul into some kind of awakening and not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

It's a good thing, Gracie. It's called spiritual awakening because our souls are involved. And our souls are in spirit form.

What happened when Eve and Adam ate that apple was them opening their minds to evil. They had no idea it existed before that. One of the most devastating results of the incident for us was that Adam lost his dominion over the earth. Since that day earth has been Satan's domain.
But the far bigger coup for Satan was that sin is septic, and is past on to the next generation of humans and the next. He doomed us all.

Our merciful Father is also the Supreme Judge. It is His duty to deal with sin according to the law. And the law says that the punishment for sin is, among other things, a complete separation from our Father upon leaving our terrestrial bodies.

These creatures that God loved so dearly were now permanently headed for eternal separation from Him. Satan thought He had it in the bag, but what he didn't know is that the law didn't stipulate WHO had to pay the penalty. So God became one of us. We called Him Jesus. And His pure blood replaced our infected blood. He bought us back at a price. Not just for the present but for eternity.

The severity of His suffering is an indication of what Satan is capable of. What Satan did to Christ, bruised Christ's heel. What Christ did by coming back is crush Satan's head. One is a temporary wound. The other is a permanent wound. All that remains is for Satan to be sentenced and dispatched.

Genesis 3:15 ... He will crush your head, and you will bruise his heel.

It is the very first prophesy in the Bible.

Koosh, I know it's hard to understand why bad things happen. But until Christ returns Satan will continue to go to and fro on this earth to kill and destroy in the short time he has left. It is up to us to recognize and avoid Him.

Begging for some one to live and then have them die, happens because God knows better than we do concerning what that person needs. If they die we look at that as loss. But it's not. It is gain. Absent from the body is present with the Lord.

It's like asking God to leave that person here at the terrestrial dump, when mansions and eternal joy is what He has in mind.
It is the difference between telling the Creator of the Universe," thy will for this person, thy future for this person be done", or, "do my bidding or else". He's not there to fulfill our wish lists. His ways are higher than ours. If He takes someone it's because they're better off with Him than here. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
That is not the issue with me, Chuck. The issue, if I can get it out without screwing up my thought process is...WHY?????????????????

WHY the TORTURE? WHY the allowing of His Son to die that way? Why did He have to die for us to begin with?
I don't give a damn what the Bible says. I want to know WHY all this pain and death is demanded from a loving God? And the WAY he died. WHY????

How else was He to get back to the Mothership?

If you really think about that, the confuzzlement ebbs.

I don't have the answers. I just have damn good questions.

Regards from Rosie

JESUS IS GOD THE SON!!! GOD THE SON who came to earth to live life as 100% man and God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son[c] so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”

Um, yeah. Space cadet.

'Nuff said.

Regards from Rosie

So that just makes me swing back around and say "huh"?

God was Jesus then? Same entity, two different bodies. So why would Jesus say nobody can get to the Father except through him and keep talking about God as His father?

I finally decided they were two separate entities. God. Son. Now you are saying they are one and the same?

God was Jesus then? Same entity, two different bodies. So why would Jesus say nobody can get to the Father except through him and keep talking about God as His father?

I finally decided they were two separate entities. God. Son. Now you are saying they are one and the same?

ALMIGHTY GOD IS GOD THE FATHER,GOD THE SON,GOD THE HOLYSPIRIT=THREE BUT ONE JUST AS MAN IS THREE BUT ONE=MAN is body,soul and spirit=three but one man!!!

The Holy Trinity. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. All one. Three separate but all one at the same time.

Sorry, I can't explain it off the top of my head. Just remember learning that as a Catholic kid. It is one of the most profound of all mysteries, how these three can be one.

Like I said..too confusing for me. I will ask Him/Them when I get there. ;)

That movie still haunts me today.
Sure does put things into perspective....and shocks the body and soul into some kind of awakening and not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

It's a good thing, Gracie. It's called spiritual awakening because our souls are involved. And our souls are in spirit form.

What happened when Eve and Adam ate that apple was them opening their minds to evil. They had no idea it existed before that. One of the most devastating results of the incident for us was that Adam lost his dominion over the earth. Since that day earth has been Satan's domain.
But the far bigger coup for Satan was that sin is septic, and is past on to the next generation of humans and the next. He doomed us all.

Our merciful Father is also the Supreme Judge. It is His duty to deal with sin according to the law. And the law says that the punishment for sin is, among other things, a complete separation from our Father upon leaving our terrestrial bodies.

These creatures that God loved so dearly were now permanently headed for eternal separation from Him. Satan thought He had it in the bag, but what he didn't know is that the law didn't stipulate WHO had to pay the penalty. So God became one of us. We called Him Jesus. And His pure blood replaced our infected blood. He bought us back at a price. Not just for the present but for eternity.

The severity of His suffering is an indication of what Satan is capable of. What Satan did to Christ, bruised Christ's heel. What Christ did by coming back is crush Satan's head. One is a temporary wound. The other is a permanent wound. All that remains is for Satan to be sentenced and dispatched.

Genesis 3:15 ... He will crush your head, and you will bruise his heel.

It is the very first prophesy in the Bible.

Koosh, I know it's hard to understand why bad things happen. But until Christ returns Satan will continue to go to and fro on this earth to kill and destroy in the short time he has left. It is up to us to recognize and avoid Him.

Begging for some one to live and then have them die, happens because God knows better than we do concerning what that person needs. If they die we look at that as loss. But it's not. It is gain. Absent from the body is present with the Lord.

It's like asking God to leave that person here at the terrestrial dump, when mansions and eternal joy is what He has in mind.
It is the difference between telling the Creator of the Universe," thy will for this person, thy future for this person be done", or, "do my bidding or else". He's not there to fulfill our wish lists. His ways are higher than ours. If He takes someone it's because they're better off with Him than here. :eusa_angel:

You always manage to get through to me. That comforts me. Thank you.

Like I said..too confusing for me. I will ask Him/Them when I get there. ;)

LOL I have a feeling they're gonna like you, Gracie! :)

Have you read this book called "The Shack" I sometimes talk about. It deals with the topic of the Holy Trinity, among other things. I was impressed with that book. I may read it again, and I rarely read a book twice.

Never heard of it. And I avoid religious books. Not my path. Mine goes another way.
I hope they like me when I get there. :)
If not...then ...ouch.

IrishRam has been my buddy for many MANY years. She always makes me feel better too. :)

Yep. She's this clear, quiet, strong voice that I cannot ignore.

:)

Whenever you feel down...or confused...or need help with Daddy....pm her. She has been a GREAT help to me over the years..even with me still all confused. If anyone is a messenger from God, it damn sure ain't Gismys. It's Irish Ram. :smiliehug:

ALMIGHTY GOD IS GOD THE FATHER,GOD THE SON,GOD THE HOLYSPIRIT=THREE BUT ONE JUST AS MAN IS THREE BUT ONE=MAN is body,soul and spirit=three but one man!!!
The single clearest declaration of the existence of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit - i.e, to use the traditional theological term, as a Trinity - is found in I John 5, which states, in relevant part:

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God. Whoever loves the Father also loves the child who is born of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world: your faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the three agree as one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is God's testimony which he has testified concerning his Son. He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who doesn't believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning his Son. The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life... We know that the Son of God has come, and has given us an understanding, that we know him who is true, and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
I John 5:1-12, 20

Sacrifice for God is noble and won't go unrewarded. I tend to agree with you on the level of brutality though. I saw the movie and thought it was a bit exaggerated.

It may just seem exaggerated because you are not accustomed to seeing it....it has been infered that Jesus was given 40 lashes....1 less than what is considered enough to kill a person, as mandated by Jewish law. They hated Him so much, why wouldn't they give him the maximum?

Jewish law that limits the maximum lashes imposed as a penalty to forty stripes only. This is commanded in Deuteronomy 25:1-3 - "If there is a dispute between men and they come into court and the judges decide between them, acquitting the innocent and condemning the guilty, then if the guilty man deserves to be beaten, the judge shall cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence with a number of stripes in proportion to his offense. Forty stripes may be given him, but not more, lest, if one should go on to beat him with more stripes than these, your brother be degraded in your sight."

But..WHY??? Why the horrible suffering? What is the purpose??? I just flat don't understand how God would allow that kind of suffering. I just don't.
If Jesus hadn't suffered like He did, would He have made an impact on people? Would anyone care? The suffering was to show those that believe in Him just how much He loves us, and also to show that the price He was willing to pay was no piece of cake.

I never want to see that movie again. Nor do I want the gory details. Which is why I never watched it to begin with. I don't know why I did tonight. I guess I figured I owed it to Him. But all it did was raise more questions and you know me, hon. I am full of questions all the time with this.

It's great to have questions, God understands that we are going to have many questions, but it isn't enough to just have questions....we need to seek the answers.

Sacrifice for God is noble and won't go unrewarded. I tend to agree with you on the level of brutality though. I saw the movie and thought it was a bit exaggerated.

It may just seem exaggerated because you are not accustomed to seeing it....it has been infered that Jesus was given 40 lashes....1 less than what is considered enough to kill a person, as mandated by Jewish law. They hated Him so much, why wouldn't they give him the maximum?

Jewish law that limits the maximum lashes imposed as a penalty to forty stripes only. This is commanded in Deuteronomy 25:1-3 - "If there is a dispute between men and they come into court and the judges decide between them, acquitting the innocent and condemning the guilty, then if the guilty man deserves to be beaten, the judge shall cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence with a number of stripes in proportion to his offense. Forty stripes may be given him, but not more, lest, if one should go on to beat him with more stripes than these, your brother be degraded in your sight."
You might be right. I'm just saying that he still had to carry his own cross up to Calvary Hill after he was beaten. Just not real sure about Mel's accuracy, but we'll all know the truth one day.

I said I would never watch it. And I haven't. Until tonight.

I'm not sure what to say about it either. But I sure have a lot of questions.

How could someone take that kind of punishment and still make it up a hill? How could they not just die from shock to the body before even reaching the hill? Strength from God?

If so, why such horrendous punishment? The suffering obviously done?

Why such a punishment in that extreme?

Why does sacrifice need to be done to get anywhere with God? Blood and death and suffering. What is the purpose?

I don't get it.

mankind's sin has a very high cost to all creation,man's sin brought pain,sickness and ruin and death to all the universe!!!

Oh, yeah, that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE sin where Eve took and ate an apple off a tree she was told not to. Oh, how HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Good grief. Ridiculous. Doesn't add up. Something's missing. Right from the start.

I mean I could see if her sin was to sneak up on Adam while he was sleeping, disembowel him and shake his guts at God saying, "I hate you, God!!! I love the snake better so I have killed Adam as a sacrifice to the Snake!" Something like that. But she took a freaking apple off a tree after being told not to. Whoopy doo. Something is missing.

God? I need some help here. I can't just fake it, not my style. That's why I quit going to church. All the phony people giggling and whispering while the host was being consecrated!!! Just couldn't stand that. We should have all been prostrate on the floor, not whispering among ourselves.

It wasn't an apple and it wasn't so much that she ate a fruit she was told not to eat....it was that she disobeyed. God is not just another person, He is the Almighty, and He makes the rules. We might not like them, but He is the creator of everything and deserves all the respect and obedience. And, it isn't like God would not have forgiven her....he is most Gracious to forgive the gravest of sinners....when you mock God, do you still feel He should extend that grace?

You might be right. I'm just saying that he still had to carry his own cross up to Calvary Hill after he was beaten. Just not real sure about Mel's accuracy, but we'll all know the truth one day.

They take many liberties with movies....but it is the only movie that has actually moved me to tears on the way Jesus was treated. Perhaps it had to be shown for people to really understand. And the account of Him having to carry the cross is in Scripture....He was so weak he had to have help.

The Crucifixion - John 19:
16 So he then handed Him over to them to be crucified. 17They took Jesus, therefore, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha.…

Mark 15:21
21 A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross.

Same entity, different roles.
God, the Father, God, the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit.
Dad, Dad's heart, and Dad's power.
He, being God, was able to separate those qualities so they could function independently. Jesus is the spitting image of His Father:
Here's how He described it:
“if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.”.

night.
:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back