Passion of the Christ

God, the Father, God, the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit.
Dad, Dad's heart, and Dad's power.

And THAT is why I appreciate you so much, hon, and has helped me through the years we have known each other. Simple. Easy. Peaceful.

(Irish and I call God, Daddy, just in case you wonder where that comes from. We have called Him that for years. :))

mankind's sin has a very high cost to all creation,man's sin brought pain,sickness and ruin and death to all the universe!!!

Oh, yeah, that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE sin where Eve took and ate an apple off a tree she was told not to. Oh, how HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Good grief. Ridiculous. Doesn't add up. Something's missing. Right from the start.

I mean I could see if her sin was to sneak up on Adam while he was sleeping, disembowel him and shake his guts at God saying, "I hate you, God!!! I love the snake better so I have killed Adam as a sacrifice to the Snake!" Something like that. But she took a freaking apple off a tree after being told not to. Whoopy doo. Something is missing.

God? I need some help here. I can't just fake it, not my style. That's why I quit going to church. All the phony people giggling and whispering while the host was being consecrated!!! Just couldn't stand that. We should have all been prostrate on the floor, not whispering among ourselves.

It wasn't an apple and it wasn't so much that she ate a fruit she was told not to eat....it was that she disobeyed. God is not just another person, He is the Almighty, and He makes the rules. We might not like them, but He is the creator of everything and deserves all the respect and obedience. And, it isn't like God would not have forgiven her....he is most Gracious to forgive the gravest of sinners....when you mock God, do you still feel He should extend that grace?

Yes. If I am truly His child...yes.

Well, it's not so much that I think He SHOULD extend that grace, since it's certainly not my place to say what God SHOULD do. It's that I think He WILL extend that grace. Because He loves us.

If my beloved dog, Greta, had ever bitten me, I would not have thrown her out or any such nonsense. I would have forgiven her, first and foremost. Surely God loves me as much as I loved (love) my dog Greta. I think it's really that simple.

(I got that kind of thinking from the book, "The Shack." In the book, the main character asks God about the most grievous sinners and what happens to them, and God pretty much said that was His concern and He will definitely deal with them. You know what I think? I think he rehabilitates them! :) )

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE sin where Eve took and ate an apple off a tree she was told not to. Oh, how HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Good grief. Ridiculous. Doesn't add up. Something's missing. Right from the start.

I mean I could see if her sin was to sneak up on Adam while he was sleeping, disembowel him and shake his guts at God saying, "I hate you, God!!! I love the snake better so I have killed Adam as a sacrifice to the Snake!" Something like that. But she took a freaking apple off a tree after being told not to. Whoopy doo. Something is missing.

God? I need some help here. I can't just fake it, not my style. That's why I quit going to church. All the phony people giggling and whispering while the host was being consecrated!!! Just couldn't stand that. We should have all been prostrate on the floor, not whispering among ourselves.

It wasn't an apple and it wasn't so much that she ate a fruit she was told not to eat....it was that she disobeyed. God is not just another person, He is the Almighty, and He makes the rules. We might not like them, but He is the creator of everything and deserves all the respect and obedience. And, it isn't like God would not have forgiven her....he is most Gracious to forgive the gravest of sinners....when you mock God, do you still feel He should extend that grace?

Yes. If I am truly His child...yes.

Well, it's not so much that I think He SHOULD extend that grace, since it's certainly not my place to say what God SHOULD do. It's that I think He WILL extend that grace. Because He loves us.

If my beloved dog, Greta, had ever bitten me, I would not have thrown her out or any such nonsense. I would have forgiven her, first and foremost. Surely God loves me as much as I loved (love) my dog Greta. I think it's really that simple.

(I got that kind of thinking from the book, "The Shack." In the book, the main character asks God about the most grievous sinners and what happens to them, and God pretty much said that was His concern and He will definitely deal with them. You know what I think? I think he rehabilitates them! :) )

LOL!! just the thought of little man thinking he is SMARTER,MORE JUST,MORE LOVING AND GOOD THAN ALMIGHTY GOD!!! WOW!!!

OVER 1000 YEARS BEFORE JESUS WAS BORN GOD SAYS ABOUT JESUS=In God’s eyes he was like a tender green shoot, sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground. But in our eyes there was no attractiveness at all, nothing to make us want him. 3 We despised him and rejected him—a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we didn’t care.

4 Yet it was our grief he bore, our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, for his own sins! 5 But he was wounded and bruised for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace; he was lashed—and we were healed! 6 We—every one of us—have strayed away like sheep! We, who left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet God laid on him the guilt and sins of every one of us!

7 He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he never said a word. He was brought as a lamb to the slaughter; and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he stood silent before the ones condemning him. 8 From prison and trial they led him away to his death. But who among the people of that day realized it was their sins that he was dying for—that he was suffering their punishment? 9 He was buried like a criminal, but in a rich man’s grave; but he had done no wrong and had never spoken an evil word.

10 But it was the Lord’s good plan to bruise him and fill him with grief. However, when his soul has been made an offering for sin, then he shall have a multitude of children, many heirs. He shall live again, and God’s program shall prosper in his hands. 11 And when he sees all that is accomplished by the anguish of his soul, he shall be satisfied; and because of what he has experienced, my righteous Servant shall make many to be counted righteous before God, for he shall bear all their sins. 12 Therefore, I will give him the honors of one who is mighty and great because he has poured out his soul unto death. He was counted as a sinner, and he bore the sins of many, and he pled with God for sinners.
ISAIAH CH. 53

i hope its ok for me to bump up this thread i watch the film i found it hard to watch but i know i needed to see this film
i knew what Jesus when throught before he died on the cross the film open my heart to Jesus more than ever
I want get on my knees and pray ask for his forgiveness i am a sinner... i cant cant put it into words right now

i hope its was ok to bump this thread

The Word of God tells us this: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Romans 3:23,24,25,26

When you sincerely repent of your sins and ask Jesus Christ to forgive you He will not turn you away. He will receive you.

The Word of God tells us this:
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9,10

Do you have a King James Holy Bible? Look up these scriptures. A good place to begin reading is John Chapter 1. The Lord loves you. He knows your heart. What he wants from you is a relationship. To spend time with Him and to follow Him and to obey Him. I'm going to post a link to my thread on Testimonies of Believers and they are going to share with you their experience of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Okay? Hold on. I'll go get it. p.s. Welcome to USMB and welcome to the family of God.

Jesus said,

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:13

You feel drawn to repent of your sins and fall on your knees to pray to Jesus because He sent His Holy Spirit to draw you. You could not do this on your own. It takes the drawing of the Holy Spirit. As you invite Jesus Christ into your life he will write your name in His Lamb's book of Life and you will know that when your life on earth is over, you will spend eternity with the Lord. What a blessed thing it is to know that you belong to the Lord.

Continue to seek him, obey him and read His Word daily and you will grow in your faith.

Testimony of the Believers

Below is a link to Mrs. Cowman's devotional and a video about the Potter and the Clay which describes how God works on us to forms and shapes us into a vessel that will glorify Him.
Daily Devotion August 19th, 2016

Last edited:
Jesus Christ was called before the foundation of this earth to be a Savior of mankind.

1 Peter 1:20
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

This implies that God knew that man would fall. But he placed here on this earth anyway? Why? Why didn't God, who is all powerful, simply make us perfect like himself so that we wouldn't sin? Knowing in advance that we would fall, why did he place us here? The answers to these questions and knowing the true nature of God will give you the answer you seek!

The true answer is that God is only all powerful in that he can do all that is possible. There are things that are eternally impossible. Even for God. For example, God could not create himself out of nothing. That which is self-existent (always existed) cannot be created or made. It has always existed. A part of man's spirit is self-existent. The intelligence of man has always existed and is a part of man's spirit. God cannot create from nothing. Ex Nihilo creation is a false concept that is not Biblical. Spirit and element are eternal by nature. Because a part of man is eternal by nature, God could not create mankind to be perfect. That part of man which thinks and chooses has always existed and could be created let alone be created perfect. This would mean that we existed before coming to this earth.

God is the Father of Jesus Christ. Christ was the first born spirit of the Father.

Romans 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

God the Father is the father of our spirits as well.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

When Adam came to this earth his body was created from the dust of the earth and God put his spirit into his body.

Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Mankind in his eternal state is imperfect. It was God's plan to have man become like him. God is a being of free will. To become like God, we also need free will. You cannot become like him without it. Since God could not create us to be perfect, he devised a way whereby man could progress to become more like God. This earth life is for that purpose. We learn good from evil, life from death, pain and suffering from joy and happiness. It was God's purpose that we come to this earth and learn by experience to choose the good over the evil. But God is a just and holy God and no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom. He is the judge of all and must uphold his law of justice for all. Once Adam sinned against his law, he became a fallen man. All by design to get us into this mortal fallen state to progress to become more like God. But there was a problem. Man could not return to God in his fallen state. God knew this and prepared a way whereby we might obtain mercy and grace. It was unjust for God to allow us into his kingdom. God needed a way to overcome the demands of justice that his law required. If he allowed sinners into heaven, God would no longer be a just God according to his own law. So God devised the plan of mercy and this is how it works:

God is a being who has a body of flesh and bones and is immortal. Immortality means that you cannot lay down your body to die. God needed a sacrifice that required the death of that sacrifice. So he needed a being who had reached perfection in the spirit but had not yet received a body. He needed a being who could go to the earth and live a perfectly sinless life. It was critical for this being to be sinless. So God chose his firstborn in the spirit, even Jesus Christ, to come to this earth and show mankind the true path. He then would suffer for the sins of all mankind. Only a being who is part God and part mortal could accomplish this. Because of his mortal heritage, he could lay down his life. Because of his infinite and eternal heritage, he could bear all the suffering that he bore. Now, the question you ask. What was all the suffering for? Why would God put his firstborn spirit through so much pain, suffering and death? He did it out of love for all his children. Was it just that a sinless being suffer for all the sins of the world? NO! It was so unjust. Jesus did not deserve any suffering and it cause the greatest injustice ever known. But why would God do this to his Son? The answer is that God, being a just and holy God, would of a necessity need to recompense the Christ for this great injustice! He would need to recompense the Christ to the full extent that he suffered! And that recompense was the right to grant forgiveness to all those who would repent of their sins. It was the Just for the Unjust! God the father would then be justified in granting to Jesus his recompense and this act of justice would overcome the demands of justice on the sinner if he would only repent. Why did the father do this? Because he wanted the best for all his children and he loved them with a pure love. Why did Jesus volunteer to be a Savior? Because he too loved us with a perfect love and wanted all of us to have the opportunity to become like God. There is no greater act of love that by the Father and the Son! God truly is love.

Jesus has won the reward and mercy is unto all the truly penitent of heart. Resurrection for was won through his atonement and resurrection. We all, both the righteous and the wicked will gain immortality through the resurrection. But to live in the kingdom of heaven, one must truly repent. Only then will the mercy of our Lord be granted unto us.

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

1 Peter 3:18
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Thank you both for the links and replying to me
i watched the testimonies there amazing peoples lifes changed so much by Jesus
Thank you for welcoming for me to the forum and to Jesus
i want to learn more about Jesus so i am reading the bible slowly and watching other films about the bible and Jesus :)

Your most welcome! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you watched the testimonies of the Believers! It's always helpful to hear how others gave their life to Jesus Christ and hear of the great things God had done in their life afterward. I know he will do the same for you! Welcome to the family of God! I'm very, very happy for you!

Forum List

Back