Paul Ryan's Free School Lunch Story Never Actually Happened

boilermaker55

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2011
"..the story closely paralleled an exchange from a book called "An Invisible Thread," in which an executive offers to either give a young, homeless panhandler money to eat for the week or else make lunch for him each day. The boy insists on having his lunch made for him in a brown-paper bag, because that means "somebody cares" about him."
Can the tea party ever tell a true story.

"..the story closely paralleled an exchange from a book called "An Invisible Thread," in which an executive offers to either give a young, homeless panhandler money to eat for the week or else make lunch for him each day. The boy insists on having his lunch made for him in a brown-paper bag, because that means "somebody cares" about him."
These guys don't let facts get in the way. They believe in the Bible remember? If it got written down it must therefore be true.

All lip from this tribe.
Like this morning hearing one of them say about the "dignity" of work but nothing ever said about the DIGNITY of pay with the work.

These guys don't let facts get in the way. They believe in the Bible remember? If it got written down it must therefore be true.

What does Eloise Anderson and the story she told Paul Ryan have to do with the Tea Party?

Ignore the obvious!
:cuckoo:

What does Eloise Anderson and the story she told Paul Ryan have to do with the Tea Party?

Regardless whether the story is true or not, providing lunch for the child should always be the responsibility of the parents and never of the school.

There is no excuse to send a child to school without lunch.

To what recourse does the child have if there is no means for them to have a lunch?
Or do you live in fantasy land like the tea party?

Regardless whether the story is true or not, providing lunch for the child should always be the responsibility of the parents and never of the school.

Ignore the obvious!

What? the obvious fact that you're either being disingenuous or didn't actually read the story you linked?

Now back to the original question what does Secretary Eloise Anderson and the story she told Paul Ryan have to do with the Tea Party? Feel free to duck it again if you must......

When at school, the school is the parent, in loco parentis, it's why they can spank them. So parents, feed your children, all three meals if necessary, and send us the bill. Thanks a bunch.

And make sure they get washed up, into clean clothes, get some exercise, have some fun, learn some civics, culture, and religion, and finish their homework. We have work to do, you have kids to care for.

... the child should always be the responsibility of the parents and never of the school.
The school can sign off on a kid getting emergency brain surgery, if the parents or guardians can't be contacted. Learn what In Loco Parentis means.

Ignore the obvious!

Absolutely nothing! The simple fact is that somewhere around 80% of school children would prefer a brown bag lunch to a school lunch. Especially, the modern version of school lunches. I doubt the "somebody cares" thought has much to do with it.

Ignore the obvious!

Absolutely nothing!
*BINGO*

The simple fact is that somewhere around 80% of school children would prefer a brown bag lunch to a school lunch. Especially, the modern version of school lunches. I doubt the "somebody cares" thought has much to do with it.
The point of the story didn't have anything to do with school lunches, Ryan was using it to demonstrate the emptiness and disconnection that result from the Nanny State. His mistake was not verifying the accuracy of Ms. Anderson's story before using it in a speech.

Ignore the obvious!

Absolutely nothing!
*BINGO*

The simple fact is that somewhere around 80% of school children would prefer a brown bag lunch to a school lunch. Especially, the modern version of school lunches. I doubt the "somebody cares" thought has much to do with it.
The point of the story didn't have anything to do with school lunches, Ryan was using it to demonstrate the emptiness and disconnection that result from the Nanny State. His mistake was not verifying the accuracy of Ms. Anderson's story before using it in a speech.
His mistake is thinking that's how the world actually works.

They are all plagiarists without an original thought in their corporatist heads.

Absolutely nothing!
*BINGO*

That's your opinion, one that I'm sure you can back up with reason and evidence. :popcorn:

Absolutely nothing!
*BINGO*

Paul Ryan is another elitist who never had to work for a living, like Ann Romney.

To what recourse does the child have if there is no means for them to have a lunch?
Or do you live in fantasy land like the tea party?

A child is supposed to have parents that provide his lunch in school. The parents ARE the recourse not the school or the government.

FYI, I grew up in war torn Hungary. From 1945 to 1956 I attended schools with lunch packed in my school bag by my mother. The schools I attended concentrated on giving me a decent education, not teaching me how to be free loader.

In America, especially with all the social programs that help the poor, there is NO EXCUSE for a responsible parent not to pack lunch for his/her child.

Forum List

Back