Paul Whalen Was Captured and Imprisoned By Russia For Whatever He Did Under The Trump Administration

Maybe President Trump wasn’t willing to deal a notorious arms dealer for him?
That's 100 percent the case.

“The possibility of a Bout-for-Whelan trade existed back then,” said Bolton, 74, “and it wasn’t made, for very good reasons having to deal with Viktor Bout.”

“Obviously, there’s a lot of very understandable human emotion here in getting Griner released, but this is a very bad mistake by the Biden administration,” Bolton told CBS of the decision to swap Bout — convicted in 2011 of conspiracy to kill Americans by supplying a Colombian terrorist group with weapons — in exchange for a basketball player jailed for bringing less than a gram of cannabis oil into Russia.

“This is not a deal. This is not a swap. This is a surrender,” Bolton added. “And terrorists and rogue states all around the world will take note of this, and it endangers other Americans in the future who can be grabbed and used as bargaining chips by people who don’t have the same morals and scruples that we do.

“There are occasions when you swap spies. Obviously, there are legitimate exchanges of prisoners of war,” he continued. “But this doesn’t even approximate that. The idea that somehow what Brittney Griner did — very foolishly, in my estimate — but that whatever she did compares to Viktor Bout is something that shows just how desperate the administration was to make this deal. And I’m just very worried about the effect it has and the danger that it can put many other Americans in, all around the world.”

yeah, because Putin wanted the Merchant of Death, and Trump told him to pound sand. It's that simple. He wasn't going to do a one-one trade for a terrorist that has conspired to kill Americans....
He didn’t lift a finger for Whelan. Trump didn’t tell anyone to “pound sand”. Please leave your fantasies to yourself.

Paul Whalen Was Captured and Imprisoned By Russia For Whatever He Did Under The Trump Administration​

So what?
If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.
Especially in some foreign country.

He didn’t lift a finger for Whelan. Trump didn’t tell anyone to “pound sand”. Please leave your fantasies to yourself.
According to Bolton, you are a liar.

“The possibility of a Bout-for-Whelan trade existed back then,” said Bolton, 74, “and it wasn’t made, for very good reasons having to deal with Viktor Bout.”

“Obviously, there’s a lot of very understandable human emotion here in getting Griner released, but this is a very bad mistake by the Biden administration,” Bolton told CBS of the decision to swap Bout — convicted in 2011 of conspiracy to kill Americans by supplying a Colombian terrorist group with weapons — in exchange for a basketball player jailed for bringing less than a gram of cannabis oil into Russia.

“This is not a deal. This is not a swap. This is a surrender,” Bolton added. “And terrorists and rogue states all around the world will take note of this, and it endangers other Americans in the future who can be grabbed and used as bargaining chips by people who don’t have the same morals and scruples that we do.

“There are occasions when you swap spies. Obviously, there are legitimate exchanges of prisoners of war,” he continued. “But this doesn’t even approximate that. The idea that somehow what Brittney Griner did — very foolishly, in my estimate — but that whatever she did compares to Viktor Bout is something that shows just how desperate the administration was to make this deal. And I’m just very worried about the effect it has and the danger that it can put many other Americans in, all around the world.”

Trump wasn't going to surrrender to Putin, and put Americans at risk by giving up the Merchant of Death, like Putin's bitch, Joey Xiden

1670620786056.png

Trump wasn't going to surrrender to Putin, and put Americans at risk by giving up the Merchant of Death, like Putin's bitch, Joey Xiden
He didn’t lift a finger for Whelan. Trump

Trump couldn't "art of the deal" anything. Trump had over two years to get Whelan from his buddy Putin. Like trading him for an invite back into the G8.

But Trump was giving that away for free.

Trump couldn't "art of the deal" anything. Trump had over two years to get Whelan from his buddy Putin. Like trading him for an invite back into the G8.

But Trump was giving that away for free.
Putin wanted the Merchant of Death, as Bolton highlighted, Trump wasn't going to do that. He wasn't Putin's bitch like Xiden.

Putin was invited back to the G8 by the majority of the countries
Later on, the Italian Foreign Affairs minister Federica Mogherini and other Italian authorities,[23][24] along with the EastWest Institute board member Wolfgang Ischinger,[25] suggested that Russia may restore its membership in the group. In April 2015, the German foreign minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said that Russia would be welcomed to return to G8 provided the Minsk Protocol was implemented.[26] In 2016, he added that "none of the major international conflicts can be solved without Russia", and the G7 countries will consider Russia's return to the group in 2017. The same year, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe called for Russia's return to G8, stating that Russia's involvement is "crucial to tackling multiple crises in the Middle East".[27] In January 2017, the Italian foreign minister Angelino Alfano said that Italy hopes for "resuming the G8 format with Russia and ending the atmosphere of the Cold War

making up shit again?

I want to know why Griner was a priority over Whalen.

I want to know why Biden gave up a major arms dealer to get back a minor drug dealer.

Did he learn that kind of dealing from Obama?
No, he learned it from Trump who released three Haqqani commanders in exchange for one American.

Or did you conveniently forget that?

No, he learned it from Trump who released three Haqqani commanders in exchange for one American.

Or did you conveniently forget that?

He was VP when Obama traded 5 terrorist leaders for an AWOL jerk.

and you think he learned it from Trump?

Why not?

Because he's a WASP?

If he was a Black lesbian, would it have made a difference?
Maybe it’s because Whelan has a more problematic background that has nothing to do with race.

But I have noticed plenty of attacks on Griner’s race, sexual orientation and “anti American” attitude. She’s young, traveled to Russia multiple times to play basketball, and (if true) one stupid minor act on her part made her a political pawn with a ten yr stint in a penal colony.

I don’t have an issue of her getting released.

Maybe it’s because Whelan has a more problematic background that has nothing to do with race.

But I have noticed plenty of attacks on Griner’s race, sexual orientation and “anti American” attitude. She’s young, traveled to Russia multiple times to play basketball, and (if true) one stupid minor act on her part made her a political pawn with a ten yr stint in a penal colony.

I don't either,

But she wasn't worth releasing/ being traded for an international arms dealer.

I don't either,

But she wasn't worth releasing/ being traded for an international arms dealer.
I dunno. I heard an interesting discussion on it. Bouch has been imprisoned since 2008. That is 14 years. The crime world hasn’t exactly stood still. His gap has been filled by others. His network and contacts are long outdated. While he may continue to try and sell arms it is unlikely to be at the same level as before because it is a crowded field now.

This could have been been the right opportunity. The closer he gets to his release, the less value he would have.

The. TRUMP. Administration. Republicans didn't whisper a peep!!!

But now we're supposed to believe that they're so upset and outraged that he didn't get released w/or instead of Brittney Griner?!??

Why didn't Trump work to get him released, and if he was working on it, he failed, so why didn't you condemn him for it?
Why didn't Trump work to get him released,

You have made factual claims but provided no links as required, Simp.

Forum List

Back