pay walls on news paper sites - a problem not just for me?

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
i run an RSS website. i collect news article snippets posted through websites' RSS links automatically, and display them in an attractive interface.
so far so good, until those newspapers start putting the content of these articles behind pay walls, something that is happening to more and more newspapers.
ultimately, this will hurt those newspapers' business, because now i'm faced with the choice of stopping the collection of new snippets from their RSS pages.

so i have a different business model to suggest for those news papers, and i'd like some feedback on this please.

instead of a pay wall, just implement custom per-article ads (and an ad-blocking detection javascript).
when played right, the returns could be even higher than a subscription!

i run an RSS website. i collect news article snippets posted through websites' RSS links automatically, and display them in an attractive interface.
so far so good, until those newspapers start putting the content of these articles behind pay walls, something that is happening to more and more newspapers.
ultimately, this will hurt those newspapers' business, because now i'm faced with the choice of stopping the collection of new snippets from their RSS pages.

so i have a different business model to suggest for those news papers, and i'd like some feedback on this please.

instead of a pay wall, just implement custom per-article ads (and an ad-blocking detection javascript).
Me as a web page consumer/customer, I'm finding more and more pages/sites swamped with adverts, banners, pop ups, slide shows etc.. to the point I click off their site and go elsewhere. I always avoided paywall sites until the thread in feedback using archive.is, now I can get around most paywalls.

Also, if you have to accept cookies to use a site, I just click off the web site and go elsewhere.

What do you expect the corrupt MSM to do ?

Applaud you and send you money for exposing them ?

Why bother? It’s all propaganda.

lol why do people think private news services should be free? The usual spoiled bourgeois brat sense of entitlement?

Forum List

Back