Paying for the fence

the problem of paying for a wall is pretty much been solved...

THERE AIN'T GONNA BE NO WALL !!!

If we didn't help out Mexico a bit, the number of illegal immigrants into this country would REALLY be a problem. However, since more and more US businesses are moving operations to Mexico, maybe we could look at that aid number again.

Trump keeps saying there's a 50+ billion trade deficit with Mexico. I don't know what that is, but he somehow plans to use it to pay for The Wall. If anyone is feeling patient enough to explain, I'd appreciate it. I've tried Googling 'economics' before, and it just gives me a migraine and hives.
Also, if we actually focused on fixing our immigration problems, your hypothetical wouldn't even apply. But alas, our government doesn't fix SHIT

What is the fix?

WHY are they not great neighbors?

Would you rather have North Korea as a neighbor or how about Iran as a neighbor or maybe Iraq or Russia or China as a neighbor?

Allowing the border out to be open while their own border is shut tight. The drug wars are spilling over into the border states.

If we didn't help out Mexico a bit, the number of illegal immigrants into this country would REALLY be a problem. However, since more and more US businesses are moving operations to Mexico, maybe we could look at that aid number again.

Trump keeps saying there's a 50+ billion trade deficit with Mexico. I don't know what that is, but he somehow plans to use it to pay for The Wall. If anyone is feeling patient enough to explain, I'd appreciate it. I've tried Googling 'economics' before, and it just gives me a migraine and hives.
We import more than we export from them.
Our trade deficit with China is over 500 billion I believe.
Its fuckin crazy!
Ahhhh, so the fact that we are such good customers will impel Mexico to pay for the wall to keep us happy importers of their products? Is that what Trump is counting on?
No. But if we tariff the shit out of their exports to us, what are they going to do? Their economy will pay the price. Or what if he cuts off their aid for 10 years? People saying "mexico wont pay for the wall" are ignorant. There are more ways than asking for a blank check. Knee-jerking, if you will.
Let;s just hope the paying for the wall things doesn't lead to trade agreements with countries like China and Russia. It would suck to see Chinese factories sprouting up all over Mexico.

Also, if we actually focused on fixing our immigration problems, your hypothetical wouldn't even apply. But alas, our government doesn't fix SHIT

What is the fix?
TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem

43 spent over a billion dollars on a failure of a FENCE

Trump has said several times he can build a WALL for 10-15 million dollars..

uh huh, :eusa_whistle:

Actually, that around 12 Billion dollars. It's really very easy to understand. We have a $56 Billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. Trump cuts that trade deficit by $12 Billion dollars and he has in effect made Mexico pay for the fence. The added benefit is that it will slow the drug trafficking from Mexico.

Its fuckin crazy!
Ahhhh, so the fact that we are such good customers will impel Mexico to pay for the wall to keep us happy importers of their products? Is that what Trump is counting on?
No. But if we tariff the shit out of their exports to us, what are they going to do? Their economy will pay the price. Or what if he cuts off their aid for 10 years? People saying "mexico wont pay for the wall" are ignorant. There are more ways than asking for a blank check. Knee-jerking, if you will.
Let;s just hope the paying for the wall things doesn't lead to trade agreements with countries like China and Russia. It would suck to see Chinese factories sprouting up all over Mexico.

Why? Maybe if the Mexicans had some jobs in Chinese factories they would stay at home.

Its fuckin crazy!
Mexico has countries sprouting up from everywhere.
Besides, they trade almost 70 billion a year now. Hell, Mexico even talks shit about Chinese manipulation of the markets lol. IDK..

Here is a way to get Mexico to pay for the fence.

It's a fence now?

The rubes voted for a wall, dammit!

1zdr961.jpg

Actually, that around 12 Billion dollars. It's really very easy to understand. We have a $56 Billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. Trump cuts that trade deficit by $12 Billion dollars and he has in effect made Mexico pay for the fence. The added benefit is that it will slow the drug trafficking from Mexico.

The $4 billion a year we'll save putting a stop to illegals filing for tax refunds they are not entitled to will pay for the fence.

Tariffs, that's the ticket

Yes indeed. Put a stiff tariff on every Ford product that comes into this country from Mexico. Let the Mexicans drive the Fords they build. We have plenty of other makes of vehicles to choose from.

The $4 billion a year we'll save putting a stop to illegals filing for tax refunds they are not entitled to will pay for the fence.

It's not a fence. It's a wall. A big beautiful wall.

Tariffs, that's the ticket

Yes indeed. Put a stiff tariff on every Ford product that comes into this country from Mexico. Let the Mexicans drive the Fords they build. We have plenty of other makes of vehicles to choose from.

Actually an embargo put on by the consumer would be the most effective, but would never ever work.

It's not a fence. It's a wall. A big beautiful wall.

Will it have machine guns and artillery?

Forum List

Back