Pelosi: We will raise taxes if we retake house

It goes beyond taking the House

But what happens as soon as Trump is voted out of office?

Repeal the tax cuts on billionaires and corporations
Repair Obamacare
Rejoin the Paris Climate Accord
Rejoin the Iran nuclear deal
Take the Embassy out of Jerusalem

Tear down the wall

Should take about a week to destroy the Trump legacy

And the Democrat party at the same time. How do you think you got here in the first place?

Somebody has to pay for the republicans giveaway to the rich and their drunken sailor budget. You think money grows on trees?
what giveaway? still waiting on that explanation. still got crickets.

you need to understand the language you use. give away implies handing someone something you have. when did the government get the rich folks money?

Come now Robin.
Just a few months ago, they call it a middle class tax cut, but that was a lie.

It was? I'm middle-class, and I got a tax break. According to my tax preparer, I'm getting a hell of a refund check from my 2018 return as well. Until then, I'm enjoying the extra few bucks in my check every week.
Well, that makes 1......

One?

Today is Tax Day. It’s the day where the Internal Revenue Service takes their yearly pound of flesh to the government. And for 80 percent of Americans, they’ll be getting relief thanks to President Trump and the Republican Congress passing the most extensive tax reform since the Reagan administration (via NTK Network):

That estimate comes not from the GOP, or even from a right-leaning outlet, but from the Tax Policy Center (TPC), a left-leaning think tank.

According to TPC’s December 2017 estimates, 80.4 percent of tax units will receive a tax cut in 2018, averaging $2,140.

Happy Tax Day: 80 Percent Of Americans Will Be Getting A Cut Thanks To Trump Tax Bill

The Republican tax plan gives 83 percent of its tax cuts to the … one percent.

No one said you don't deserve a tax cut, but why give so much to the top when the income gap in the widest in first world and getting wider...

A thriving economy has a large middle class... The bigger the better and doing well... This tax cut should have been giving 80% to lower and middle class... That is what helps an economy...
US also need investment in certain areas, Education has to get affordable, Healthcare affordable, infrastructure improved...

It was possible to give the same tax cut to just the lower and middle class and invest in those areas... US would come out stronger as a result...

what giveaway? still waiting on that explanation. still got crickets.

you need to understand the language you use. give away implies handing someone something you have. when did the government get the rich folks money?

Come now Robin.
Just a few months ago, they call it a middle class tax cut, but that was a lie.

It was? I'm middle-class, and I got a tax break. According to my tax preparer, I'm getting a hell of a refund check from my 2018 return as well. Until then, I'm enjoying the extra few bucks in my check every week.
Well, that makes 1......

One?

Today is Tax Day. It’s the day where the Internal Revenue Service takes their yearly pound of flesh to the government. And for 80 percent of Americans, they’ll be getting relief thanks to President Trump and the Republican Congress passing the most extensive tax reform since the Reagan administration (via NTK Network):

That estimate comes not from the GOP, or even from a right-leaning outlet, but from the Tax Policy Center (TPC), a left-leaning think tank.

According to TPC’s December 2017 estimates, 80.4 percent of tax units will receive a tax cut in 2018, averaging $2,140.

Happy Tax Day: 80 Percent Of Americans Will Be Getting A Cut Thanks To Trump Tax Bill

The Republican tax plan gives 83 percent of its tax cuts to the … one percent.

No one said you don't deserve a tax cut, but why give so much to the top when the income gap in the widest in first world and getting wider...

A thriving economy has a large middle class... The bigger the better and doing well... This tax cut should have been giving 80% to lower and middle class... That is what helps an economy...
US also need investment in certain areas, Education has to get affordable, Healthcare affordable, infrastructure improved...

It was possible to give the same tax cut to just the lower and middle class and invest in those areas... US would come out stronger as a result...

Sure doesn't seem that way. DumBama had a near trillion dollar pork bill that was supposed to address the things you listed. Didn't do much good, did it?

Many people don't even pay income tax in this country. So if you cut their income tax rate, it would be almost nothing, especially for lower middle-class people. I think what you are talking about is giving them money.

In case you haven't noticed, Trump's plan is doing just fine. The economy hasn't been this good since the mid 90's, and there are no gimmicks like the tech or housing bubbles. It's lower taxation on most people including our job creators. It's consumer confidence that has people spending money.

Repair Obamacare

Tear down the wall

And the Democrat party at the same time. How do you think you got here in the first place?
The Trump legacy will be easy to destroy

Hell, Mexico will even help tear down the wall

Repair Obamacare

Tear down the wall

The Trump legacy will be easy to destroy

Hell, Mexico will even help tear down the wall

I'm sure they will. Liberals and Mexicans have the same mentality.

Last edited:
Pelosi: Why Yes–Democrats Are Going To Raise Taxes If We Retake The House

My oh my the gift that keeps giving! How many idiots on the fence will vote for HIGHER taxes ESPECIALLY the working class that the dems lost in 2016? NOT MANY! These are the people the tax cuts are helping the most with bonuses and higher pay....
Lol..it appears you forgot to tell the whole story..how unusual for you!
Cancel tax cuts for the wealthy...keep the tax cuts for the middle class and the poor.

Agree or not...people that skew the news to suit their agenda are pieces of shit.

"The moment isn't quite as easily transferrable to GOP campaign ads as some might want it to be, given that the question was somewhat complex. And Pelosi may argue that her “that's accurate” comment was about rolling back certain tax cuts rather than "raise taxes." She added, “I do think we should revisit the tax legislation in … a bipartisan, transparent way.”

Her spokesman, Drew Hammill, pointed to Pelosi's previous comments looking to roll back specific aspects of the tax cuts while strengthening middle-class tax cuts: “Once again, Republicans are desperate to misrepresent any effort to roll back their debt-exploding tax giveaways for big corporations and the wealthiest 1 percent as ‘raising taxes’ on middle class families.” He noted the that GOP tax plan would eventually raise taxes on individuals when those tax cuts expire in a decade. (Congress may renew those cuts before then.)

But that nuanced position was, for a moment, set aside. Most any politician knows that when you are asked whether you want to “raise taxes,” the next word out of your mouth probably shouldn't be “yes.” You talk around it. You massage it. Republicans passed this bill partially in the hope that Democrats would be baited into running against tax cuts and for raising taxes, and Pelosi seems to be obliging them."

My oh my the gift that keeps giving! How many idiots on the fence will vote for HIGHER taxes ESPECIALLY the working class that the dems lost in 2016? NOT MANY! These are the people the tax cuts are helping the most with bonuses and higher pay....
Cancel tax cuts for the wealthy...keep the tax cuts for the middle class and the poor.

Agree or not...people that skew the news to suit their agenda are pieces of shit.

"The moment isn't quite as easily transferrable to GOP campaign ads as some might want it to be, given that the question was somewhat complex. And Pelosi may argue that her “that's accurate” comment was about rolling back certain tax cuts rather than "raise taxes." She added, “I do think we should revisit the tax legislation in … a bipartisan, transparent way.”

Her spokesman, Drew Hammill, pointed to Pelosi's previous comments looking to roll back specific aspects of the tax cuts while strengthening middle-class tax cuts: “Once again, Republicans are desperate to misrepresent any effort to roll back their debt-exploding tax giveaways for big corporations and the wealthiest 1 percent as ‘raising taxes’ on middle class families.” He noted the that GOP tax plan would eventually raise taxes on individuals when those tax cuts expire in a decade. (Congress may renew those cuts before then.)

But that nuanced position was, for a moment, set aside. Most any politician knows that when you are asked whether you want to “raise taxes,” the next word out of your mouth probably shouldn't be “yes.” You talk around it. You massage it. Republicans passed this bill partially in the hope that Democrats would be baited into running against tax cuts and for raising taxes, and Pelosi seems to be obliging them."
why would you destroy the economy by reinstating what failed for eight years? I don't get you stupid fks at all. 13% increase in Revenue in April. and you want to shut that back off. and then you wish to say you are for middle america? hahahahahaa:auiqs.jpg:

BTW, the bill repatriated money back to the US for investing. and again, you wish to drive it to a foreign bank. wow.

why would you destroy the economy by reinstating what failed for eight years? I don't get you stupid fks at all. 13% increase in Revenue in April. and you want to shut that back off. and then you wish to say you are for middle america? hahahahahaa:auiqs.jpg:

BTW, the bill repatriated money back to the US for investing. and again, you wish to drive it to a foreign bank. wow.
Hmm...you assume my agreement. Well...I think that making the personal cuts permanent rather that letting them expire in 10 years is a good idea..and I think that letting the tax cuts on the 1% and corporations expire in 10 years is a good idea. Other than that...I worry about the deficit..and I'm amused at those who would take a few months worth of data and extrapolate continued growth and success...My post here was all about the blatant spin and dishonesty in Odium's post. He could have been 100% honest and still made a cogent point--yet he chose not to.

If you are really interested in what is going on..behind the curtain in our economy--

Goldman: Something strange is happening with the US economy that could cause interest rates to jump

"America's budget deficit and unemployment rate are heading in opposite directions — something that's never happened during post World War II peacetime and could cause a significant jump in interest rates.
Goldman Sachs projects, for instance, that the 10-year Treasury note could be yielding 3.6 percent next year.
The deficit increase is coming due to the recent barrage of fiscal stimulus from Congress, including a $1.5 trillion tax cut approved in December 2017 and a $1.3 trillion spending bill aimed at keeping the government operating through the end of the fiscal year.
Normally such moves would come as in the early stages of an economic recovery. The U.S. economy, though, is in the eighth year of its post-financial crisis expansion, middling as it has been.
The unemployment rate is now at 3.9 percent and falling, while the budget deficit was at $668 billion in 2017 and is expected, according to the Congressional Budget Office, to top $1 trillion by 2020. That's a dual phenomenon that is highly uncommon in the U.S., according to Goldman economists."

She better dang it! Cuz then we won't be able to have stuff, and without stuff the gang bangers won't want in our homes to steal our stuff and there won't be a need for the guns that she confiscates, cuz we wont need them to defend the stuff we no longer have because she took all our money to buy stuff!

Makes complete sense, who's with me!

Hmm...you assume my agreement. Well...I think that making the personal cuts permanent rather that letting them expire in 10 years is a good idea..and I think that letting the tax cuts on the 1% and corporations expire in 10 years is a good idea. Other than that...I worry about the deficit..and I'm amused at those who would take a few months worth of data and extrapolate continued growth and success...My post here was all about the blatant spin and dishonesty in Odium's post. He could have been 100% honest and still made a cogent point--yet he chose not to.

If you are really interested in what is going on..behind the curtain in our economy--

Goldman: Something strange is happening with the US economy that could cause interest rates to jump

"America's budget deficit and unemployment rate are heading in opposite directions — something that's never happened during post World War II peacetime and could cause a significant jump in interest rates.
Goldman Sachs projects, for instance, that the 10-year Treasury note could be yielding 3.6 percent next year.
The deficit increase is coming due to the recent barrage of fiscal stimulus from Congress, including a $1.5 trillion tax cut approved in December 2017 and a $1.3 trillion spending bill aimed at keeping the government operating through the end of the fiscal year.
Normally such moves would come as in the early stages of an economic recovery. The U.S. economy, though, is in the eighth year of its post-financial crisis expansion, middling as it has been.
The unemployment rate is now at 3.9 percent and falling, while the budget deficit was at $668 billion in 2017 and is expected, according to the Congressional Budget Office, to top $1 trillion by 2020. That's a dual phenomenon that is highly uncommon in the U.S., according to Goldman economists."
The GOP will revisit the expiration of the middle class cuts. Why do you wish to punish corporations? I still don't get why you hate them so much when they supply the paying jobs for people to pay taxes on. I don't get you.

As for the deficit, it's the spending dummy.

The GOP will revisit the expiration of the middle class cuts. Why do you wish to punish corporations? I still don't get why you hate them so much when they supply the paying jobs for people to pay taxes on. I don't get you.

Lol!

Who's the dummy here...remains to be seen. Since you appear to have completely missed the point illustrated in the link..allow me to elaborate:

We have almost full employment..in fact, many say we do, for all intents. We have a huge deficit..and it is growing--despite raises in revenue. In simple terms..this means that maximum revenue is being taken in by the Govt. and it is not enough to pay the bills. Thus, a climbing deficit, that, in the future--will drag us down. We will have to borrow--and eventually..the interest on our debt will swamp us.

Usually..historically...when employment climbs..the deficit drops. For the first time since WW2---this is not the case. There is no more tax money to be had...unless we see the light...and end the corporate tax cuts.

This is the end result of Trump's Tax reform coupled with a huge budget that gave everyone what they wanted.

Lol!

Who's the dummy here...remains to be seen. Since you appear to have completely missed the point illustrated in the link..allow me to elaborate:

We have almost full employment..in fact, many say we do, for all intents. We have a huge deficit..and it is growing--despite raises in revenue. In simple terms..this means that maximum revenue is being taken in by the Govt. and it is not enough to pay the bills. Thus, a climbing deficit, that, in the future--will drag us down. We will have to borrow--and eventually..the interest on our debt will swamp us.

Usually..historically...when employment climbs..the deficit drops. For the first time since WW2---this is not the case. There is no more tax money to be had...unless we see the light...and end the corporate tax cuts.

This is the end result of Trump's Tax reform coupled with a huge budget that gave everyone what they wanted.
then why are there 5 million open jobs and 4% unemployment? The truth is that spending is what causes a deficit, not incoming revenue. you ain't got it, you don't spend it. Isn't that how your house functions?

Lol!

then why are there 5 million open jobs and 4% unemployment? The truth is that spending is what causes a deficit, not incoming revenue. you ain't got it, you don't spend it. Isn't that how your house functions?
Dang..it's like you don't even read what I type!!

One more time..just for the hell of it--if your income does not match your spending..you have a deficit. Right now..the US income is at it's max--yet..the deficit is growing.

Yes, it's the spending...coupled with the loss of revenue caused by the tax cuts.

Usually, when the economy is doing as well as this one is..the deficit drops..yet this time..it has not. A red flag if ever there was one.

It's like...you took a pay cut...and went out and maxed your credit cards. Good times...until the interest on the bills pile up...and you have locked yourself into a contract that says you cannot get a raise.

You have yet to even begin to address how to fix a system that has increased its spending...while decreasing its revenue.

The GOP used to be all about responsible fiscal govt.--now---since Trump---they just don't care.

WHO pays most of the Federal, and State Income taxes in the U.S.? Who?

Lol!

One more time..just for the hell of it--if your income does not match your spending..you have a deficit. Right now..the US income is at it's max--yet..the deficit is growing.

Yes, it's the spending...coupled with the loss of revenue caused by the tax cuts.

Usually, when the economy is doing as well as this one is..the deficit drops..yet this time..it has not. A red flag if ever there was one.

It's like...you took a pay cut...and went out and maxed your credit cards. Good times...until the interest on the bills pile up...and you have locked yourself into a contract that says you cannot get a raise.

You have yet to even begin to address how to fix a system that has increased its spending...while decreasing its revenue.

The GOP used to be all about responsible fiscal govt.--now---since Trump---they just don't care.
damn when your income doesn't match your spending, you curb your spending dah!!!!!

Lol!

It's kind of like this:

If Trump and the Republicans didn't spend any money for the things we wanted, then Democrats got everything they wanted, then Republicans lose support for next election.

If Trump and the Republicans spend money on the things we want, and the things Democrats want, then the Republicans at least got something out of the deal.

If Republicans only spent money on the things we want, and little of what the Democrats want, then the Democrats shutdown the government and the MSM blames the Republicans.

Lol!

damn when your income doesn't match your spending, you curb your spending dah!!!!!
Or increase your income..yes. However..we have increased spending and decreased income..all at once. You tell me..what's the answer for that?

If you were to do the math..you would soon see that the classic Republican answer..that of cutting entitlement programs to the bone--will not work..even if it were politically feasible..which it is not. Nor will the classic Democratic solution..cutting military spending--even if THAT were politically feasible..which it is not.

So, increasing revenue is the answer--except..that also is not politically feasible.

It would appear that, once again, some will point out that the house is on fire..but no one will grab a bucket of water..until it's all ashes. Again.

Lol!

It's kind of like this:

If Trump and the Republicans didn't spend any money for the things we wanted, then Democrats got everything they wanted, then Republicans lose support for next election.

If Trump and the Republicans spend money on the things we want, and the things Democrats want, then the Republicans at least got something out of the deal.

If Republicans only spent money on the things we want, and little of what the Democrats want, then the Democrats shutdown the government and the MSM blames the Republicans.
Sad..but true. The only solution would be politicians who are willing to sacrifice their turn at the public trough..for the good of the nation.

What are the odds of that???

Lol!

Or increase your income..yes. However..we have increased spending and decreased income..all at once. You tell me..what's the answer for that?

If you were to do the math..you would soon see that the classic Republican answer..that of cutting entitlement programs to the bone--will not work..even if it were politically feasible..which it is not. Nor will the classic Democratic solution..cutting military spending--even if THAT were politically feasible..which it is not.

So, increasing revenue is the answer--except..that also is not politically feasible.

It would appear that, once again, some will point out that the house is on fire..but no one will grab a bucket of water..until it's all ashes. Again.
they increased spending by 13% in April. And we still had a deficit. looks like it's spending to me.

Lol!

It's kind of like this:

Sad..but true. The only solution would be politicians who are willing to sacrifice their turn at the public trough..for the good of the nation.

What are the odds of that???
they call them term limits. And if there were actual term limits, then they would do the work of the people. Career politicians only look out for their careers and not the people. Hence, trump.

Forum List

Back