Pentagon To Announce Equal Benefits For Married Gay Couples

Dude while defending gays attacking someone by insinuating that they are gay is hypocritical and a straw man try again

Straw man? Actually no.
Usually the most outspoken and vile homophobes are closeted homosexuals who are trying to compensate. It is actually very sad. Why do you and other's hate gay people so much?

Don't give me that holler than tho shit. You hate anything that is being forced on you that goes against your belief. You hate what you view as wrong . So don't give me that shit why do you hate.

So you can't answer?

Straw man? Actually no.
Usually the most outspoken and vile homophobes are closeted homosexuals who are trying to compensate. It is actually very sad. Why do you and other's hate gay people so much?

Don't give me that holler than tho shit. You hate anything that is being forced on you that goes against your belief. You hate what you view as wrong . So don't give me that shit why do you hate.

So you can't answer?

Can you read? You as in everybody.

You see "that sort of thing" in your head often? :eusa_whistle:

I'm not sick and perverted morally lacking like you, you've dream of making the call haven't you? I can see you making that order.

bigr, instead of worrying about your fantasy of sucking a cock, you should be more worried about the thousands of hetero rapes in the military, because they at least are real, and not some closeted gay man's fantasy.

If he is, and I'm not getting that vibe like a do with a few others, he might as well stay closeted...because no one would want him.

I'm not sick and perverted morally lacking like you, you've dream of making the call haven't you? I can see you making that order.

bigr, instead of worrying about your fantasy of sucking a cock, you should be more worried about the thousands of hetero rapes in the military, because they at least are real, and not some closeted gay man's fantasy.

If he is, and I'm not getting that vibe like a do with a few others, he might as well stay closeted...because no one would want him.

blah blah blah blah don't forget I can take your woman at any time.

I can actually tolerate a gay man, one of our engineers is gay and he doesent parade it, easier than I can tolerate pissed off bull dykes that hate the world because thay aint got no dick and balls.

blah blah blah blah don't forget I can take your woman at any time.

I doubt that. Most women don't like brain dead losers.

Did a little checking and refreshing memory with wife...people do get house-hunting leave and maternity leave off the books. Wife got 6 weeks when she had our daughter.

House Hunting time is at the Commander's discretion. When I arrived at one base, I wasn't even given the usual 24 hours. I arrived on base at 3Pm, checked in BAQ. Reported to the Duty Section at 0700 the next morning. Usually you shake hands with the new bosses, get the nickel tour and told to report back in 48 hours after getting settled into the Dorms or TLQ if Married. Instead I was told to drop my briefcase, pick up a tool box and go to work.

The 6 weeks your wife got is given, by law, to every woman after she gives birth, not just gay or straight women.
My sister got 7 days...but she was moving east coast from west coast..

Regardless good for the gays.

No one has the "right" to join the military.

It's not a social club.

I've seen otherwise perfect NCO's and Airmen kicked out for being 15lbs overweight.

Did the extra weight inhibit their job performance? No. They simply didn't meet the standards set by the Military.

Hell, one guy was refused re-enlistment for his weight. Two months later he was back doing the same job as a civilian contractor for more pay.

It's not a social club.

I've seen otherwise perfect NCO's and Airmen kicked out for being 15lbs overweight.

Did the extra weight inhibit their job performance? No. They simply didn't meet the standards set by the Military.

Hell, one guy was refused re-enlistment for his weight. Two months later he was back doing the same job as a civilian contractor for more pay.

Who said it was a right? The privilege of serving is, however, no longer denied to gays that don't hide their orientation.

Weight limits are not sexual orientation and are not, by any stretch of the imagination, related.

[
The questions are ridiculed because they're ridiculous.

You showered with the same gays but you could remain blissfully ignorant of that fact.

So let's examine the issue in a rational way. The cultural norm in this country has always been: men shower with men, and women shower with women. It is unusual, even for opposite sex couples, married or otherwise, to shower together as a part of normal, daily life (excepting when it's part of sexual play). This means that it's quite rare for men to shower with women, but extremely common for men to shower with other men, and women to shower with other women. Thus gay men have been showering with straight men all along; and lesbians have been showering with straight women. To a gay man or woman, it's not a unique situation to shower with someone of the same gender. Consequently, instances of ogling, misbehavior and harassment are relatively rare. Reducing this fact to a sound bite, the gay servicemember would say, "Been there, done that, no big deal."

For a heterosexual man, however, showering with a woman would be considered a rare treat, indeed. Straight men can readily identify their own sexual interest in that situation and thus project that interest onto gay guys. After all, the thinking goes, men are men. Thus the heterosexual serviceman assumes that the gay serviceman will have the same interest in him as he would in a woman in the shower. He doesn't consider the reality of the situation that gay men have been in showers with other men their whole lives and don't necessarily find it titillating. Even more to the point, the heterosexual serviceman has likely been in the shower with gay guys, too, both in the military and before he joined the military. If he understands DADT (which few do), he would know both the law and DoD regulations say the gay guy can be in the shower with him. They not only have been in the shower with him, but there hasn't been a problem.[...]

n a more practical level, open showers in the military are fairly uncommon these days. A recent Palm Center/University of California poll (conducted by Zogby International) of combat veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan found that 71% of the troops always or usually showered privately, whereas only 8% always or usually showered in groups. Additionally, The timing of a shower is often discretionary. So if a heterosexual service member is concerned about taking a shower with a gay guy, he/she can take the shower when the known or suspected gay member is not there. Taking this latter tact even further, one might facetiously argue that someone who is "uncomfortable" in the presence of gays would want gays to be able to serve openly so that they'd know exactly whom to avoid in the shower.

Gays in the Shower, Oh My!

Actually, we knew who most of the gays were. When we had the communal showers no one would shower if they were in the shower. When given a gay roommate, it was easier to get them moved.

Working with gays is one thing. As long as they did their job, no problem. But sharing living quarters and showers with one? No fricking way.

[

You showered with the same gays but you could remain blissfully ignorant of that fact.

So let's examine the issue in a rational way. The cultural norm in this country has always been: men shower with men, and women shower with women. It is unusual, even for opposite sex couples, married or otherwise, to shower together as a part of normal, daily life (excepting when it's part of sexual play). This means that it's quite rare for men to shower with women, but extremely common for men to shower with other men, and women to shower with other women. Thus gay men have been showering with straight men all along; and lesbians have been showering with straight women. To a gay man or woman, it's not a unique situation to shower with someone of the same gender. Consequently, instances of ogling, misbehavior and harassment are relatively rare. Reducing this fact to a sound bite, the gay servicemember would say, "Been there, done that, no big deal."

For a heterosexual man, however, showering with a woman would be considered a rare treat, indeed. Straight men can readily identify their own sexual interest in that situation and thus project that interest onto gay guys. After all, the thinking goes, men are men. Thus the heterosexual serviceman assumes that the gay serviceman will have the same interest in him as he would in a woman in the shower. He doesn't consider the reality of the situation that gay men have been in showers with other men their whole lives and don't necessarily find it titillating. Even more to the point, the heterosexual serviceman has likely been in the shower with gay guys, too, both in the military and before he joined the military. If he understands DADT (which few do), he would know both the law and DoD regulations say the gay guy can be in the shower with him. They not only have been in the shower with him, but there hasn't been a problem.[...]

n a more practical level, open showers in the military are fairly uncommon these days. A recent Palm Center/University of California poll (conducted by Zogby International) of combat veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan found that 71% of the troops always or usually showered privately, whereas only 8% always or usually showered in groups. Additionally, The timing of a shower is often discretionary. So if a heterosexual service member is concerned about taking a shower with a gay guy, he/she can take the shower when the known or suspected gay member is not there. Taking this latter tact even further, one might facetiously argue that someone who is "uncomfortable" in the presence of gays would want gays to be able to serve openly so that they'd know exactly whom to avoid in the shower.

Actually, we knew who most of the gays were. When we had the communal showers no one would shower if they were in the shower. When given a gay roommate, it was easier to get them moved.

Working with gays is one thing. As long as they did their job, no problem. But sharing living quarters and showers with one? No fricking way.

Not comfortable with your sexuality?

It's not a social club.

Who said it was a right? The privilege of serving is, however, no longer denied to gays that don't hide their orientation.

Weight limits are not sexual orientation and are not, by any stretch of the imagination, related.

A person being gay brings nothing special to the service by being gay. While their job skills may be an help, the problems they bring, IMHO, outweigh that.

[

You had been showering and living with them, now you just know it.

It's been over a decade now in some countries and over a year in ours. Where are all these "problems" y'all were sure were going to materialize?

It's not a social club.

A person being gay brings nothing special to the service by being gay. While their job skills may be an help, the problems they bring, IMHO, outweigh that.

Analogy fail. Where are these "problems"? It's been a year and a half now. Surely you could come up with something by now.

It's not a social club.

What problems have they brought?

Forum List

Back