People who don't believe in climate change, why don't you believe in it?

Our President considers the problem as the most urgent one.
This is a curiosity question. I know there are plenty of individuals out there who do not believe in climate change, but I'm curious as to why you don't believe it regardless of all of the data and evidence science has provided.
So is climate change a real threat?

climate-change_1509200c.jpg
The only reason there is any imagined controversy at all is because of FOX News and other right wing media outlets. They've contrived their own false, preemptive, counter narrative, based on no actual science of any kind. They apparently want people to believe that their media generated opinions about science are somehow relevant to the discussion. Unless you are a scientist, your opinions about science don't matter.
so you are against people having an opinion and ideology?

This is a curiosity question. I know there are plenty of individuals out there who do not believe in climate change, but I'm curious as to why you don't believe it regardless of all of the data and evidence science has provided.

The only reason there is any imagined controversy at all is because of FOX News and other right wing media outlets. They've contrived their own false, preemptive, counter narrative, based on no actual science of any kind. They apparently want people to believe that their media generated opinions about science are somehow relevant to the discussion. Unless you are a scientist, your opinions about science don't matter.

No the reason why there is controversy is because the theory of AGW is dead and buried. A legitimate scientist would have abandoned it and moved on to the next theory. However, the perpetrators of this now fraudulent behavior, are looking at the trillions of dollars they hope to rake in so they have abandoned science and gone all out on the politics and pseudo-science route.

Now it's all about money and power.

You are not a scientist, which means your opinions about science are completely meaningless.
and......there you go!!!!

So few people in the field had access to the original data and now it's gone.

Please, expand on your conspiracy theory here. Tell everyone precisely what original data is now gone.

Be specific. Just saying "the temperature data" or "well, this guy I knew said so" is not specific. You'll have to do better than that, and so far, you haven't even tried. You've just tossed out an unsupported conspiracy theory and expected everyone to accept it.

Tell everyone exactly what data is supposedly missing. Name the data sets, show how the old temperature results are based on them, and show how those data sets are no longer available.

If you're not just parroting a conspiracy theory, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Please, expand on your conspiracy theory here.

I have never described this situation as a conspiracy. That's twice you've lied to refute my points.

Tell everyone precisely what original data is now gone.

Be specific. Just saying "the temperature data" or "well, this guy I knew said so" is not specific. You'll have to do better than that, and so far, you haven't even tried. You've just tossed out an unsupported conspiracy theory and expected everyone to accept it.

Tell everyone exactly what data is supposedly missing. Name the data sets, show how the old temperature results are based on them, and show how those data sets are no longer available.

If you're not just parroting a conspiracy theory, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Rojer Pielke Jr. has good summary, and even he wasn't able to get the relevant data.

Obviously, the ability to do good research depends upon good data with known provenance. At the time WMO Resolution 40 was widely hailed in the atmospheric sciences community as a major step forward in data sharing and availability in support of both operations and research.

Thus it is with some surprise to observe CRU going through bizarre contortions to avoid releasing its climate data to Steve McIntyre. They first told him that he couldn't have it because he was not an academic. I found this to be a petty reason for keeping data out of the hands of someone who clearly wants to examine it for scholarly purposes. So, wanting to test this theory I asked CRU for the data myself, being a "real" academic. I received a letter back from CRU stating that I couldn't have the data because "we do not hold the requested information."

Roger Pielke Jr. s Blog We Lost the Original Data

Since you continue to lie, I'll stop responding to your posts for now.[/QUOTE]

Look, poor Asterism is crying because he got called out on his conspiracy kookery.

That's the #3 reason why the whole world laughs at the denier cult, their propensity to cry when asked for evidence. The #2 reason would be their dishonesty, and the #1 reason is that their science sucks.

So, Asterism thinks many scientists are part of a plot to discard data, but he says that's not a conspiracy theory. And he links to a conspiracy blogger who invokes another conspiracy blogger, who both claim a conspiracy. But Asterism still pretends he's not invoking a conspiracy.

You can't keep invoking a conspiracy theory and then claim you're not doing it. Sure, you can try, but then people like me justifiably mock you for doing so, and everyone ends up laughing at you.

The bigger point? Denialism is now literally just a conspiracy cult. They literally have nothing now except conspiracy theories.

Look, poor Asterism is crying because he got called out on his conspiracy kookery.

That's the #3 reason why the whole world laughs at the denier cult, their propensity to cry when asked for evidence. The #2 reason would be their dishonesty, and the #1 reason is that their science sucks.

So, Asterism thinks many scientists are part of a plot to discard data, but he says that's not a conspiracy theory. And he links to a conspiracy blogger who invokes another conspiracy blogger, who both claim a conspiracy. But Asterism still pretends he's not invoking a conspiracy.

You can't keep invoking a conspiracy theory and then claim you're not doing it. Sure, you can try, but then people like me justifiably mock you for doing so, and everyone ends up laughing at you.

The bigger point? Denialism is now literally just a conspiracy cult. They literally have nothing now except conspiracy theories.
just so I'm clear, you are against anyone who disagrees with current climate predictions? Just resetting the clock here. You've wandered so much, just wish to maintain the correct comments to you.

Please, expand on your conspiracy theory here. Tell everyone precisely what original data is now gone.

BTW, that is just a fact. Where would one find this original data set? Because you know that all groups do a reconstruction before providing their datasets. You know this right? You and your side post the links daily. So perhaps, to clarify, point out those locations with real raw data. The nonmanicured/ not reconstructed set.

BTW, failure to do so proves the point.

No the reason why there is controversy is because the theory of AGW is dead and buried. A legitimate scientist would have abandoned it and moved on to the next theory. However, the perpetrators of this now fraudulent behavior, are looking at the trillions of dollars they hope to rake in so they have abandoned science and gone all out on the politics and pseudo-science route.

Actually, that's not what scientists do.

Also, the irony in this argument is that one of the reasons given by skeptics to question AGW is that the science is not "settled," and that means more funding needed for further study.

Also, the irony in this argument is that one of the reasons given by skeptics to question AGW is that the science is not "settled," and that means more funding needed for further study.
bullshit. Ever hear of that word before, it means you're talking out your ass!!!!

so you are against people having an opinion and ideology?
Opinions and ideology have nothing to do with science.

Skeptics are saying the science is not settled because the evidence doesn't fit the theory. We want the theory modified to match the data, not more cherry picking and shoehorning. The assumptions made when this started were inaccurate. It is time to rethink the assumptions and the theory.

People who don't believe in climate change are retarded. Of course they are, because the climate changes all the time. It gets warmer and it gets colder over time. There once were glaciers camped out over what is now New York City, for just one example. What we need is more honesty in terminology. "Climate change" is meaningless, because it literally covers EVERY movement of the climate. Why can't we just be honest and say what we really mean? Man Caused Global Warming. That's what we're talking about, and any other terminology is bogus.

People who don't believe in climate change are retarded. Of course they are, because the climate changes all the time. It gets warmer and it gets colder over time. There once were glaciers camped out over what is now New York City, for just one example. What we need is more honesty in terminology. "Climate change" is meaningless, because it literally covers EVERY movement of the climate. Why can't we just be honest and say what we really mean? Man Caused Global Warming. That's what we're talking about, and any other terminology is bogus.

Skeptics didn't change the terminology from AGW to climate change to extreme weather. Climate science and the media did. And with each change less evidence was needed, and the possibility of falsification dropped.

You are not a scientist, which means your opinions about science are completely meaningless.

I'm a retired PhD geologist, so yes, my opinion matters.

You should correct your statement. "That's not what GOOD scientists do". It is now established beyond a doubt that the climatologists are not "good" scientists. Hell, they're not even average scientists. They downright suck.

Geology, an almost, nearly, sort of, distantly related field of science.

Now you're slagging geologists? I bet you like them when their findings can be twisted into supporting your views.

Just because you don't have a High School diploma, and can't even begin to understand the very basics of scientific thought, and processes that govern the material world, doesn't mean we don't. We are quite literally the people who "wrote the book" on the physical world, how the planet operates, how earthquakes occur, and why, the process of plate tectonics and its place in the world and how mankind interacts with it, we are, quite literally, the foundational science.

In fact, one of the principles of geology, "uniformitarianism" has been adopted by all the other sciences.

Just because you don't have a High School diploma, and can't even begin to understand the very basics of scientific thought, and processes that govern the material world, doesn't mean we don't. We are quite literally the people who "wrote the book" on the physical world, how the planet operates, how earthquakes occur, and why, the process of plate tectonics and its place in the world and how mankind interacts with it, we are, quite literally, the foundational science.

In fact, one of the principles of geology, "uniformitarianism" has been adopted by all the other sciences.

I see, so then you understand the principles of every field of science. Is that right professor?

I see, so then you understand the principles of every field of science. Is that right professor?

Let me give you a bit of an education mmmmkay? A PhD climatologist can teach pretty much every 1st year geology class. By the 2nd year though, they would be struggling. Starting in the third year they would be lost and so far out of their depth they would simply have to turn the class over to the students.

A PhD geologist, on the other hand.....can teach EVERY class that exists in the climatology lexicon. Every. Single. One. All the way up to graduate level.

I'll let your tiny little head work on that problem for a bit. Try to not make it explode, mmmmkay?

Forum List

Back