Per Capi What?

View attachment 575639

Research shows that poor people commit the most crime. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, from 2008 through 2012, “persons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households. This pattern of poor people having the highest rates of violence was consistent for both whites and blacks.”

For the period 2008-12:
  • Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
  • Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8-2.5 per 1,000).
  • The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
  • Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
  • Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
  • Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

Notice the numbers per capita when all else is the same. Across the board poor whites had higher per capita rates of violence than did poor blacks.
I'll pray for you

View attachment 575639

Research shows that poor people commit the most crime. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, from 2008 through 2012, “persons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households. This pattern of poor people having the highest rates of violence was consistent for both whites and blacks.”

For the period 2008-12:
  • Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
  • Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8-2.5 per 1,000).
  • The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
  • Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
  • Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
  • Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

Notice the numbers per capita when all else is the same. Across the board poor whites had higher per capita rates of violence than did poor blacks.
No shit Sherlock. Who hasn't known that for centuries? Well off people don't usually commit violent crime unless it's a crime of passion, they have too much to lose. How do you get out of poverty? Get an education, don't have children until you are comfortably able to support them and spend your money wisely. Race or religion doesn't matter, meet those three benchmarks and you will move up out of poverty.

The link between poverty and crime is well established and race is only a factor in that a higher percentage of minorities experience poverty.

When I was just trying to survive as a teen I stole because there were many days the only thing I had to eat was what I could steal. I started selling weed and even though it was strictly small time it allowed me to have a modest income so I could at least buy something to eat and get some clothes from Sal's.

I never committed violence against other people because in reality all the people I saw were not much better off than me.
I'm dead set against crime. However, I will never criticize anyone for stealing food for himself or especially his family. It's still wrong to steal, but sometimes you have to pick the lesser of evils.

I like IM2. His satirical posts like "Jesus was a black Nigerian" or "Beethoven was black German" was hilarious. OK so he didn't actually post any of that, using BLM/CRT logic he did. Because I say so. Who needs verifiable facts?

For the period 2008-12:

I agree.

There is a very simple saying Hurt People Hurt People.

That is a very simple observation, which is generally true.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Funny thing about leftist, they demand links to verify, which isn't a bad thing. But on the other hand, condemn eyewitness testimony as "anecdotal" forgetting that history is eyewitness testimony written down by historians. I am directing this at one particular poster who's main criticism is...exactly that.

Across the board poor whites had higher per capita rates of violence than did poor blacks

As someone who comes in contact with criminals of all sorts, that certainly agrees with what I see.

Criminals, at least the kind which police regularly deal with, are almost always poor.

Unfortunately, just giving poor people money doesn't erase the kind of behaviors that tend to keep people poor.

Perpetually making poor decisions, an inability to take personal responsibility, lack of ambition, and an inability to suppress anger, tend to be common traits among the poor.

I've lived with blacks for years. Blacks didn't ask to be forced into slavery. Nope. Blacks never deserved hate and segregation. But, American poor black culture is perhaps the most toxic and vile thing in human culture I have experienced. I have no positive spin on that, none.

Funny thing about leftist, they demand links to verify, which isn't a bad thing. But on the other hand, condemn eyewitness testimony as "anecdotal" forgetting that history is eyewitness testimony written down by historians. I am directing this at one particular poster who's main criticism is...exactly that.
We all have eyewitness history lady. And mine includes watching blacks grow up facing white racism daily and what it can cause a person to become.

As someone who comes in contact with criminals of all sorts, that certainly agrees with what I see.

Criminals, at least the kind which police regularly deal with, are almost always poor.

Unfortunately, just giving poor people money doesn't erase the kind of behaviors that tend to keep people poor.

Perpetually making poor decisions, an inability to take personal responsibility, lack of ambition, and an inability to suppress anger, tend to be common traits among the poor.

Load of crap.

I've lived with blacks for years. Blacks didn't ask to be forced into slavery. Nope. Blacks never deserved hate and segregation. But, American poor black culture is perhaps the most toxic and vile thing in human culture I have experienced. I have no positive spin on that, none.
And whatever that culture is, was created because of white racism. And that is what's vile anf toxic. You are an esample of that vile toxicity.

Well, of course no argument can stand up to that kind of well-reasoned rebuttal.
Well damn lets all get caught up in a logical conundrum, then? White people aren't all bad and damn, blacks are 14% of the populace but commit a huge number of crimes. Racism is bad. Are we are we all Even-Steven now?

Yeah, and poverty costs us tons of money.

We have to build prisons. We have to provide police, alarm systems.

We have to take care of broken families.

And on and on.

Spending money to fix poverty will save you money in the future.
Reduce the power of Prog women if you really want to see improvements. Taxes can never be increased to a level of craziness to solve what you want as per your post. This thing in office as President now is not even human.

I'm dead set against crime. However, I will never criticize anyone for stealing food for himself or especially his family. It's still wrong to steal, but sometimes you have to pick the lesser of evils.
As soon as I had some regular money coming in I stopped stealing because I could buy what I needed

View attachment 575639

For the period 2008-12:

this assumes blacks, hispanics, and whites report crimes at the same rates. big if true. lol

With a lot of other assumptions too, but that's the big one.

95%+ of murder in NY is committed by non whites. This data just doesn't line up with what we know about violence in America. Suspect at best

I like that you've accepted per capita stats tho. That's good.

Forum List

Back