🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Percey Harvin... Silk Purse?? Or Sow's Ear ????

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
OK...OK every NFL player gets injured. Every player of his supposed worth gets a complete physical before the trade for his services is consumated. Theoretically he gets looked over from head to toe by team doctors..his complete injury history is examined. Then the Docs render thier evaluation and the team accepts the player or not with reasonable expectation that they know what they are spending multiple millions for.

No team would aquire a player for the coming year after the signing.

SOOooo.... How is it that Harvin makes it through the OTA's ...runs at full speed through a bunch of drills ..nobody lays a glove on him...and he shows up for pre season practice with a torn muscle in his hip?

Something is wrong with this picture. I think someone was being dishonest about his true health status when he went through his medical evaluation.

I think if Harvin lied or witheld an important injury from the Seahawks and accepted a 67 million dollar contract he did it fraudulantly and may be held liable in court for missrepresenting his condition at the time of his evaluation. I can see no scenerio where the Hawks would want Harvin or anyone else sucking up that many millions under the cap and given away several draft picks including a first if the player would not play a down in that season.

There is no way the Hawks would sign any player when they signed Harvin if they did not believe he would add to the teams strength for that season.

Silk purse or sows ear?? We will know after tomorrow after the "second opinion".

Last edited:
OK...OK every NFL player gets injured. Every player of his supposed worth gets a complete physical before the trade for his services is consumated. Theoretically he gets looked over from head to toe by team doctors..his complete injury history is examined. Then the Docs render thier evaluation and the team accepts the player or not with reasonable expectation that they know what they are spending multiple millions for.

No team would aquire a player for the coming year after the signing.

SOOooo.... How is it that Harvin makes it through the OTA's ...runs at full speed through a bunch of drills ..nobody lays a glove on him...and he shows up for pre season practice with a torn muscle in his hip?

Something is wrong with this picture. I think someone was being dishonest about his true health status when he went through his medical evaluation.

I think if Harvin lied or witheld an important injury from the Seahawks and accepted a 67 million dollar contract he did it fraudulantly and may be held liable in court for missrepresenting his condition at the time of his evaluation. I can see no scenerio where the Hawks would want Harvin or anyone else sucking up that many millions under the cap and given away several draft picks including a first if the player would not play a down in that season.

There is no way the Hawks would sign any player when they signed Harvin if they did not believe he would add to the teams strength for that season.

Silk purse or sows ear?? We will know after tomorrow after the "second opinion".

Sow's ear. He was a big wuss when he was here in Minnesota. Always whining about something or other.

There have been quite a few season-ending injuries already. Broncos' center, Maclin on the Eagles. As a Niner fan I've already had to deal with the possibility that our top guy, Crabtree, could be gone for the year.

This is just the football gods way of leveling things out in the NFC West. Crabtree out for a long time? Harvin goes, too. :tongue:

I doubt Harvin both lied and was able to get an injury past the Seattle medical staff. He might have had an unknown injury, or the beginnings of one which was worsened during camp.

Percy Harvin is going to be instrumental in the collapse of the Seahawks.

I've bookmarked this page to reference this post in the future.

Good. Because this IS a pivital moment in time..Seahawks time.

I don't see it as any harvenger of a decent in the fortunes of the Seahawks in the NFC West or an opportunity to win a Super Bowl.

We are not the same 9-7 team that took the field with a rookie QB last year and a defense that was not reported any better than in the top third of the league. Seattle grew last year the old fasgioned way..they earned it. GB hail mary catch aside Seattle overcame a tough schedule and perservered losing the NFC West by only half a game.

The 9ers losing Crabtree is a far more devastating injury for the future of that team than the Seahawks losing Harvin who never played a down in Geen and Blue.

The only real question that matters is will Wilson be the QB that led Seattle to 45 pts a game in the last 4 reg season games or start off slow like he did as a rookie with no NFL experience. The real question is will a defense populated mostly with rookies and sophs in 2012 that ended up with a league leading in scoring continue to grow more stingy and tighten up in situations like in Atlanta when the offense gives them a hard fought lead only to blow the game in the last 30 seconds.

We didn't lose our "go to" anybody. Crabtree was Kaepernick's security blanket catching three times as many passes as his next most productive receiver.

The ONLY negative that actually affects the Seattle teams production on the field as far as I can tell is we let go Leon Washington to make way for Harvin to return punts and KO's. That's all Washington excelled at but he was not a real game breaker having only one to the house last year. We have several players on the team now that are faster than Leon ever was and have great ball handling skills. This new hot rookie running back Michaels wants to run back kicks as we already have a deep stable of RBs and FBs and that might give him an edge to make the squad if he proves he won't fumble the ball in pre season.

I don't think Seattle is going to make the playoffs this year.

O' Contrare' Most pundits believe Wilson will improve more than any of the rookie sensation QBs of last season. Most pundits have Seattle's secondary as the most suffocating in the NFL. Seattle has added 4 talented rushing linemen to mix ito an already stout defense and create some havoc in sacking and rushing the QBs to make the leagues top secondary even more productive. We have lost no players from last year to injury so the chemistry in offense can do nothing but get crisper. PLUS we have "The Beast" "Skittles" Marshawn Lynch coming off of his best rushing season in his career to contend with. We have all of the elements of last years playoff team plus the experience they gained.

My prediction. NFC West Champs...Home field advantage thruout the PO's. Super Bowl champions.

I would like to be more optomistic but there aren't really any more mountains they can climb.

There have been quite a few season-ending injuries already. Broncos' center, Maclin on the Eagles. As a Niner fan I've already had to deal with the possibility that our top guy, Crabtree, could be gone for the year.

This is just the football gods way of leveling things out in the NFC West. Crabtree out for a long time? Harvin goes, too. :tongue:

I doubt Harvin both lied and was able to get an injury past the Seattle medical staff. He might have had an unknown injury, or the beginnings of one which was worsened during camp.

Dennis Pitta out for the season is a big one for the Ravens. With Boldin gone he was supposed to be the "go to" guy on third down. Now someone else will have to step up or all eyes are going to be on Rice on third down all the time .

4-12 is what I'm thinking.

Dyslexic ? Sorry bout that. The Seahawks might lose one to the 9ers..and maybe the Texans on the road but the onliest other team that might have a chance to beat the Seahawks this season is the Falcons in Atlanta..but I wouldn't count on it. I'm sure the Seahawks have that team circled in thier locker calanders.

Seriously .........who's gonna step up and beat the Seahawks this year?

The Giants? Manning will get beat down like he is the younger brother. Just the mention of the name "Manning" will fire up the Hawks cuz they know they want to crush Peyton in the Super Bowl.

Cam Newton? and the Pranthers? We beat them last year in thier own stadium when our rookie was just breaking in his brand new NFL QB Nike's.

Arizona? Last time we played it was fifty bazillion to nada. Hawks 2-0

The Rams? They..believe it or not are a pretty good team when they play in the NFC West . They kicked ass. Now that Wilson has the whole playbook and some new installs I don't give St. Louis much of a chance against the Hawks.. It'll be a sweep.

San Fran Gay O ? 42-13 That was the score at week 16 last year. Need I say more Oh...and SF lost thier hot shot reciever Crabtree. Pay close attention on week dos this year when the 9ers play in Seattle on national TV. We can discuss your dismal prediction then...after we destroy the Whiners.

Dyslexic ? Sorry bout that. The Seahawks might lose one to the 9ers..and maybe the Texans on the road but the onliest other team that might have a chance to beat the Seahawks this season is the Falcons in Atlanta..but I wouldn't count on it. I'm sure the Seahawks have that team circled in thier locker calanders.

The Giants? Manning will get beat down like he is the younger brother. Just the mention of the name "Manning" will fire up the Hawks cuz they know they want to crush Peyton in the Super Bowl.

Cam Newton? and the Pranthers? We beat them last year in thier own stadium when our rookie was just breaking in his brand new NFL QB Nike's.

The Rams? They..believe it or not are a pretty good team when they play in the NFC West . They kicked ass. Now that Wilson has the whole playbook and some new installs I don't give St. Louis much of a chance against the Hawks.. It'll be a sweep.

San Fran Gay O ? 42-13 That was the score at week 16 last year. Need I say more Oh...and SF lost thier hot shot reciever Crabtree. Pay close attention on week dos this year when the 9ers play in Seattle on national TV. We can discuss your dismal prediction then...after we destroy the Whiners.

Of course, SF was able to complete the comeback against the Falcons in the playoffs, unlike the Seachickens.....:tongue:

Seattle is, even without Harvin, a top-5 team in the NFC on paper. Don't dismiss the Cards or Rams yet, though. I know, I know, the Cards have possibly the worst offense in the league...but their D is actually strong, and divisional games are always dangerous. The Rams looked decent last year. I'm not sure if they can do that again with major pieces of their offense gone, but I'll wait until the season before I become overconfident.

Apparently Rice is going to have a medical procedure of some sort as well. It's not expected to keep him out of any games, but I'd keep a close eye if I were you. If they lost Harvin AND Rice, it would be a blow.

Of course, SF was able to complete the comeback against the Falcons in the playoffs, unlike the Seachickens.....:tongue:

Seattle is, even without Harvin, a top-5 team in the NFC on paper. Don't dismiss the Cards or Rams yet, though. I know, I know, the Cards have possibly the worst offense in the league...but their D is actually strong, and divisional games are always dangerous. The Rams looked decent last year. I'm not sure if they can do that again with major pieces of their offense gone, but I'll wait until the season before I become overconfident.

Apparently Rice is going to have a medical procedure of some sort as well. It's not expected to keep him out of any games, but I'd keep a close eye if I were you. If they lost Harvin AND Rice, it would be a blow.

Lost Vegas still has the Hawks a solid top four favorite team to win on 2/2/14. Rice's "proceedure" is not surgical. He is supposed to be right back on the field when he returns. Tate is strong..Baldwin is very dependable on third downs..Kearse played well last year and had a very good off season. Our TE's have lined up tight next to Miller who had an amazing last half of 2012. Miller has had some pain in his foot and is taking time off right now to help let it heal but he was lights out with the same soreness last year. Let's not forget that our RBs all have great hands and tore it up last year catching passes out of the backfield last season. Lynch and Robinson both scored on passes last year.

The Seahawks passed less than most teams last year. They plan on increasing the air attack somewhat this campaign but we are still a run first offense. Running eats up clock. Our pass game scores so fast it doesn't tire out the opposing defenses. We like our enemy to feel beat down at the end of a game so we like to feature Marshawn Lynch much of the time to ensure that the defenses get thier ish of pain.

Note the stiff arm that tosses the safety ten yards like a rag doll... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP: LMAO.

All players have to complete phyisicals before deal/contracts/trades are finalized.

The Hawks knew they were trading for an injury prone player. When you swing for the fences, you're more likely to strike out.

But, as a Viking fan, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Seahawks management for being the asshats that they are. Much appreciated!

Forum List

Back