🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Percey Harvin... Silk Purse?? Or Sow's Ear ????

The 9ers losing Crabtree is a far more devastating injury for the future of that team than the Seahawks losing Harvin who never played a down in Geen and Blue.

Disagree. A healthy Harvin is the best WR and KR in the league. This is a HUGE LOSS.

How can ya lose something you never had?

Is Harvin potentially a valuable addition to what was a very good team that has lost no one except Leon Washington our kick return guy from 2012.

We will see how Harvin adds to the Seahawk offense probably on Dec 2 after our bye. He should be 100% with fresh legs and two weeks to work him into the scheme. We play the Saints at home on that day. Should be a great game and as good a place as any to bring him into the fold.

Go! Hawks!

The 9ers losing Crabtree is a far more devastating injury for the future of that team than the Seahawks losing Harvin who never played a down in Geen and Blue.

Disagree. A healthy Harvin is the best WR and KR in the league. This is a HUGE LOSS.

Is Harvin potentially a valuable addition to what was a very good team that has lost no one except Leon Washington our kick return guy from 2012.

We will see how Harvin adds to the Seahawk offense probably on Dec 2 after our bye. He should be 100% with fresh legs and two weeks to work him into the scheme. We play the Saints at home on that day. Should be a great game and as good a place as any to bring him into the fold.

Go! Hawks!

That's a really retarded way of looking at it. You added Harvin to the team. You're paying the man. For him to go down is a loss, pure and simple. Whatever you did last year without him is irrelevant in that context.

Also, you can't know what Percy Harvin's status will be in December. You can only prognosticate (if that).

Go! Hawks!

That's a really retarded way of looking at it. You added Harvin to the team. You're paying the man. For him to go down is a loss, pure and simple. Whatever you did last year without him is irrelevant in that context.

Also, you can't know what Percy Harvin's status will be in December. You can only prognosticate (if that).

To be fair to Huggy, you can't know what Harvin would have done for the team were he healthy. Sure, he's a good player, but good players have done badly in the wrong situation before. For all we know, Harvin will be a bust as a Seahawk when healthy.

His point, as I see it, is that Crabtree is the established go-to guy for the Niners offense, Kaepernick's security blanket. His injury has much more impact on the offense because the Seahawks were able to accomplish plenty without Harvin last year. Harvin's impact is still entirely hypothetical, whereas Crabtree's impact is easily seen.

Go! Hawks!

The Seahawks have plenty of players that can catch the ball on offense.. Every one of our top 6 recievers would be starting on every team in the NFL.

The only hand wringing associated with the Harvin surgery and when he will re-join the team is coming from outside Seattle. I haven't seen anything in any Seattle media that is troubled about Harvin's path to playing on the team.

There are a few recievers in the NFL that are probably better than ours. I will conceed that much. What we have is the best GROUP of recievers on any team PLUS we have Russell Wilson tossing the ball. I'll take that combination qb/recievers against any team in the NFL.

Reading some of the national pundits I have to laugh...they like you see Harvins injury as a step back over last year's team. SF losing thier best reciever(Crabtree) by a long shot is a step back for the team. He was Kraperdinkle's security blanket go to guy. Harvin hasn't played a single down for Seattle and every one of our recievers has improved over last season. Seattle is much improved over the 11-5 team of last season whether Harvin plays or not. Seattle is a run first offense. We have the third best RB in the NFL and a new kid(Christian Michael) that could be as impressive as Marshawn Lynch. We have made substantial improvements in the best secondary in the NFL adding Winfield in the nickle. We have improved both the Defensive and Offensive lines. We have improved ability and depth at Linebacker.

Russell Wilson will pick up where he left off in the last half and playoffs of last season. Last season there was some doubt how we would play on the road as that has been our achillies heal. No more. I believe we have squashed any doubt about how Seattle will play on the road this season.

I don't know for sure if we will go undefeated this season but I really don't see who will beat the Seahawks this campaign. It certainly won't happen at the Clink. 12th man baby! It really is unfair how good our fans make the team at home.

The only hand wringing associated with the Harvin surgery and when he will re-join the team is coming from outside Seattle.

Did you forget your own OP that fast? Talking about Harvin as a fraud and voiding his contract. :lol:

That is because I don't care if he plays for the Seahawks or not. We will be just fine without him. I'm still not convinced he didn't let the team doctors know about his hip problems. If he recovers from his surgery and plays well for the team late in the year he would probably add to the teams success. If he wants THIS fan to put him on a pedistal then he will have to do like Russell Wilson and earn it.

The Seahawks have plenty of players that can catch the ball on offense.. Every one of our top 6 recievers would be starting on every team in the NFL.

Without even looking at the roster; NO!

OK...which of our recievers.. Tate, Rice, Baldwin, Miller, Kearse, and you have to include Lynch because he caught many passes from Wilson...

Which of those players would not make any team in the NFL?

Last edited:
The only hand wringing associated with the Harvin surgery and when he will re-join the team is coming from outside Seattle.

Did you forget your own OP that fast? Talking about Harvin as a fraud and voiding his contract. :lol:

That is because I don't care if he plays for the Seahawks or not. We will be just fine without him. I'm still not convinced he didn't let the team doctors know about his hip problems. If he recovers from his surgery and plays well for the team late in the year he would probably add to the teams success. If he wants THIS fan to put him on a pedistal then he will have to do like Russell Wilson and earn it.

Harvin's not worried about your approval. And he's proved himself as much as Wilson.

We have the third best RB in the NFL

No.

Marshawn Lynch was the third best RB last season. He just missed being second best. You must be watching Canadian football.

Lynch had a career high 99.4 ypg rushing last year. I prefer to look at his body of work. In seven years, his average is 69.7 ypg, which really matches what I typically see from him. ML ain't passing the eyeball test as the third best back in the league. I give him credit for coming into last season a bit stronger and being able to extend a few more runs. But, teams will gameplan for him a bit more and he won't repeat last year's numbers. I guarantee that Lynch won't finish top three in rushing this year. I GUARANTEE IT.

Go! Hawks!

The only hand wringing associated with the Harvin surgery and when he will re-join the team is coming from outside Seattle. I haven't seen anything in any Seattle media that is troubled about Harvin's path to playing on the team.

There are a few recievers in the NFL that are probably better than ours. I will conceed that much. What we have is the best GROUP of recievers on any team PLUS we have Russell Wilson tossing the ball. I'll take that combination qb/recievers against any team in the NFL.

Reading some of the national pundits I have to laugh...they like you see Harvins injury as a step back over last year's team. SF losing thier best reciever(Crabtree) by a long shot is a step back for the team. He was Kraperdinkle's security blanket go to guy. Harvin hasn't played a single down for Seattle and every one of our recievers has improved over last season. Seattle is much improved over the 11-5 team of last season whether Harvin plays or not. Seattle is a run first offense. We have the third best RB in the NFL and a new kid(Christian Michael) that could be as impressive as Marshawn Lynch. We have made substantial improvements in the best secondary in the NFL adding Winfield in the nickle. We have improved both the Defensive and Offensive lines. We have improved ability and depth at Linebacker.

Russell Wilson will pick up where he left off in the last half and playoffs of last season. Last season there was some doubt how we would play on the road as that has been our achillies heal. No more. I believe we have squashed any doubt about how Seattle will play on the road this season.

I don't know for sure if we will go undefeated this season but I really don't see who will beat the Seahawks this campaign. It certainly won't happen at the Clink. 12th man baby! It really is unfair how good our fans make the team at home.

No. Followed by a resounding no.

Denver has a better group of receivers. Atlanta has a better group of receivers. Seattle's 4th, 5th and 6th guys might be better than many other teams'.....but they are still 4th, 5th and 6th guys. I will take Roddy White and Julio Jones over anyone on Seattle, including Harvin (because of his various health issues). Add in Gonzalez and that might be the best receiving group in the league. Or there's Denver, who already had good, young, big, talented receivers in Eric Decker and DeMarious Thomas, and have added the best slot receiver over the last 5 years or so in Wes Welker.

If you don't include Harvin, Seattle actually should rank no better than middle of the league in receivers. Plenty of teams have receiving groups with better proven track records, even more so if you are going to include the rb position.

Seattle is a strong team with a lot of young talent and one of the best young qb's in the league.....but you are wildly overrating their receivers. ;)

Marshawn Lynch was the third best RB last season. He just missed being second best. You must be watching Canadian football.

Lynch had a career high 99.4 ypg rushing last year. I prefer to look at his body of work. In seven years, his average is 69.7 ypg, which really matches what I typically see from him. ML ain't passing the eyeball test as the third best back in the league. I give him credit for coming into last season a bit stronger and being able to extend a few more runs. But, teams will gameplan for him a bit more and he won't repeat last year's numbers. I guarantee that Lynch won't finish top three in rushing this year. I GUARANTEE IT.

Lynch didn't take any team by surprise last season. They were well aware of his potential as were we all after the bone crushing TD run/seismic event from the previous year against NO in the playoffs.

I do agree that Lynch's numbers may come down a bit from last season as Carroll features Wilson's arm and legs early on in more plays this season. That is the word from the Hawks in the pre season anyway. In the first eight games last year the Seahawks ran a very conservative playbook. Lynch prospered from Wilson's early inexperience. This year will be more like the last eight games from 2012. Every game we had to come from behind (and usually did) we featured a high percentage of Lynch runs especially in the first half. Not so much in the game's second halves.

I forsee a "flip flop" of last year's game's strategies and we will feature a blow out read option take no prisoners approach in the first halves and then make use of Lynch and Michaels in the second halves eating up clock and daring teams to challenge our secondary as they try to play catch up. If Lynch is going to get big numbers it will be because teams will be taking chances on defensive stunts and Lynch making them pay late in the games as they overplay in an attempt to force a turnover from Wilson. That's where the "run" aspect of the read option works as the DE's and LBs over commit and the ball is handed off to open spaces behind the DL.

There has been a lot of talk about Defenses gearing up to stop the read option but that is just wishfull thinking. To much is exposed between the LBs and the secondary to expend personell to load up just to prevent QB runs. Another thing is, is that our read option isn't aimed at just allowing the QB to turn upfield and run. In our scheme it is primarily used to extend the play and allow Wilson more time to find a reciever which he has learned how to do quite nicely thank you.

If you get a chance to see tomorrow evening's pre season matchup between Seattle and San Diego(in SD 7PM PST) don't expect much in the way of read option. Wilson made it clear that the team will be holding back all of the good stuff in these first four exhibitions. The game you should mark on your calender is week two against SF in Seattle. Both teams will be pulling all stopos to make a statement about who really will control the NFC West this season and therby homefield advantage thruout the playoffs.

Last edited:
You could be right, you could be wrong. In my mind, there's Adrian Peterson and then there's everyone else when it comes to the running back position.

You could be right, you could be wrong. In my mind, there's Adrian Peterson and then there's everyone else when it comes to the running back position.

Peterson is not human, that guy is off the charts. I thought he'd be done last year and the guy keeps going. He is the absolute best, no one is close.

Peterson is not human, that guy is off the charts. I thought he'd be done last year and the guy keeps going. He is the absolute best, no one is close.

How did Minnisota do against the NFC West last year? Last year's playoffs?

How did Minnisota do against the NFC West last year? Last year's playoffs?

Remarkable season considering they made the playoffs one to two years ahead of schedule. They beat GB in the last game of the season in what was basically a playoff game too.

Forum List

Back