Pete Buttigieg’s Plan Would Decriminalize Possession of All Drugs

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
I remembered an episode of King of the Hill. That the propane company that Hank works at had hired a drug addict. The addict couldn't do his job because of relapsing on the job. But they fired the addict. But a organization stopped the company from firing the addict. That the company had to pay for his rehabilitation because he has relapsed while on the job. The Globalists are trying to make sure that their free healthcare agenda goes through one way or another.
And they are making sure since someone is in office that is going to make sure to follow the rule of law. That they are going to see that it is decriminalize so that they will not have to worry about losing their jobs.

Democratic presidential candidate and South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg released a plan on Friday that would decriminalize the possession of all drugs as a way to address the nation’s opioid crisis and improve mental health care. Under his plan, titled “Healing and Belonging in America: A Plan to Improve Mental Health Care and Combat Addiction,” a Buttigieg administration would seek in its first term to treat addiction and the opioid epidemic as public health problems instead of criminal justice issues.

“To ensure that people with a mental illness or substance use disorder can heal, we will decriminalize these conditions,” the plan reads. “When someone is undergoing a crisis or is caught using a drug, they should be treated by a health professional rather than punished in a jail cell.”

3kk1du.gif

Well the US spends 80 billion + a year on prisons, so take 1/2 of that and make inpatient rehabs that treat drug addiction.

Well the US spends 80 billion + a year on prisons, so take 1/2 of that and make inpatient rehabs that treat drug addiction.
Rehab only helps those who want to stop using.

I don't care if you confine a drug user for 5 years in a rehab
if they do not want to stop using drugs they won't

Addiction is not a disease, it's a choice

For most of the people its not a choice. People didn't say to themselves I want to be a drug and alcohol addict.

I remembered an episode of King of the Hill. That the propane company that Hank works at had hired a drug addict. The addict couldn't do his job because of relapsing on the job. But they fired the addict. But a organization stopped the company from firing the addict. That the company had to pay for his rehabilitation because he has relapsed while on the job. The Globalists are trying to make sure that their free healthcare agenda goes through one way or another.
And they are making sure since someone is in office that is going to make sure to follow the rule of law. That they are going to see that it is decriminalize so that they will not have to worry about losing their jobs.

Democratic presidential candidate and South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg released a plan on Friday that would decriminalize the possession of all drugs as a way to address the nation’s opioid crisis and improve mental health care. Under his plan, titled “Healing and Belonging in America: A Plan to Improve Mental Health Care and Combat Addiction,” a Buttigieg administration would seek in its first term to treat addiction and the opioid epidemic as public health problems instead of criminal justice issues.

“To ensure that people with a mental illness or substance use disorder can heal, we will decriminalize these conditions,” the plan reads. “When someone is undergoing a crisis or is caught using a drug, they should be treated by a health professional rather than punished in a jail cell.”

3kk1du.gif

The "opiod crisis?" If there is an opiod crisis, it is illegal drugs being brought in across the border being consumed on the street for a high through the black market. So why then is the Fed punishing honestly sick people coming out of hospitals and with legitimate problems, illness, surgery, etc., dealing with severe pain and preventing them from getting much needed medication through their doctor and pharmacy without jumping through ridiculous hoops? Can't the government ever do even a single thing right?

For most of the people its not a choice. People didn't say to themselves I want to be a drug and alcohol addict.
It most certainly is a choice.

People who are drug addicts and alcoholics didn't choose to stop
using drugs or drinking, otherwise they wouldn't be addicts

I'm convinced instead of the wars which cost money and death, the republicans would rather people die from drug addiction, homelessness, instead of taking care of veterans that are maimed.

They can easily blame it on democrats, after all.

How many workers take their drugs (many) and how many are alcoholics (many) but they skate by and hold a job , until they can't. I won't even talk about the wealthy.

3kk1du.gif

The "opiod crisis?" If there is an opiod crisis, it is illegal drugs being brought in across the border being consumed on the street for a high through the black market. So why then is the Fed punishing honestly sick people coming out of hospitals and with legitimate problems, illness, surgery, etc., dealing with severe pain and preventing them from getting much needed medication through their doctor and pharmacy without jumping through ridiculous hoops? Can't the government ever do even a single thing right?

More people are addicted to and overdose from prescription meds
then illegal street drugs

No once they get hooked they have a hard time stopping.

3kk1du.gif

That is true, we are not a Prozac nation for naught.

No, being 'hard' to quit is not a reason, it's an excuse

3kk1du.gif

That's pretty funny. How do you get addicted and overdose on a prescription where only enough is given you at a time to meet absolute minimal requirements for a few days to give you mild relief to where you'd have to take half the weeks supply just to cop a decent buzz?

The only way that would work is if you weren't really sick, were faking it, and were saving the stuff up enough to intentionally commit suicide. Half the people in this country probably commit suicide because they can't get the real healthcare they really need.

That's pretty funny. How do you get addicted and overdose on a prescription where only enough is given you at a time to meet absolute minimal requirements for a few days to give you mild relief to where you'd have to take half the weeks supply just to cop a decent buzz?
Wow...and there you have it.

Will the wizard be getting back to you
about the brain you so desperately need anytime soon?

No, being 'hard' to quit is not a reason, it's an excuse

So you are all for taking half of the 80+billion and having more inpatient clinics. Good to know, you'd rather treat than imprison.

Wow...and there you have it.

Will the wizard be getting back to you
about the brain you so desperately need anytime soon?

Fuck off jackass. You obviously haven't any real answer to the direct questions asked you, so you've already lost.

First of all, if you legalize it, then few are even going to get rehab. We know this because look at California. They don't hardly enforce drug laws, there are drug addicted people all over the streets.

Legalizing it, just means they'll be shooting up, strung out, and pooping in your yard. Or even attacking people.

Secondly, I'm not sure what the Federal Government has to do with this. If Mayor Pete wants to setup a drug rehab program in his city, I'm all for it. Do whatever you want.

Why is the Federal Government being involved in this? The Federal Government should leave drug enforcement and such, to the states.

That said....

As it relates to drug rehab, I need more evidence. Specifically, I would like some state, or city, to fund and run their own drug rehab program, and lets actually see how it works.

My issue is, for many different addictions, the relapse rate is exceptionally high. My concern, is that you are going to spend millions on rehab for these people, and have a relapse rate of over 60%.... because we've seen relapse rates of over 60% in many of these situations.

And when you have a relapse, you end up with them in prison anyway.... except you have already spent millions giving them treatment.

The way you have success requires the willingness of the individual. Just look at the 12-step for alcoholics anonymous. What's the very first step? First step, before anything else, is admit you have a problem, and that you need help.

Why? Because until the individual admits their drunkenness is a problem.... and that they need help.... AA knows that nothing they do can help that person. Nothing. Until the individual himself, or herself, admits that their drinking is a problem, and that they need help to get out of it.... nothing else matters. AA knows this. They know this from decades of experience. For almost 100 years now, they know that without that first step, nothing will help these people.

And I would submit to you, that it is exactly because of that, that forced rehab doesn't work. That's why you have a 60% relapse rate. And I actually believe that number is low. That is only the number that they know relapse, and only the ones they know relapsed in the time frame of the data. The guy whose back on drugs the day after the data is collected, didn't relapse, and neither did the guy who hasn't been caught.

Simply put, these people pushed into rehab, some don't believe they have a problem, and some don't think they need help. They are just taking rehab to avoid being in prison, at a huge cost to tax payers.

I think most of these people, if they believed they had a problem and needed help, they would have been in rehab, before they were ever in the court system.

That isn't to say we shouldn't investigate your idea, I'm all for it. But before we screw over the entire nation by making a bad national policy, I want to see at least one state running this program for 5 to 10 years.

Ooooh, the Globalists... those evil Illuminati, Lizard People globalists you think are hiding in your closet.

The point is, we've tried treating the addiction crisis as a criminal one. For poor people, anyway. Drug addicts like Cindy McCain and Rush Limpballs get rehab. Poor people get jail. Our prison population has ballooned from 500K in 1980 to 2 million now.

Maybe we should treat addiction like what it is, a medical issue.

3kk1du.gif

The only way that would work is if you weren't really sick, were faking it, and were saving the stuff up enough to intentionally commit suicide. Half the people in this country probably commit suicide because they can't get the real healthcare they really need.

So..... not really sure where you are coming from..... but....

I personally was given enough oxycodone for about two months, and honestly 3 pills would send you into orbit.
If I had been inclined to engage in illegal activity, I would have sold the bottle for $1000 or more.

You can easily.... EASILY get prescription drugs on the black market, virtually anywhere.

I had a co-worker years ago, who openly said that he was telling his doctor that he was in far more pain, than he really was. He would use 1/3 of the bottle on himself, and then sell the rest. He openly said this to numerous people. I suspect people thought he was lying, or that he knew no one had any specific information that they could give police, since obviously he didn't sell the pills at work.

Interestingly, I have had numerous people who were open to admitting they do illegal stuff like this. We had a girl who walked around the lab, asking anyone wanted to buy her food stamps.

Anyway, your claim that people commit suicide because they can't get real health care, is beyond stupid. Go to Canada, and wait 3 years for surgery. Dumbest claim by the left-wing, is that people can't get health care. Everyone can get health care.... they just flat out don't want to pay for it.

Either you have no drugs or you don't have drugs. This cherry picking is absurd. Having stated that the citzen should be given free will. However, once they impose on others and become a burden to society they should be executed. If drugs are illegal this goes for dealers and distributors as well. They should be executed, swiftly.

Forum List

Back