Petition to remove Westboro's Tax Exempt Status

Only after we remove a tax exempt status of Wright's church

the left and homosexuals wail about keeping the government out of their bedroom, uterus and vagina..

but they have no problem using MILITANT tactics by petitioning the Government against people's freedoms of speech

nothing like standing up for OTHERS besides THEMSELVES

Last edited:
Yeah why should anyone?

Yup...that's why they switched targets. They weren't generating enough revenue when it was just the queers they were picking on...too many like Rabbi and Katz LOVED them for it.

Uh, no. It's not all about you.

btw, is it worse to agitate to punish the Westies for their views or to punish Russia for its views?

You just reiterated my point. Y'all didn't give a shit about Westboro as long as it was jus fag funerals they attended. The "punishment" aspect didn't take off until they switched targets.

I fully support their right to protest funerals AND retain their tax exempt status. They aren't "political", just assholes. Lots of churches are assholes.

Yup...that's why they switched targets. They weren't generating enough revenue when it was just the queers they were picking on...too many like Rabbi and Katz LOVED them for it.

Uh, no. It's not all about you.

btw, is it worse to agitate to punish the Westies for their views or to punish Russia for its views?

You just reiterated my point. Y'all didn't give a shit about Westboro as long as it was jus fag funerals they attended. The "punishment" aspect didn't take off until they switched targets.

I fully support their right to protest funerals AND retain their tax exempt status. They aren't "political", just assholes. Lots of churches are assholes.
Guess what, genius? I still dont give a shit about them. I think just like you on this point: yeah they're disgusting pieces of shit but they are Americans with rights regardless.

Meh...nobody gave two shits about Westboro when it was just gays that were their targets.

Damn you dykes never stop bitching "Woe is us". Yep nobody cared about Westboro until they started showing up at military funerals. Get over it snievling Dyke. :cool:

And the response from the White House;

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/heres-what-we-have-say-about-westboro-baptist-church

That all said, we agree that practices such as protesting at the funerals of men and women who died in service to this country and preventing their families from mourning peacefully are reprehensible-- a point that President Obama has made for years. That's why he signed a law to ensure that protesters keep an appropriate distance at military funerals. As the President has said, “The graves of our veterans are hallowed ground, and when men and women die in the service of their country and are laid to rest, it should be done with the utmost honor and respect.”

Moreover, one of the remarkable things about this set of petitions is that it shows just how strong the bonds that unite us can be. Together, we’re more resilient than those who would try to drive us apart.

Take, for instance, this map of all the signers of the petition "Legally recognize Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group" -- that we built with the zip codes that people chose to share with us when they signed. The darker color indicates a higher percentage of signers for that particular area's population. While support for these petitions came from all over the country, it was densely clustered in two places that have unique insight into the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church -- Kansas, the state the church calls home, and Newtown, Con

I think they handled the petitions correctly. Until churches as a whole lose their tax-free status, none should be singled out.

Can't do it. WBC is the price we pay for the first amendment.

I'm having trouble with people equating the first amend with a tax free status. Can anyone explain?

I'm having trouble with people equating the first amend with a tax free status. Can anyone explain?

The government should not use the threat of taxation to stifle free speech.

I've often thought that liberals should pay all the taxes in this country since they love taxation so much. That's just me. I'm not the government.

So. apparently, it is you who is equating free speech with tax free status.

that freedom of speech is a bothersome thing to some of you isn't it...
you'd use this government to shut up anyone who hurts your fweelings...

I can't stand that church or what they stand for... but now PETITIONING the government to step on peoples rights..

scratch a liberal find a fascist

Why do you assume it was only liberals who are joining this petition? I've seen plenty of conservatives bitch about WBC, specifically when they are protesting funerals of armed services.

Last edited:
The entire premise of this thread is about a petition to remove the tax free status of a so called church group due to their unpopular speech.

What thread are you on?

I can't stand that church or what they stand for... but now PETITIONING the government to step on peoples rights..

Why do you assume it was only liberals who are joining this petition? I've seen plenty of conservatives bitch about WBC, specifically when they are protesting funerals of armed services.

But not when they are protesting homos...

why should anyone be joining it? and the op is a liberal so that is why I assumed..
I can't stand them either but I would never suggest the government do anything about it..
you want to go down that slippery slope, join them..this government would be glad to do it and then go on and decide what size of soda you should be able to drink..

The government should not use the threat of taxation to stifle free speech.

I've often thought that liberals should pay all the taxes in this country since they love taxation so much. That's just me. I'm not the government.

So. apparently, it is you who is equating free speech with tax free status.

Why do churches get special rights?

Forum List

Back