Petition to split California into six states gets green light.

Petition to Split California Into Six States Gets Green Light - ABC News

Hmm...not sure I want 6 California's! Just keep all the whack jobs in one state...easier to keep track of them...

An initiative might be a way to get action by the California Legislature, but the State can't be split without both the approval of the Legislature and of Congress.

For some reason I don't think the Senators from the flyover states are goings to be thrilled with the idea of adding 10 more California Senators (for a total of 12) to the Senate.

>>>>

Hmm...not sure I want 6 California's! Just keep all the whack jobs in one state...easier to keep track of them...

An initiative might be a way to get action by the California Legislature, but the State can't be split without both the approval of the Legislature and of Congress.

For some reason I don't think the Senators from the flyover states are goings to be thrilled with the idea of adding 10 more California Senators (for a total of 12) to the Senate.

>>>>

It would be funny with the unforeseen consequences, wouldn't it? :lol:

• Banned
I dunno if funny is the word for it...scary as hell maybe...I think the area around SD and Northern California would be either republican or libertarian...maybe someone who is more familiar with California can fill us in..

It can’t happen without the approval of both congress the state. And the Republicans would be crazy if they ever allowed this to happen, it would give the Democrats a lock on the senate.

It can’t happen without the approval of both congress the state. And the Republicans would be crazy if they ever allowed this to happen, it would give the Democrats a lock on the senate.
More people .. more votes.

SIX states? Stupid. Won't work. Cut it in half? I could go along with that. Got N Dakota and S dakota, N Carolina and S Carolina, etc etc. Why not North calif and South Calif? But SIX? I doubt it.

so the state you live in,but dont want to mention, has no wack jobs right?...
Oh we certainly do.But California takes the cake there.

Well The SD area and Northern California should be republican no? Possibly the Jefferson state as well...so that's half of them right there...

It would be better to have California pay its prorata share of the Federal Budget, so they'd have to kick in a little over 10% based on their 55 Electoral Votes

so b/c CA can't manage it's money, some people want to break it up.

well seeing the videos of people blindly signing anything, they should get the numbers to push a bill.

I'd guess the gop would love to break away.

If it did pass, this would domino to other states, cuz there's more than one that wants to split up.

plus we could pull in PR or cut them off.

Well The SD area and Northern California should be republican no? Possibly the Jefferson state as well...so that's half of them right there...

looks like 2 gop 1 battleground 3 dnc

Yep...do you live in California? I know a little about it mostly from listening to stuff on here...Wonder which way Silicon Valley would go? Obviously the LA and San Fran dominated areas go democrat very easily.

Yeah, send them all to Texass.

Maybe they'll split up Texass too.
Its got 1 s in it...and sure that's a great idea...NC,TN,Va,many states I can think of can be separated.

Yep...do you live in California? I know a little about it mostly from listening to stuff on here...Wonder which way Silicon Valley would go? Obviously the LA and San Fran dominated areas go democrat very easily.

Its got 1 s in it...and sure that's a great idea...NC,TN,Va,many states I can think of can be separated.

oh hell no

I'm going on what I've picked up

North and the region away from the cost is rnc turf, but that one that touches the cost will be battle ground.

I'd say it's a crafty trick. Knowing that splitting the state up gives each party seats, but cutting it that way ensures that the gop doesn't pick up an extra, like a N-S cut would

doubtful. I havent heard anything about that except for the occasional succeeding jokes.

the libs in AZ want to form Baja AZ though

I wouldn't mind if central PA broke off from philly and Pittsburg

Forum List

Back