Phil Robertson on Cancel Culture: ‘They Hate People Who Love God’

My point was that Christianity does not hate people because they are gay. The church doesnt push people out of their congregation because they have homosexual urges any more than they hate or push people who have other sinful urges. The Church's refusal to accept the gay lifestyle as not sinful is what draws the claim that the Church "hates" gay people.

Not true. First there are many churches that accept people who are openly homosexual. There are also churches that openly supported a guy that committed adultery many times and routinely took the Lord's name in vain.

Not true. First there are many churches that accept people who are openly homosexual. There are also churches that openly supported a guy that committed adultery many times and routinely took the Lord's name in vain.
Sure, individual Churches can certainly do whatever they want. Doesn't mean they are abiding by the word of God. And was this person doing evil in the name of God? That's what taking the Lord's name in vain means. Not saying "God Dammit" like most people think.

Sure, individual Churches can certainly do whatever they want. Doesn't mean they are abiding by the word of God. And was this person doing evil in the name of God? That's what taking the Lord's name in vain means. Not saying "God Dammit" like most people think.

He was living a adulteress life.

All of the out of work actors are now Conservative heroes.... I wonder why that is...
Phil Robertson isn't and never was an actor. He's an entrepreneur who started a successful business and whose son has built that business into a multi-million-dollar enterprise.

Last edited:
That doesn't have anything to do with taking the Lord's name in vain. The church should have dealt with that guy. Do you think they shouldn't have?

They shouldn't be particular in which sins they will accept and which they will condemn.

He was living a adulteress life.

Mr. Robertson repented of his sins, that's the point of Christianity.

Not that anyone is sinless, but that people turn away from it.

The problem isn't with homos, but those who commit sodomy and then say that it is praise-worthy and demand to be glorified for it.

Mr. Robertson repented of his sins, that's the point of Christianity.

Not that anyone is sinless, but that people turn away from it.

The problem isn't with homos, but those who commit sodomy and then say that it is praise-worthy and demand to be glorified for it.

Living with a divorced woman or being divorced and remarry is classified as adultery in the Bible and the church is full of those people.

Their adulteress relationships are celebrated in the church.

Any sin is between them and God, not them and me.
Agreed. But I don't have to act like what you're doing is not a sin. And your lifestyle if you are living and acting on your gay impulses is incompatible with being a Christian, isn't it?

Agreed. But I don't have to act like what you're doing is not a sin. And your lifestyle if you are living and acting on your gay impulses is incompatible with being a Christian, isn't it?

No, I do not believe so unless you believe God makes mistakes or doesn't care about those he has created.

We used to be God's country. We used to be a proud Christian nation. This was before liberals started knocking down statues of our heroes.

---Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson reacted to the recent wave of cancel culture Wednesday, telling Breitbart News Daily the cancel culture mob “hates people who love God,”---

Question...

When was this time when we were a "proud Christian nation"??

Don't speak in platitudes or feelings -- just tell me the actual time frame when this was

Question...

When was this time when we were a "proud Christian nation"??

Don't speak in platitudes or feelings -- just tell me the actual time frame when this was

I think the better question is when was the last time we actually acted like one.

No, I do not believe so unless you believe God makes mistakes or doesn't care about those he has created.
How is it not? Everyone has a sinful nature. We all commit them and are called to try to stop doing so when we become Christian. Does the Bible say that homosexual acts are a sin? If the answer is yes and a person is unwilling to give up that sin, then...... It's no different than if I decide that X sin doesn't apply to me so I'm going to keep on doing it since I like it. My lifestyle is incompatible with being a Christian and walking with God. This is relatively straight forward.

How is it not? Everyone has a sinful nature. We all commit them and are called to try to stop doing so when we become Christian. Does the Bible say that homosexual acts are a sin? If the answer is yes and a person is unwilling to give up that sin, then...... It's no different than if I decide that X sin doesn't apply to me so I'm going to keep on doing it since I like it. My lifestyle is incompatible with being a Christian and walking with God. This is relatively straight forward.

Jesus never mentioned it. If it was the big deal many made it out to be, I believe he would have. Besides as I said, even if it is, that is between the person and God and not between the person and me.

Jesus never mentioned it. If it was the big deal many made it out to be, I believe he would have. Besides as I said, even if it is, that is between the person and God and not between the person and me.
So if Jesus didnt specifically say you can't do it it's ok? That's in interesting take.

Forum List

Back