Phil Robertson on Cancel Culture: ‘They Hate People Who Love God’

Mr. Robertson repented of his sins, that's the point of Christianity.

Not that anyone is sinless, but that people turn away from it.

The problem isn't with homos, but those who commit sodomy and then say that it is praise-worthy and demand to be glorified for it.
I commit sodomy with my wife and I enjoy it.

A sin is between God and the person, not the person and me.
Look Im not saying you should just randomly walk up to a gay couple in a restaurant and tell them they are sinful, unrepentant heathens who are going to burn in hell for eternity. But if a gay couple showed up at my church I would expect the Pastor or one of the other leaders to have a conversation with them at some point. They are obviously seeking the truth and it does them or me any good to lie to them. You don't have to be a jerk, but the truth is the truth.

Jesus never mentioned it. If it was the big deal many made it out to be, I believe he would have. Besides as I said, even if it is, that is between the person and God and not between the person and me.
The problem with that kind of thinking is it DOES affect others and the entire flock. That's why church discipline is so important. Some time ago, the senior pastor at my church voluntarily resigned because he was in an adulterous relationship with another married woman. It affected the entire church badly.

Look Im not saying you should just randomly walk up to a gay couple in a restaurant and tell them they are sinful, unrepentant heathens who are going to burn in hell for eternity. But if a gay couple showed up at my church I would expect the Pastor or one of the other leaders to have a conversation with them at some point. They are obviously seeking the truth and it does them or me any good to lie to them. You don't have to be a jerk, but the truth is the truth.

They are in the right place to have that conversation with the one that matters. If they are seeking God he is the one to talk to them.

The problem with that kind of thinking is it DOES affect others and the entire flock. That's why church discipline is so important. Some time ago, the senior pastor at my church voluntarily resigned because he was in an adulterous relationship with another married woman. It affected the entire church badly.

A gay couple should not affect you any more than an adulteress couple. Granted it does and I find that unfortunate.

They are in the right place to have that conversation with the one that matters. If they are seeking God he is the one to talk to them.
Sometimes that happens through the Pastor or one of the other leaders in the church. It's why they were placed there.

Sometimes that happens through the Pastor or one of the other leaders in the church. It's why they were placed there.

I have rarely seen a pastor or other leader discourage anyone from marrying someone that has been married before (and wasn't divorced because of adultery in the marriage). There are church's out there that do but it's not one I would attend.

I have rarely seen a pastor or other leader discourage anyone from marrying someone that has been married before (and wasn't divorced because of adultery in the marriage). There are church's out there that do but it's not one I would attend.
So. Me doing something wrong doesnt make what you are doing right.

Sin is sin and ahould be purged from the fellowship. Paul's formula for church discipline is not to ostracized or reject the sinful individuals, but bring them to repentance and restoration.

Well you are going to have a ton of empty churches which equated to closed churches.

I believe the Bible warns against worshipping statues.
They worship this one:
1644507573803.png

Forum List

Back