Donald Trump Says That People Who Destroy The American Flag Should Be Prosecuted

Should People Who Destroy The American Flag Be Prosecuted?

• Total voters
I
I know as that's what kept me from voting yes but at exactly the same time it just feels completely wrong to me to destroy something that represents our country so that's why I voted undecided.
it's a colored piece of material which doesn't represent yer self worth.

The flag is a symbol. People put it on underwear and boots.

Freedom is a far better symbol of our nation.

And you're not free to stop someone expressing their 1st amendment rights by burning a flag.
I have a right to free speech, opposite speech, that speech stops them.

Same right

Unless it is a gay, transgender or other flavor of flag aligned with a special interest group.

A flag is a fucking piece of cloth. No one is injured or harmed in any way. Why should anyone be jailed for that?????

Americans have more people in jail than any other nation on earth, and their knee jerk reaction to anything they don't like is to throw someone in jail.

Of course, jailing black and brown people strips them of voting rights so there is that!!!

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
I have a right to free speech, opposite speech, that speech stops them.

Same right

Nope. Rights are freedom from government interference. You have no right to stop someone from expressing their free speech under the 1st ammendment.

If someone brought a few logs and started a fire there, they would be stopped. But those scumbags are allowed to steal federal property and burn our flag there without consequence?

unless you are saying it’s OK for an American-hating leftist to remove my flag from its pole holder, and set it ablaze.
I never said it was okay... I said, it is FREE SPEECH regardless how they feel, whether we like it or not. Removing your flag from its pole holder, and setting it ablaze is criminal.

Taking a flag and parading it around while it is set ablaze is protected under the Constitution.

You can get a flag from a Costco/Walmart. Mostly what these stupid people do...and they parade it around while setting it ablaze. It's only criminal if they just walked up to your yard, and stole it.

It is my right to protect the flag.

You have no right to stop someone from exercising theirs. That's not what rights are. What you're thinking of is powers. And you don't have that either.

If you do anything illegal to stop someone from burning a flag as an expression of your first amendment rights, you'll be treated like a person who violated the law.

Not the flag burner.

A flag is a fucking piece of cloth. No one is injured or harmed in any way. Why should anyone be jailed for that?????

Americans have more people in jail than any other nation on earth, and their knee jerk reaction to anything they don't like is to throw someone in jail.

Of course, jailing black and brown people strips them of voting rights so there is that!!!
I didn't say they should be jailed .. I said it should be treated just like every other destroyed flag.

You have no right to stop someone from exercising theirs. That's not what rights are. What you're thinking of is powers. And you don't have that either.

If you do anything illegal to stop someone from burning a flag as an expression of your first amendment rights, you'll be treated like a person who violated the law.

Not the flag burner.
I have the right to protect the flag.

I have the right to protect the flag.

You have no right to stop someone from exercising their rights. You've imagined it.

If you do anything illegal to stop someone burning the flag as a 1st amendment expression, you'll be treated as the criminal. Not the flag burner.

You have no right to stop someone from exercising their rights. You've imagined it.

If you do anything illegal to stop someone burning the flag as a 1st amendment expression, you'll be treated as the criminal. Not the flag burner.
What you are missing is that they stole a flag off a government building and burned it. That is a criminal offense and warrants prosecution.

Forum List

Back